Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• I support FMG and am happy about the project, what I’m upset about is that this is at least the 3rd date given by FMG.  Don’t give dates if you’re not sure about them.  That’s all I’m saying.  You lead on your customers and it’s not a good way to do business.  That said, I am waiting as everyone else is and will be happy to get them.

• Ditto for me; I knew there’d be delays, but I’m happy to be able to contribute my pre-order money to help move things along.  Shame about the Chinese factory being so unreliable… I hope there are alternatives that will allow you to leverage either better prices or better performance in the future…

• I for one can’t wait to get the pieces.  I also understand the delays, and would rather have the transparency of the process and communicated delays then being in the dark.  They will be here soon, I’m sure!!!

• '10

@dadler12:

I support FMG and am happy about the project, what I’m upset about is that this is at least the 3rd date given by FMG.  Don’t give dates if you’re not sure about them.  That’s all I’m saying.  You lead on your customers and it’s not a good way to do business.  That said, I am waiting as everyone else is and will be happy to get them.

I thank you all again for your support.  I apologize if I got over-heated… but I am just as disappointed, if not more so with the delays.  I only gave dates that were given to me.  Only because I myself became very excited at the time.  I felt that I should give those of you who have supported this project from the beginning (with your ideas, pre-orders etc) the same information I had.

I will stop giving dates at this point, as I know it only leads to disappointment.

Thanks again all,

Jeremy

• anything you do will not disappoint me.

• Customizer

Well, if we still have to wait for our Italian pieces, is there any news on the progress of the Germany pieces?  Have they made the mould yet?

How about the USA pieces?  Can we see any sculpts for them?

• '10

@knp7765:

Well, if we still have to wait for our Italian pieces, is there any news on the progress of the Germany pieces?  Have they made the mould yet?

How about the USA pieces?  Can we see any sculpts for them?

The German mould is going into production.  They will actually be close behind the Italian release.  USA sculpts I am told are still being worked on.

• Hang in there Jeremy your close if there done right they will be worth it. It takes guts to take on any project like this. Especially since you are at the mercy of a factory. I have learned at my job that if you can’t do everything yourself you never know what you are going to get. Me personally I like the idea of giving the community dates. If it doesn’t pan out just let me know why. I understand and appreciate the task you are undertaking. I am disappointed they didn’t make the 8th but I am glad you are keeping us abreast of the situation. I agree with you I think once this thing gets going it will move a lot faster. Behind you 100%
    Dave

• Should have made them in the United States.

• '10

@Shakespeare:

Should have made them in the United States.

Not sure anyone would want to pay $69.99 per set rather than $29.99.  Thats just the reality.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Shakespeare:

Not sure anyone would want to pay $69.99 per set rather than $29.99.  Thats just the reality.

Ah, there’s a big sticking point.  I hear so many people talking about “Buy American”  “Save American Jobs” and saying that you don’t love your country if you buy foreign manufactured stuff.  Yet the majority of those same people balk at the price they have to pay.  It’s a simple fact of life that you can make stuff so much cheaper in places like China and Mexico.  Unfortunately, it’s usually so much cheaper that you are willing to put up with the delays and unreliability of the manufacturer to get your stuff at such a reduced cost.

Just curious Jeremy, did you actually get some price quotes from US factories?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@knp7765:

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Shakespeare:

I am sure Jeremey checked, and you can be assured that a mold will cost you 8-10 times the price quoted in China. I have checked also.

Ah, there’s a big sticking point.  I hear so many people talking about “Buy American”  “Save American Jobs” and saying that you don’t love your country if you buy foreign manufactured stuff.  Yet the majority of those same people balk at the price they have to pay.  It’s a simple fact of life that you can make stuff so much cheaper in places like China and Mexico.  Unfortunately, it’s usually so much cheaper that you are willing to put up with the delays and unreliability of the manufacturer to get your stuff at such a reduced cost.

Just curious Jeremy, did you actually get some price quotes from US factories?

• '10

Yes, one of the biggest costs is the injection mould.  With a project like this were you are doing 10+ moulds…  The Domestic cost was twice that of Asian Company.  If you notice, WOTC also uses an overseas company to make their small parts.

Also, we found our sculptor in Eastern Europe which was a fraction of the cost of any quote we got in both US and Canada.

As this project was on a tight budget, and funded partialy by pre-orders…  we just could not afford to do it any other way.

• Just curious, but is the sculptor connected in any way to Eduard or Mini-Art?  Those are two great Eastern European model companies.

• '10

@dadler12:

Just curious, but is the sculptor connected in any way to Eduard or Mini-Art?  Those are two great Eastern European model companies.

No, this is a private individual.

• '12

I am patiently waiting.  Hey, first off - you guys took a HUGE risk and did something i doubt many of us would have had the patience or time to accomplish.  Finding, contacting, negotiating with, paying, etc the factory and sculptors to put all this together is no small task - in fact I doubt seriously if 2% of the A&A universe could line all that up.  Secondly, any serious A&A player has been waiting YEARS for this kind of thing, so a few months knowing it’s coming is freaking SWEET.  Besides, this allows us all time to save up to buy more orders :-D.

Keep up the good work, Jeremy!!

• '12

hey jeremy have you contacted the factory? Did they give you an explanation for the delay? I personally Ill buy the product regardless how long it takes

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@Shakespeare:

Not sure anyone would want to pay $69.99 per set rather than $29.99.  Thats just the reality.

Well, on the one hand, people do pay outrageous amounts for something called, ‘1st Class’, because time is so important.  $70 for quickly delivered and quality goods could be worth it…
     On the other hand, whose to say that the factory in the US or Canada or wherever is guaranteed to not have the same delays or problems that this one has had.  And how many seats are ‘1st Class’ on flights anyhow?  Is it the vast majority?  Uhhh, no.
     While waiting isn’t always fun, I believe that FMG will continue to bring a quality product to market that will be worth this wait and these problems will likely be corrected for future releases.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Yes, one of the biggest costs is the injection mould.  With a project like this were you are doing 10+ moulds…  The Domestic cost was twice that of Asian Company.  If you notice, WOTC also uses an overseas company to make their small parts.

Also, we found our sculptor in Eastern Europe which was a fraction of the cost of any quote we got in both US and Canada.

As this project was on a tight budget, and funded partialy by pre-orders…  we just could not afford to do it any other way.

Hi Jeremy, the Italian units did arrive to you?
    Thank you for your efforts! Don’t give up!

@ to others:

i won’t criticise anyone, if someone wanted a ready soup could wait more time.

• Customizer

What is a “ready soup”?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m