• In our last game Japan was trying to put pressure on USA, Russia,UK and Anzac and as a consequence China recovered all original territories.

After some rounds China became unspugnable.

It is very important for Japan to conquer China first.

• I agree that China is VERY annoying.  It has a large number of territories and thanks to its production rules every time Russia or India retake a square China pops back into position.

Killing the Flying Tiger and cutting the artillery/Burma Road help neuter its offensive value of course.

Last game as Japan I attacked China a fair amount but never concentrated on them.  In fact awhile back I found I could ignore them and really get Australia’s attention with a Malaysian Industry.

How big did them Chinese infantry stacks get?  Were they paired about 2 to 1 with artillery?

• For the first few turns as japan I generally go all out on China, sending most available units into Chinese territories, I also tend to buy one or two minor complexes maybe even a major just for taking out china, although it also comes in handy against India and pumping tanks into Russia when China is dead.

If you are looking for an economical way to contain China (there is no cheap way to kill China) Take and hold Yunnan (land planes in it), kill the flying tigers, and keep them at least two territories away from any ocean. You can usually do this with your starting ground forces and a bunch of planes which can easily be used against the fight for India. But beware that even a contained China is potentially hazardous.

• The biggest threat of a China that is alive is them pumping troops into Russia every turn, and thats all Germany needs is more troops to kill when they invade Russia.

• @RedHunter:

The biggest threat of a China that is alive is them pumping troops into Russia every turn, and thats all Germany needs is more troops to kill when they invade Russia.

???

Chinese infantry cannot move into any territory that doesn’t have a chinese roundel with few exceptions (and they’re UK territories on the Pacific board).  Chinese can never be in Russia.

• @kcdzim:

???

Chinese infantry cannot move into any territory that doesn’t have a chinese roundel with few exceptions (and they’re UK territories on the Pacific board).  Chinese can never be in Russia.

Do I have the rule wrong then? I thought that in Global China could move troops into Russia once Russia is at war. I was assuming(the rules imply this) that all movement restrictions are waved off once the allies are all at war.

If I am wrong I am sure that I could still find a way for China to annoy the living hell out of Japan if left alive.

• No, China really can’t move units into Russia.

• Why not buy a major IC in Korea?  Pump out Mech (and a few tanks) just for the purpose of moving up fast and spreading out with your plane as the killing units.

• @Daedelus:

Why not buy a major IC in Korea?  Pump out Mech (and a few tanks) just for the purpose of moving up fast and spreading out with your plane as the killing units.

Specific reason you’d chose Korea over Manchuria (which is 1 step closer to most of the action) ?

• If china or Russia captures the Manchurian Factory it is destoyed rather than being downgraded.  China can’t have any ICs.

• Having to kill Chinese annoys my Japan for some reason.

• @SalothSar:

@Daedelus:

If china or Russia captures the Manchurian Factory it is destoyed rather than being downgraded.  China can’t have any ICs.

Hey D…Isn’t that what I just wrote?

I think we posted at the same time.  :oops:

• @SalothSar:

@MarkVIIIMarc:

Having to kill Chinese annoys my Japan for some reason.

Why?

For one with their production rules they just pop back up when the Soviets come save the day.

Second all their territories are worth 1IPC.  I really want to eliminate India or Russia.  Even ANZAC. There just isn’t any glory in killing Chinese

• Ok folks the fun is over. No more fighting.

Post nicely.

• The problem was that USA built too many heavy bombers that would destroy jpnese fleet. To avoid this Japan did a risky attack on USA west territory and could conquer it, but not maintaining it more than one round. Anyway the bombers where destroyed.

Unfortunately Japan left China unprotected and China became a monster with so may armies that no one else could enter China.

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

The problem was that USA built too many heavy bombers that would destroy jpnese fleet. To avoid this Japan did a risky attack on USA west territory and could conquer it, but not maintaining it more than one round. Anyway the bombers where destroyed.

A lesson for USA not to let anything on a transport get within 1 turn distance without properly reacting to it.

@MEGAEINSTEIN:

Unfortunately Japan left China unprotected and China became a monster with so may armies that no one else could enter China.

And that is basically why China has ACME walls, i suppose

• We are playing a game now with me as Japan. Originally I was planning on eliminating China. I also took HI round 1. I thought I was doing pretty good, but China proved to be pretty tough. The flying tigers flew north and most of their builds were up there. They would keep 1 infantry between the flying tigers, about 4 infantry and a few artillery. I could not blitz and attack these units and I was not going to trade aircraft for the infantry. I would take the adjacent territory and they would counter attack with all the units defending the flying tigers and normally take the territory back. There new builds were either a single infantry to prevent blitzing or defense of the flying tigers.

I had a lot of trouble closing the burma road since most of my forces were trying to kill China in the North.

I think next time I will build an IC some place close to India where the Chinese cannot attack (Burma?) and basically ignore the Chinese.

Currently I am backed up to the IC I built in Shanghai and most of my money is going to ships and fighters to try and discourage the US (which has become a monster) from invading the homeland. I feel the Pacific is lost, but I am trying to make things difficult to take the pressure off Germany and Italy. I am almost ready to surrender to the allies because the US and UK control the Med at this point.

• 99.99% of the time, China will never become a monster

• @nutbar:

99.99% of the time, China will never become a monster

99.9% of the time, you won’t lose a battle of 10 jets versus 7 bombers and a radar AA gun

• Though this is slightly off-topic, at least it’s relating to China.

How big of an impact on the game would allowing China to move and conquer wherever and whatever it wants would make? Of course, they’d still be limited to the mainland except for the Flying Tigers… but still. I just think this would make playing China a bit more interesting, and open up more options. I don’t really care too much about historical accuracy, by the way. I just want to know how this would affect gameplay.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m