• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

When Chuck Norris backed up the undertaker.

• Brett (The Hitman) Hart!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Yes!!!  When Ax and Smash from Demolition were the first two wrestlers picked for the Bunkhouse Brawl (Wow, what are the odds of that :-P) and they started pouding the crap out of each other!  I think the 3rd wrestler was The Natural Butch Reed and they just pummeled him.

Do they still do the Bunkhouse?  I haven’t watched wrestling in like 22 years.  I think that was in 1988 or 1989.

The famous scaffold match between the Road Warriors and Midnight Express has been a favorite of mine lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj3SKC4FVI4

SO LAME!

Until I listened to this… Quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74f45Q_4I-U&feature=related

• Jerome Howard was the best wrestler of all time. Nobody could touch his skills… or his Hyacinth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgtJIZZOiFQ&feature=endscreen

• '10

Wild Red Berry was the greatest.

• NWO?  With toothpick in mouth “As you all know by now, I’m taking a survey…”

Been watching since the 80’s, but the NWO was frakin hilarious in the day!

• How about these guys from the 80s

cuban assassin.jpg

Hulk Hogan needs to be the villan in Expendables 3…

• @Gargantua:

Hulk Hogan needs to be the villan in Expendables 3…

Actually, add Hogan to the good guys, and add Zeus to the bad guys (that guy lasted, what, a week?)…then it could be a reboot of No Holds Barred.

The wrestling video games for N64 were the best…

I always loved approaching the audience to get some kind of random tool to beat your opponents with LOL… folding chairs - etc, and climbing in and out of the rink. Awesome! :P

• '10

With you on the games Garg. WCW vs. Nitros, or whatever is was for 64 was tough. There was a cheat where you could flick the analog stick and kick out every time, so we had to make the matches the first to KO the other guy. All we did was bash each other with chairs, hammers, etc.

As far as favorite match it would have to be Savage vs. Steamboat at Wrestlemania III. I was a little kid when it happened, but we rented it in college and watched it for the Hogan vs. Andre match. I remembered that Savage and Steamboat had wrestled in this wrestlemania, but remembered nothing about the match.

About a quarter of the way through the match (we hadn’t been paying full attention at first) I mentioned this was looking like a pretty good match, so we rewound the tape and watched it again from the beginning and barely spoke a word to each other.

Two great athletes putting on a great match.

Athletes?  I think you mean. -ahem- actors. :) Incredible stage fighting skills.

• '10

I’d like to know your definition of an athlete if someone that puts as much training and time into as a wrestler isn’t one. :

Is the thumb wrestler not an athlete to you? The beer pong player? The yard dart thrower? The cup flipper? The paper football player?

Are these not honorable athletes?

Am I an athlete for the amount of time I spend focused on Axis and Allies?  I work out to promote maximum mental clarity, and went on a cleanse just before FMG 2013 - so I would be at my best. :P

And was Vince McMan an Athlete or an Actor everytime he jumped in the ring?

Is Arnold an Actor? or an Athlete?

Athletics implies it was your skills -in contest- which is why you were chosen for the task/game/challenge.  Where as when you are an ACTOR, athletics is just an attribute.

As professional WWF/WCW style wrestling - is basically theatre, the athletics are supplementary - not mandatory, are are not -challenged- by other athletes.  Therefore professional wrestlers are professional -actors-, not professional -athlete’s-.

• '10

Arnold was an athlete then became an actor.

Do you get paid to play A&A professionally? You work out 10 hours a day to play Axis and Allies? Is the battleship piece a little too heavy to push two sea zones?

And I go through a cleanse every morning while reading a periodical, and I don’t consider myself an athlete.

Olympic athletes put on rehearsed performances in many routines, isn’t that just acting? Do their athletic skills only play as an attribute since they are acting out a routine?

Athletics are supplementary in professional wrestling? LOL!
    You’re way off dude, 99.9% of all wrestlers have to be in great athletes and in great shape to even get a start in the business. The ones that are better actors get paid more. Acting skills aren’t mandatory, they’re just really nice to have.

Besides, if wrestlers are actors, then how come not one of them has ever made a decent movie?

The ROCK has been in lots of half-decent movies.

Is Colin Ferrel, an Actor or an Athlete?  How about the new James Bond? OR Adrian Brody?

There’s a big difference between being extremely fit, and COMPETETING as a professional athlete, than there is being a a physical fit theatrical performing.

Everyone in Circe De Solie is considered an ACTOR first, and not an athlete, despite their acrobatics.

Wrestlemania falls under this pretense… sorry.

If the competition was legitimate, it would be a different game.

It should be noted that Wrestling as WWF Presents IS theatre for entertainment, and not a sport, and that’s the difference.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m