Defeating ANZAC with 1 bomber and 3 subs

• With the setup in the FAQ this is possible in theory, one sub to each convoy and bomber for the minor IC.

I was going to attempt it in my last game but a preemptive UK attack distracted me and I had to change my strategy.

Essentialy one must capture the solomon islands for a base for the bomber aswell as destory the ANZAC navy so three subs that one has previously positioned in the caralinas can move in to occupy all the convoy zones.

Once this is done, ANZAC should be out of the game unless the US can rescue them.

Has anyone succesfully done this?

• A bomber will not be able to perform operations from the solomons, not enough spaces even with an airbase stationed there.

• and Anzac has some fighters right? If so, you will need fighters to defend the bomber

• @RogertheShrubber:

A bomber will not be able to perform operations from the solomons, not enough spaces even with an airbase stationed there.

How do you figure that?

I reread the rules on air movement and recounted and I am still coming up with 7.

• @Omega:

and Anzac has some fighters right? If so, you will need fighters to defend the bomber

yah, and it would be easy enough to bring in some infantry and perhaps an AA gun as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m