Table Tactics plastic pieces out - German & British

• So Table Tactics has their pieces out - German & British sets, $11.98 each.

What a disappointment - great modeling, but the scale is much too big.

Garmans.jpg
    Brits.jpg

• '10

Whats with the funky shootin irons on a pedestal?

• How many of each piece come in the set?

• i think that they look horrific.

sorry, but the quality is dissapointing when compared to the fmg sculpts. and the guns would just look odd on an a&a board

• @Brain:

How many of each piece come in the set?

Each Set Comes With
    6 Cromwell Tanks, 6 Crusader Tanks & 4 Sherman Tanks

Infantry Units Include
    14 General Infantry, 6 Paratroopers (Thompson), 3 Medium Infantry (BAR), 6 Heavy Infantry (Bren) & 3 Anti Tank Infantry (Bazoka)

So 48 pieces total for $12 and 32 of those are guns on a pedestal ……

• '10

I said it before.  What a horrible idea for infantry.

• Yea. Great. Guns and tanks… 16 new sculpts…

nothing else… and no game uses pieces in that size or uses guns for infantry.

Its so incompatible as to render any casual judgement as to its utility for gaming to be very small.

Might as well take investment and burn in oven.

You might think that he could have got opinions on a loose concept of this type… BEFORE he went ahead and spent the money. Our people could have saved him tens of thousands.

Or he could have shared the costs with FMG and both developed them… so many ideas are now closed after viewing this product… Its a real shame.

16 sculpts could have been enough to outfit a new WW1 game:

Central powers infantry ( based on German design)
    Entente powers infantry ( based on British design)
    Russian infantry
    Turkish infantry
    Bi-planes
    Rail guns
    Artillery
    Bombers
    Zeppelins
    Dreadnoughts
    Cruisers
    Destroyers
    Submarines
    Transports
    Tanks
    Stosstrupen or flamethowers

add map and you got WW1 Axis and Allies… but no… lets make floating guns and tanks… thats it.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

Yea. Great. Guns and tanks… 16 new sculpts…

nothing else… and no game uses pieces in that size or uses guns for infantry.

Its so incompatible as to render any casual judgement as to its utility for gaming to be very small.

Might as well take investment and burn in oven.

You might think that he could have got opinions on a loose concept of this type… BEFORE he went ahead and spent the money. Our people could have saved him tens of thousands.

Or he could have shared the costs with FMG and both developed them… so many ideas are now closed after viewing this product… Its a real shame.

16 sculpts could have been enough to outfit a new WW1 game:

Central powers infantry ( based on German design)
    Entente powers infantry ( based on British design)
    Russian infantry
    Turkish infantry
    Bi-planes
    Rail guns
    Artillery
    Bombers
    Zeppelins
    Dreadnoughts
    Cruisers
    Destroyers
    Submarines
    Transports
    Tanks
    Stosstrupen or flamethowers

add map and you got WW1 Axis and Allies… but no… lets make floating guns and tanks… thats it.

Now this would have been RAD! But you know me, I’m always with you on the WWI stuff :-D

• '10

I think it is great that Table Tactics has come out with a product for the AAA community.  You may see them as our competition but I look at it differently.  I support them for their effort!

We may not all agree with the choice of sculpts but it is a cool product and the price is very low.  We have to support small companies that support our community… or they will be gone one day.

The “infantry” units will be cool for other games and/or house rules (Tech units?).  I think the Tanks are a cool addition.

I showed my appreciation by ordering one set of each today.

• Infantry sculpts instead of weapon sculpts definitely would have created more interest.

• '10

Infantry sculpts instead of weapon sculpts definitely would have created more interest.

having them the same scale would have helped create more interest also

• And also letting him know that he made a mistake would help others coming in the field to produce pieces. I plan on buying them, but i also want him to know in no uncertain terms what mistakes were made and what improvements could be done.

The detail is not so good. Remember i got the prototypes a few months ago. They are in scale with World War Two: The Wargame which is double AA scale.

• As I mentioned over on BGG, I would use the infantry pieces in Memoir '44 as Special Weapons Assets. I can even add the tanks to give more color & flavor to my game.

• The WWI pieces and map would be a dream come true for me!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

What do you guys think about using these for an advanced BOTB game? I guess I’ll decide when the US units are released.

• Yes but the pieces are double sized. It wont look right or fit in the space.

• Customizer

I would have bought them if they were to scale with A&A.

As it is, my money stays with me.

• Again it might be me but… to me the German rifle looks like an Enfield not a Mauser.

• I still with my CinC pieces…way better!!

• im sorry, have to agree with IL. these pieces wont make it on my A+A board. they just dont do it for me. seems like such a waste.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m