• Another question.  German sub is off of the coast of Canada, I understand that this sea one is fair game.  Please verify, thanks.  US not at war, this is its first turn, thanks.

• @loki17:

Another question.  German sub is off of the coast of Canada, I understand that this sea one is fair game.  Please verify, thanks.  US not at war, this is its first turn, thanks.

What exactly is your question?

• i’m gonna guess he means the sea zone and the convoy.

If so; yes you can disrupt the convoy there (and/or attack the UK fleet there)

if not, i have no idea about the question too :)

• Maybe he’s asking if the US can move into that zone? If so, the answer is yes

• Do the true neutrals still oopersate the same way?

ie invading one makes all of the other pro-whatever side did not initiate the attack.

• @leddux:

Do the true neutrals still oopersate the same way?

ie invading one makes all of the other pro-whatever side did not initiate the attack.

You mean in the alpha setups? Yes.

• Yes for the alpha setups

• Hi people
    I am just about to start my first global game of A&A.
    my first question and I am sure more will follow is.
    Do you follow the global rules at the back of the Europe booklet only or also other national objectives and bonuses in the Europe and Pacific manuals

• Any Global NOs override the individual Europe and Pacific NO’s; the only NOs to use in the global game are those in the back of the Europe rulebook

• Official Q&A

Welcome, steiner73!

The Global Politics and National Objectives rules completely replace those in the Theatre games (except for the rules on neutral territories on pages 10 & 11 of the Europe rules).  The National Objectives from the Theatre game rules should not be used.

(Seems Calvin beat me to it!)

• Thanks very much for the reply and advice.

Battles commences on Sunday 2nd at 11.00am.
    Wife watching the kids so uninterupted battle time :-D

• 2007 AAR League

Which territory is the Capital for Italy.  N. Italy has a Major IC but it looks like Rome would actually be in S. Italy which only has a Minor IC.

• @Emperor:

Which territory is the Capital for Italy.  N. Italy has a Major IC but it looks like Rome would actually be in S. Italy which only has a Minor IC.

South Italy contains Rome.

• Can you give me a link to the most recent text of alpha plus setupand rules updates?

• Question about surface warships starting in hostile sea zones (See top right of page 13 of rulebook).

There is the exception, that you can load units in a hostile sea zone only if you just declared war on that power in that turn - you can still load ground units.

Our question is, can you load units in that zone and go conduct amphibious assault with them elsewhere, and also attack the enemy surface ship(s) in that loading zone all in the same combat move phase?

I’m attacking an American destroyer in Z6 with aircraft and warships, while also loading ground units from Japan for battles elsewhere and my opponent’s understanding of the page 13 rules is that you can’t do both.

I thought the purpose of the rule was to point out that you can’t just stay in the zone without conducting any combat (ignore it), and that you can’t load ground units from that zone (there is the exception for when you just declared war that turn, though).

Who’s right?

• Official Q&A

It is allowed.  The purpose of the rule is to keep a power from blocking the loading of transports by moving ships into the sea zones with them before they are at war.

• Krieg.
    scenario:
    US moves into sz 6 on its non combat move during its turn 3, and it declares war at the end of mobilize units.

I believe this would prevent Japan from loading units on a TR in sz6 the following turn since Japan is already at war from the previous turn.

• ^
    That is the exact reason that some people want the US DOW to be moved.

• Official Q&A

@jeffdestroyer:

Krieg.
    scenario:
    US moves into sz 6 on its non combat move during its turn 3, and it declares war at the end of mobilize units.

I believe this would prevent Japan from loading units on a TR in sz6 the following turn since Japan is already at war from the previous turn.

I guess that’s an incentive for Japan to not wait until turn 4 to declare war on the US.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m