• If Germany looks to be preparing for Sealion and fails to take Paris on the first turn, should England hunker down defenses in London, or dedicate units to holding Paris (this is most especially important concerning all the British fighters).

• How can you possibly reinforce Paris?

But probably London

• The only things the British could send to Paris are fighters and whatever units they still have in Normandy.  Honestly, I think they’re better off in London.  Paris will wall anyway, but you could possibly scare Germany into not wanting to attack London.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Paris is designed to fall…

Focus on LONDON, OR The Mediterraenean.  Make the Italians HURT if Paris holds.

• If Paris holds on the first turn you might want to start over. It has to fall on turn 1 or the Axis are screwed.

• Customizer

I’ve found that if Germany fails to take Paris G1, Italy will finish the job I1.  When this happens though, it usually sets the Axis back some, especially in the Med.

• Unless you get the most horrible dicing in world or the Axis player is super inept, Paris falls every time.

• I’ve seen Paris survive the German attack twice. The Axis tried to weaken Paris on G1 so that Italy could have it I1. The thought was that Italy needs the 19 IPC to boost their start more than the Germans do.
    That’s why I was wondering about GB sending its planes. Italy would have a tough time knocking out that air force, and France gets to buy 6 new infantry to stand ready for round 2 (for which Germany didn’t buy any ground units as it was planning on a G2 or G3 Sealion).

My thought is that the Axis is going to take both capitals in the first 3 rounds no matter what. So which capital has the greater potential to be a nuisance?

• @MacNaughton:

I’ve seen Paris survive the German attack twice. The Axis tried to weaken Paris on G1 so that Italy could have it I1. The thought was that Italy needs the 19 IPC to boost their start more than the Germans do.
    That’s why I was wondering about GB sending its planes. Italy would have a tough time knocking out that air force, and France gets to buy 6 new infantry to stand ready for round 2 (for which Germany didn’t buy any ground units as it was planning on a G2 or G3 Sealion).

My thought is that the Axis is going to take both capitals in the first 3 rounds no matter what. So which capital has the greater potential to be a nuisance?

Germany needs the IPC from France more than Italy, for either a push against London or Russia.
    Italys income needs to be increased via the Mediterranean and northern Africa and move from there. Otherwise Italy and Germany will compete with themselves.

• I think the UK would not be able to hold off the Germans in London if they went all in to keep Paris, but they could make it difficult for the Italians to take Paris after a German failure.

I just saw the Allies win the Paris battle for the first time in our last game.  It changes the dynamic when Italy takes it.

• Has anyone seen Paris not captured and the axis win against competent players?  I ask because in our games when Paris didn’t fall G1 we restarted!

• I’ve seen Axis fail to get Paris in a Europe game (truly gruesome bad dice for Germany and awesome dice for France), Axis gave up and we restarted, probably for the best.

In case they would go on, i think having France buy stuff 1 turn is damage enough. No need to reinforce.

• I agree with most of the opinions here, if Paris doesn’t fall turn 1 and the Germans are prepping for Sea Lion, focus on holding London: keeping the UK in the game is much more important than keeping France in.

• In my most recent game, London fell G2, France fell I3 (GB reinforced Paris instead of preparing for the incoming Sealion). The Axis won. But that was more a result of the USA playing poorly than a result of London falling so early.

I think that if G1 attempt on Paris fails, people should at least play out the rest of the round. Depending on how much damage the Germans do, Italy has a fair chance at taking Paris before France can build any units.

• Never seen Paris survive a German 1st turn attack. France is meant to fall, its supposed to.  Focus on London, let France fall. Its an advantage to the allies the longer France survives. We always play our games out, never surrendered before 5th or 6th round, but if I was Germany and I failed to take Paris on 1st turn……TO THE COOLER

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m