• I don’t know if people aren’t reading the rules or what, but fighters in England CANNOT SCRAMBLE!!! Scrambling only takes place on Islands (A land territory within a SINGLE body of water), and the rule book SPECIFICALLY points out that England is not an Island. Is this an alpha 2 rule or something?

• @KillOFzee:

Is this an alpha 2 rule?

Yes.

• The Alpha +2 rules state you can scramble from coastal territories, as well as islands.

• Customizer

Yeah, this greatly increased the value of air bases.  Now territories like Eastern and Western USA, Western Germany, United Kingdom, Gibraltar, Southern Italy, India, Queensland, etc. are capable of scrambling fighters, which really makes much more sense.  I mean, think about it, Hawaii or Midway could scramble fighters but not Western United States?  Pish-Posh!

Also remember, the Alpha +2 rules limit the number of fighters you can scramble from any air base to 3.  In the OOB rules, it was unlimited.

• Sponsor

@KillOFzee:

I don’t know if people aren’t reading the rules or what, but fighters in England CANNOT SCRAMBLE!!! Scrambling only takes place on Islands (A land territory within a SINGLE body of water), and the rule book SPECIFICALLY points out that England is not an Island. Is this an alpha 2 rule or something?

Be aware as well that in Alfa+2, you may only scramble up to 3 fighters per air base.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m