• Lets face it. Both A&A Europe and Pacific 1940 boxes suck. The trays don’t have dividers, the setup charts are already obsolete, and neither box is large enough to carry a full global setup. I found a woodworker willing to build a custom box for A&A Global 1940. He’s never played before and asked me to design the box. Before I finalize a design I thought I’d ask what features you felt were necessary for an awesome box.

My first question is about dividers. How many dividers should each country tray include? Do you feel it necessary to have individual spaces for each unit type or are 3 sections for land/sea/air sufficient?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Really, you only need a divider to seperate roundels from pieces.  If you try to seperate the boxes for each unit type, it gets out of hand.

You need a box for all of the following.

Germany
    Russia
    Japan
    China
    USA
    U.K.
    Anzac.
    Italy
    France
    Box for Dice
    Box for Chips
    Box for AAg’s complexes Minors

That’s 12 boxes.

All the boxes need to fit comfortably in the larger box. with the maps, a rule book, and an Income chart on top.

• I have seven compartments in each of my boxes.  One is a bit oversized to fit all of the infantry and roundels.  The others are all uniform in size and fit two each of the other unit types.

• They already have some files on this at BGG. its a 3 section divider and how to make it. Of if you want the easy road, they sell the same item on ebay and it has nice pictures.

• There’s also the FMG Combat Chest that I have under good word is being redesigned to hold AAG40 including the boards.  ;)

• '10

Next week a NEW AMMO BOX will be released.  It has been in development for over two months.  I was awaiting the PCS release to announce this.

It has many new improvements on the original design and was built specifically for the Global Game and all of it’s components.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I will be buying that.

Make sure you PM me as SOON as it’s released!

• Nice to hear a new box is coming out. I’ll hold off on this one until I see what you’ve come up with.

• how much?

• '10

Product is released

• Looks nice enough but geez that thing is 100bucks more then i paid for both games (incl tax) … IMHO, I almost prefer my two game boxes vs an ammo box like that =/

Could you guys do a cheap simple cardboard one for us broke-asses :)

Edit, here’s the link to what IL mentioned, for people like me who want links: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/482533/diy-tuck-box-insert

• Bung: good post!

Could you guys do a cheap simple cardboard one for us broke-asses

This is a great idea, except not for the reasons mentioned. The issue is it needs to be lightweight. I own the wooden box and its not the funnest thing to haul around in a convention. Id like a replacement cardboard boxes that could fit in a plastic tackle box or foam box…not more than 3-5 pounds.

When you lay the ammo box down you gotta make sure the thing wont break the table or damage the wood floor…its that heavy.

Perhaps if a real army surplus ammo box could be located in quantity and they get retrofitted for AA boxes is another idea.

Not really knocking the product, but its really a stationary product for a man cave and not a traveling box of AA parts and games

• fmg felt feet is a must

• '10

@Imperious:

Bung: good post!

Could you guys do a cheap simple cardboard one for us broke-asses

This is a great idea, except not for the reasons mentioned. The issue is it needs to be lightweight. I own the wooden box and its not the funnest thing to haul around in a convention. Id like a replacement cardboard boxes that could fit in a plastic tackle box or foam box…not more than 3-5 pounds.

When you lay the ammo box down you gotta make sure the thing wont break the table or damage the wood floor…its that heavy.

Perhaps if a real army surplus ammo box could be located in quantity and they get retrofitted for AA boxes is another idea.

Not really knocking the product, but its really a stationary product for a man cave and not a traveling box of AA parts and games

I do agree with you.  This is mostly a nice touch for a Bunker Gaming room.  Not for lugging around.  The new one is a bit lighter, but I don’t carry it around that much.

• Customizer

I do have something in mind but unfortunately I will have to let you know at a later date.

All I will say is: It will be lighter in weight and will be easier to carry around to conventions!

I Will be discussing it with Jeremy from FMG this weekend at the FMG Board Gaming Weekend.

I will keep you posted!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m