• @Cromwell_Dude:

I’m curious how people prefer to play Axis and Allies. Two players? Or, more than two players? What do enjoy about that preference?...If you were looking for a strategy post, sorry, hasn’t every thing already been covered?..I prefer one on one play, but I’m sure group play would add another twist with human fallibility and excessive ego, also included with the friendship and conversation.

When playing online almost only 1v1, mainly because of time issues and to make it more competitive.

When playing F2F, either 4, 3 or 2 (depends on the number of friends who can play it). I prefer playing F2F but it simply isn’t easy here where I live to find other players than my best friends.

• I prefer playing face to face multiplayer games.
    It is just more fun to play with real people, and preferably in teams, where you can discuss strategy etc…

When playing online I also like to play multiplayer games, especially when playing with good players (there I really feel I learn something).

However, it is often more difficult to set up a multiplayer game on GTO (where I play online), so it often ends up being just a quick 1v1 game.

• I usually try to get a group of 5, but usually we are just 4 people, works very good to, then Russia and GB play the US together.
    With one on one I just think there’s a great part of the game missing (the discussions, deliberations and so on), but on the other hand it’s faster and you can realy concentrate on your own strategy

• its fun to mix it up, sometimes one on one, but if you can get a regular group, it the the best.  my brothers and i play regularly

@Cromwell_Dude:

I’m curious how people prefer to play Axis and Allies. Two players? Or, more than two players? What do enjoy about that preference?...If you were looking for a strategy post, sorry, hasn’t every thing already been covered?..I prefer one on one play, but I’m sure group play would add another twist with human fallibility and excessive ego, also included with the friendship and conversation.

• Have a friend where he was good to play with until 8-9pm where all the beer/drinks he had finally caught up with him….after that, he assumed whomever he was playing was invincible and would kamikaze his forces…I typically like having a full five for conversation purposes.  If we have four, we go against the rules and make the UK/Russia on one side…I think 1-1 actually leads to more mistakes, but it is nice not having to deal with egos (although I think mine was usually the biggest  8-)

• Only ever play 1 against 1 now. 1st played as a group when at University. Miss that, but I work evenings and so can only dream of a return to that. Am hoping to have some 1941 group games though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m