Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @knp7765:

What is a “ready soup”?

I mean a cooked soup, it’s a way of saying in Italian about someone who wants done things without working on.

• '10

Ok, here is the story and the latest News.

The factory did not miss the deadline set.  During production it was found that the Mould had a defect!!  So it is being sent back to the Foundry to be repaired and fixed.  This will not be complete at back to the factory until Late April.  Production will then take 2-3 weeks once the Mould returns.

If there is any thing good to come of this, The Germans should be ready at about the same time as the Italians.

It is most likely the last delay… as we were SO CLOSE!!!

• … :| oh well…we can wait…right?

• So we’re now looking at late May or July for Italy and Germany?  Any word on USA units?

• '10

They are still working on USA.  UK units are being sculpted Next.

To be honest, we have to release Italy and Germany before we can move forward.  We are running out of money!

I’m confidant the sales from Italy / Germany and the New Combat Dice will fund the remainder of the project.

• Wow that hurts. If we get Germany and Italy at the same time. That is not so bad.

• Customizer

Germany and Italy - excellent! Excited to paint such fine sculpts.  :evil:

• Just curious FMG have you decided on what types of units you will use for USA and UK and if so more detail would be greatly appreciated. I wil be honest I look forward to these pieces more than I did any of Larry’s battle games(d-day,etc.) Thanks for the info and keeping us in the loop.

Dave

• @GoSanchez6:

Just curious FMG have you decided on what types of units you will use for USA and UK and if so more detail would be greatly appreciated. I wil be honest I look forward to these pieces more than I did any of Larry’s battle games(d-day,etc.) Thanks for the info and keeping us in the loop.

Dave

Agreed.  Also my previous angry-about-delay post aside, I would be willing to do a pre-order for Germany in order to speed the process up for USA units if cash flow is a problem.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

If there is any thing good to come of this, The Germans should be ready at about the same time as the Italians.

If this is the case, how are you going to handle orders for the German units?  You said before that you wouldn’t take orders for Germany until the Italians were shipping but if they are going to be done at the same time……

• @knp7765:

@FieldMarshalGames:

If this is the case, how are you going to handle orders for the German units?  You said before that you wouldn’t take orders for Germany until the Italians were shipping but if they are going to be done at the same time……

I would assume if they’re ready at about the same time there simply won’t be a PRE order for Germany.  Just a “Hey, they’re in stock, here’s the order button”.

• '10

Correct.  Once I have confirmation that the Germans are in actual production, with no defects…  I will post a link to add Germany to your order on this form.  With no shipping charge.

Thanks

• Will the new combat dice be complete at the same time?

• '10

@dadler12:

Will the new combat dice be complete at the same time?

No, they will be done before.  They are in production right now and scheduled for delivery by the end of the month!  I decided to send them ahead of the Units due to the additional delay.

There will be a NEW COMBAT DICE release, called COMBAT DICE 1940 Edition that will include France and ANZAC, and be packaged in a new AMMO POUCH dice bag.  Very cool!

• I will take it from your response you have already chosen which type of units for the USA you are using. Just wondering if you could let us know what you went with. Thanks for the info.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

@dadler12:

Will the new combat dice be complete at the same time?

No, they will be done before.  They are in production right now and scheduled for delivery by the end of the month!  I decided to send them ahead of the Units due to the additional delay.

There will be a NEW COMBAT DICE release, called COMBAT DICE 1940 Edition that will include France and ANZAC, and be packaged in a new AMMO POUCH dice bag.  Very cool!

So I’m going to get my France and ANZAC combat dice and not have to wait for the Italian units?  VERY COOL!!  I’ve been as anxious to get them as I have the Italian units.  This will help sooth the pain of waiting for Italy.  THANK YOU!

• Customizer

Hey Jeremy, if the German mould is going into production, I assume that means the small problems you had with some units are fixed?  In the pics of the production samples, some pieces were put in the background and you said it was because they needed some changes.
    You wanted the King Tiger to be bigger.
    The Stuka needed landing gear struts.
    It looked like you had the bomber and artillery pieces in the background but I don’t remember hearing what was considered “wrong” with them.

• bomer probly dident SIZEup right and the artil probly bad a defect

• @GoSanchez6:

I will take it from your response you have already chosen which type of units for the USA you are using. Just wondering if you could let us know what you went with. Thanks for the info.

Seconded!

• '10

I will share as soon as I have some completed sculpts.

Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m