• When I put the 4 board pieces together, 2 of them bend a little upwards over the other 2. This, The Western side of West Germany is a centimeter above(by which I mean in the 3rd dimension)  the eastern side, and the same thing happens to Siberia. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Here’s what I’m describing:
    _/ _________________/ _________________

The slashes are exaggerated, but show that the board tilts upwards. This is only a problem at the top of the board, not the bottom.

• Hold the boards together with Painters masking tape (the blue stuff)  It peels off without grabbing the paper back side and tearing it (at least so far!)

• I go a bit extreme with this.  I go to my local hardware store and usually have them cut me a piece of glass measured to size and place it over the map. You can get this done at Menards or Lowes.

• Official Q&A

Take a couple of spines from clear plastic report covers and cut them into smaller pieces, then use them to clip the boards together at the top and bottom edges.  This is a good thing to do even if you don’t have warping issues.

• I use plexiglass to cover most or all of the board.

If it is a small section sticking up, then I use a small paper wt

• I bought some big paper clips to hold my AAP40 boards together. I haven’t picked up AAE40 yet but when I do those will be paper clipped as well.

• The tape is the only suggestion so far that can be hidden(by taping on the back).

• If I hold them together with clips for a while, will it stay flat after I remove them or will I have to continuously keep them on?

• I leave the clips on for the duration of the game.

It helps keep the boards together when someone bumps one of the game boards. (esp. since there are 4 game boards to keep in place)

• One thing that I found that works well and was REAL CHEAP….

Clear plastic vinyl from WalMart sowing section.  It’s the same stuff that Italian Grandmothers use to make plastic table cloths.  I cover a 4’x10’ table for $11.  We use IL printed maps underneath it.

• @RogertheShrubber:

I go a bit extreme with this.  I go to my local hardware store and usually have them cut me a piece of glass measured to size and place it over the map. You can get this done at Menards or Lowes.

Cost? Is this the same as plexiglass (I am hardware illiterate)?

• industrial cling film,its very cheap,and it will protect your boards from stains

• Lay textbooks (if you dont have any just find some heavy books) on the seams to make the boards level with each other.

• @munchie19:

Lay textbooks (if you dont have any just find some heavy books) on the seams to make the boards level with each other.

How long do I have to leave them on?

• Just figure it out

• Until you are in danger of failing the class.

• @reloader-1:

Until you are in danger of failing the class.

yea that sounds about right, probably just over night or all day depending on when you put them on, I don’t have AAE40 yet but I would imagine it would work well

• @RogertheShrubber:

I go a bit extreme with this.  I go to my local hardware store and usually have them cut me a piece of glass measured to size and place it over the map. You can get this done at Menards or Lowes.

I did something similar.  My board is covered with a sheet of acrylic which a local plastics company cut to the required size for me.  I had considered using glass for a while, but I finally opted for acrylic because it’s lighter and less fragile, and because its flexibility allowed it to be rolled up to a convenient size for delivery.

• For my Pacific (Europe/Global soon too) I used some velcro.  A local craft store sells self-stick rolls that are 2" wide (and 25’ long!).

I cut the ‘hooks’ side down the middle (so there are 2 1" wide strips - leave the loops side 2" wide though) and I stuck three strips (about 10" long each to allow for the folds) on the back of each adjoining edge of the map.

I left plastic backing on the loops side and now I simply press the board pieces into place (like you used to do with floor mats in gym class).  The map is held together (both side-to-side and up/down) until you WANT it to come apart!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m