• '12

Great pieces. Cant wait till they are avail. Job well done guys.

• TripleA '12

Love 'em! Although, I would say that the Fighter piece looks a little… stocky/balloonish? I would expect it to be a wee bit slimmer?

• Customizer

Actually, the I-16 looked very much like this sculp. It was kind of “bulky” for a fighter, which is why in the early stages of Barbarossa what few actually got into the air to try and stop the German onslaught were totally outclassed by the Luftwaffe fighters and thus sent crashing to the ground in flames. Much Soviet equipment was obsolete like this right at first but once they got over the shock and into the swing of things, they started designing and manufacturing much sleeker and competitive fighters.

The two engine plane sculp; is that the transport plane or the medium bomber?

• TripleA '12

knp7765 - Oh my God, you weren’t joking!  lol  Check it out:

I-16.jpg

• TripleA '12

Now that is a chunky mother.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

The two engine shown is the medium bomber.

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

Now that is a chunky mother.

Yeah, I remember seeing a little of them from my dvds on WW2, specifically the opening days of Barbarossa. They were relatively slow too. In one shot they showed an Me-109 pilot in the cockpit view as he chased and pumped bullets into an I-16 and actually passed it. You see him looking back trying to find the plane.

@Variable:

The two engine shown is the medium bomber.

Thanks. It looks cool. These will be available in both the OOB Maroon color and the Burgandy color of FMG’s Soviet Combat Dice?

Russian set will actually be done in 4 colors. G40 OOB (black-cherry color), maroon from Europe 41 (1999 ed), red for Communist Chinese, and plum (purple) for Spanish Republic. Of course, you can use the 4 colors any way you wish!

• The SU2 looks good too.This will be a good set!

• Hey Variable do you know if this is all the pieces? Is there going to be a infantry piece and artillery piece? Thanks for the info. BTW this looks like the best set so far.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Yes, list is on first post.

• any word on what the front runners are for the french pieces? also wanted to ask if a cruiser can be added the 1939 set up needs 3 and OOB 1940 only has 2

• @knp7765:

These will be available in both the OOB Maroon color and the Burgandy color of FMG’s Soviet Combat Dice?

@Variable:

Russian set will actually be done in 4 colors. G40 OOB (black-cherry color), maroon from Europe 41 (1999 ed), red for Communist Chinese, and plum (purple) for Spanish Republic. Of course, you can use the 4 colors any way you wish!

Will the planned red colour for the HBG Soviet pieces closely match the FMG red Soviet Combat Dice?

• ohh dang i thought this was the french threrad -_-

@AG124:

@knp7765:

These will be available in both the OOB Maroon color and the Burgandy color of FMG’s Soviet Combat Dice?

@Variable:

Will the planned red colour for the HBG Soviet pieces closely match the FMG red Soviet Combat Dice?

Probably not. It will likely be a bit brighter than that. We will know for sure once color swatches have been approved.

• Customizer

“Coach”,

Back on Jan. 26 I asked if you planned to release some Russian Airborne Paratroopers in a future set. I looked back over the postings but didn’t see your response.

I realize you’re busy working on the CURRENT Russian set and this would be in a FUTURE set, but I just wanted to know. Thanks for your time.

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Yes, I plan on doing an Airborne unit for all major nations.

• Customizer

“Coach”,

Great! “Death from the Sky” is a definate (future) possibility for all nations.
    I’m very much looking forward to having this capability in my global-40 games.

Thanks for your time and all of your work thus far.

“Tall Paul”

• I ordered some pieces from Coachs site and I noticed he has the sculpts of Russia up on his site. BTW the pieces I ordered are great Coach. I didn’t know if you guys knew this. Coach any idea when these will come out. Thanks again

Thanks for the compliments! And yep, we know the pic is there. That’s the latest sculpts with a few close up pics. This is what they look like before they are plastic. I will let Coach give a current due date on the set as he is the one in contact with the factory. Neutrals are due out next.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m