• Guns of navarone or something like that was an ok movie also

• Band of Brothers is #1 WWII Film, series, TV show, whatever.

Saving Private Ryan is good as well.

The Big Red One, Patton, Das Boot, U-571, The Great Escape, The Dirty Dozen are all good as well.

The Black Sheep Squadron was good TV series as well.

As for WWII Era films with no historical value what so ever but great entertainment…

Victory (Sylvestor Stallone, Pele Soccer movie)
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

• Too any to list. My favs (in no particular order) Stalingrad, Inglorious Basterds (for the sheer fun of the movie), Private Ryan, The Enemy Below, Big Red One, Mr. Roberts, Bridge on the Rver Kwai, Enemy At the Gates, Das Boot, Sahara (the Bogey one not the new non WWII flick), Band of Brothers.

Combat is a good T.V. show from the 60’s, and it’s availible for cheap. And fun to watch Vic Morrow take the same french town in almost every episode.

• Vic Morrow is the best. Yes they frequently film by Franklin Canyon of which i know very well. That lake is in alot of episodes, but today to make a show like that would be impossible based on the expense.

• A Bridge too far and Enemy at the Gates. ( I don’t know i really liked a enemy at he gates but i’m the 1st one to even bring it up) I thought saving private ryan was good but it’s not the greatest movie ever. it was just a good movie.

• @cyan:

A Bridge too far and Enemy at the Gates. ( I don’t know i really liked a enemy at he gates but i’m the 1st one to even bring it up) I thought saving private ryan was good but it’s not the greatest movie ever. it was just a good movie.

Enemy at the Gates is a great movie. The beginning sequences when Vasily first arrives at Stalingrad is brutal and I think pretty realistic. I like that replacement General that comes in to take over.

I mentioned this one on my list a couple of pages back. One of my favorites.

• Don’t forget to catch The Pacific next month.

• @Panzer:

@cyan:

A Bridge too far and Enemy at the Gates. ( I don’t know i really liked a enemy at he gates but i’m the 1st one to even bring it up) I thought saving private ryan was good but it’s not the greatest movie ever. it was just a good movie.

Enemy at the Gates is a great movie. The beginning sequences when Vasily first arrives at Stalingrad is brutal and I think pretty realistic. I like that replacement General that comes in to take over.

Nikita Chrustchov…the Hero of Stalingrad
    :|

• @aequitas:

@Panzer:

@cyan:

Nikita Chrustchov…the Hero of Stalingrad
    :|

Nikita! I could not remember his name. He keeps telling everyone to “Stop sh***ing their pants”. Classic.

I have seen this movie half a dozen times and it still is as good as the first time.

• '10

My favorite–They Were Expendable with Robert Montgomery and John Wayne. Has been since I was a kid and when I was a kid the Dead Sea was only sick.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Fishmoto37:

My favorite–They Were Expendable with Robert Montgomery and John Wayne. Has been since I was a kid and when I was a kid the Dead Sea was only sick.

Great Movie!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m