• @lnmajor:

Might be too harsh for Axis Roll thou. But then again he sounds like he likes to play it more like AXIS and BARBIE DOLLS. :-D

What are you talking about?

You said you have a game turn timer.  You then said when it goes off and you’re not done with your turn, you get no combat moves.  But then you said you play for fun.  I followed that your actions (penalties for slow play) didn’t match your rhetoric:  We play for fun.

How can this at all imply that I play Axis and barbie dolls?

• ITS ALL FUN 8-)

• I think a timer could be a guideline to facilitate play, except it would not be fun to get a penalty for going over.

The timer should only be for purchases, tech, movement, and placement. Combat should never have a timer.

Also, purchases should be done on your opponents turn as well as some combat moves as long as their is no opportunity to be effected by this. For example, Germany should be able to move during Japans turn if USA is not at war and Japan is not attacking UK.

I usually got my builds done for 3 turns ahead of time, pending some very poor combat result which can change this.

• I remember the CD-Rom had a timer for all phases of the game except for resolve combat.
    There were times when you were hard pressed to complete all Japan’s NCM.

• Yea thats where i started using a timer, The CD-Rom had it right. The low tech way is to buy an sand timer for like $1.50 that has a 3-4 minute sand reservoir. Of course i got plenty of Chess clocks of all types as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m