• @Cmdr:

and, for the record, my copy crashes around the second country’s turn in any game except classic…which really totally sucks

Do you use the latest stable version? If you got some error messages or more details you could post them on the TripleA dev forum, and maybe the devs can figure out what’s wrong.

I also had some problems with TripleA from time to time, but for my part it is/was probably a java error or a problem with my HDD on my PC.

• '16 '15 '10

@Cmdr:

and, for the record, my copy crashes around the second country’s turn in any game except classic…which really totally sucks

Never heard of this problem.  Google ‘TripleA Sourceforge’ and download the latest stable version.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Subotai:

@Cmdr:

Do you use the latest stable version? If you got some error messages or more details you could post them on the TripleA dev forum, and maybe the devs can figure out what’s wrong.

I also had some problems with TripleA from time to time, but for my part it is/was probably a java error or a problem with my HDD on my PC.

I honestly do not know.  I know I’ve had the software for about a year or more and its got all kinds of crazy games you had to download individualy….

Oh and when it locks up it does so during dice.  But only if I play the AI I think…I think, if I remember right, it works okay if I play all countries.

• '16 '15 '10

@Cmdr:

@Subotai:

@Cmdr:

I honestly do not know.  I know I’ve had the software for about a year or more and its got all kinds of crazy games you had to download individualy….

The new stable version features a download utility that comes with the base software.  Downloading games is a piece of cake.

Which is what leads me to believe that this unstable thing I have is the most recent version, because I can download all kinds of game “piece of cake” but when the AI tries to throw dice after 10-15 country turns, the game locks up.

• @Cmdr:

Which is what leads me to believe that this unstable thing I have is the most recent version, because I can download all kinds of game “piece of cake” but when the AI tries to throw dice after 10-15 country turns, the game locks up.

The latest stable version is 1.2.5.5 and if that’s the version you’re having problem with, the problem is probably/possibly on your part, but I doubt there are “techies” here who can help you, I advise you to post your TripleA problems on:

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/TripleA

• @Cmdr:

AI bugs… I almost never play against the AI but that happens often when I use the Moore Able AI.

@Hobbes:

@Cmdr:

AI bugs… I almost never play against the AI but that happens often when I use the Moore Able AI.

Yea, that’s generally the version of the AI I prefer…so it might just be an AI issue.

• again, I would check the version you have and post any bugs you can report.  not knowing about them won’t get them fixed.

• '10

playing against the AI is like kissing ur sister!

there r no major bugs, i play at least one multi(live vs other people in the lobby) everyday.  :-)

@SilverBullet:

there r no major bugs, i play at least one multi(live vs other people in the lobby) everyday.  :-)

I play the AI because playing myself always ends up with me losing…

• @Cmdr:

@SilverBullet:

Or you could say that the glass is half-full: you always end up winning ;)

• '10

u can find different levels of players at tripleA, from almost as dumb as the ai or as smart as chess-masters.

and, win or lose, its always more fun when someone else shares it with u.    ;)

• :-D

@Hobbes:

@Cmdr:

@SilverBullet:

Or you could say that the glass is half-full: you always end up winning ;)

The glass is half full if, and only if, you are filling the glass.  If you are emptying the glass, then the glass is half empty.

• Because the glass would be filling with Air while you are emptying it of liquid… then the glass can always be considered to be full!  It’s all about perspective.  :wink:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’m going to fill my glasses with air at the bar tonight LOL…

• See!  Now that’s looking on the bright side!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m