• @kaufschtick:

1.) For the second ANZAC N.O.; just for clarification, do ANZAC forces have to occuppy the originally owned Japanese island or territory", or do they “get paid” if any Allied force fullfils this N.O., as was the case with the British N.O. from AA50?

@Krieghund:

It must be ANZAC forces.  However, ANZAC doesn’t have to capture the territory - it just has to occupy it.  This means that it can either capture the territory itself or move units into a Japanese territory that’s already been captured by either the UK or the US.

@kaufschtick:

2.) This also says (one time), so 5IPCs, one turn, and that’s it, right?

@Krieghund:

Right.

OK, part two of this question. Can the ANZAC unit that occupies an original Japanese territory be an air unit?

Or does it have to be a land unit?

BTW, the rulebook needs a serious overhaul.  :-D

• Official Q&A

@kaufschtick:

OK, part two of this question. Can the ANZAC unit that occupies an original Japanese territory be an air unit?

Or does it have to be a land unit?

The rule doesn’t specify, so it can be either one.

@kaufschtick:

What do you think we’ve been doing for the last few weeks?

• @kaufschtick:

I see you have a blue lightsaber. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the answer.

So the flyboys can get in on the ANZAC “photo op” national objective, good for them.

• Official Q&A

This party is over!

• So to be clear.  The US takes the carolines, ANZAC lands a plane there, and they get 5 IPCS?

• @MaherC:

So to be clear.  The US takes the carolines, ANZAC lands a plane there, and they get 5 IPCS?

Yeah, unless it becomes errata, but otherwise like Krieg said, the rules don’t specify whether plane, or land unit.

• I declare BS on this.  Yes, I know there is precedent from 50 regarding USSR NO’s and allied units being in Soviet spaces…but I still say BLAH to planes on the carolines getting 5IPCs for ANZAC.

• @MaherC:

I declare BS on this.  Yes, I know there is precedent from 50 regarding USSR NO’s and allied units being in Soviet spaces…but I still say BLAH to planes on the carolines getting 5IPCs for ANZAC.

Why? I know nothing of 50 except for reading through the rules, but why shouldn’t planes count for that. Planes are still units right? If you get technical there are pilots in the planes after all. I don’t imagine that once the pilots land, they stay in the planes anticipating an attack. Therefore they get out of their plane and feet physically touch the ground. RADAR picks up enemies, or some other means of the enemy being spotted, and they get back in their planes. That’s just my 2 cents on why it makes sense to me.

• @Krieghund:

@kaufschtick:

Maybe somebody should have spent that two weeks on the rulebook before the game was released.

• '10

NO’s aren’t meant to make sense.  I was playing Anniversary the other day and the US took Iwo Jima on me and held it a few rounds.  Damn UK got a five ipc bonus each round USA held that….ugh.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@Brain:

@Krieghund:

@kaufschtick:

Maybe somebody should have spent that two weeks on the rulebook before the game was released.

I would have to agree with MahrC on this.

Airplanes can’t land in a newly conquered territory so why would they be able to acquire the bonus for this.  Yes it is supposedly friendly.

The rule they can not land in a newly conquered territory I think is there to represent that there is a lot more than just the planes on the ground to make them combat effective.  You have all the maintenance crew the bomb loaders, etc to make them combat effective.  So a plane can land but unless the remaining support group is there it does no good.  Boost in moral is what I think the bonus is for.

Just my opinion.

Sean

• I would hope the true intent of this one time IPC bonus was for a propaganda like boost.  That’s why I say for this to work, Anzac inf has to take say the marshall islands, change the ownership of something japanese to anzac.  Giving the people back home something good to read about in the paper.

AUSTRALIAN INFANTRY DIVISION TAKES PALAU ISLANDS!!!

not

WE LANDED SOME PLANES IN BRITISH OCCUPIED SIAM!

• How About:

521th Bomber Squadron (AUS) moved forward to Bankok - Now We are bombing them to the Ground!

• @Richter:

How About:

521th Bomber Squadron (AUS) moved forward to Bankok - Now We are bombing them to the Ground!

In the meantime, buy a fresh crater before they’re all sold out. No two are the same, and they make quite cozy holes in the ground. Lol

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m