• I was at my Yahoo email account and I wanted to check to see how the caspian sub group was doing as they have had a lot of information about diffrent things and to my suprise they were no where to be found.

Is my computer acting buggy or did the A&A world lose a big resource?

LT

• Revised is dead. Anything associated with that will die as well.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yes.

I received official word from the guy running it that he was shutting down the site and drying up his strategies.

As for Revised being dead, I don’t think so.  Classic is still limping around and I’m sure Revised will as well….

• Revised is dead?!!?  Do you mean folks don’t want to play Revised anymore because AA50 is the game to play?  I personally haven’t seen that AA50 is worth the investment yet.  All I’m going to get is some cruisers for UK, Russia and Germany and some Italian pieces that are remolds.  I can’t afford that for the price.

• Revised is dead meaning it will fall in the position that MB AA had once Revised came out. Its not like IT WILL NEVER BE PLAYED, but far less frequently and the volume of posts indicate this as well. The section for AA50 has only been around for like 3 months and its already got a third the total post/thread output as the revised has and AAR has been out since 2004. In a year it will easily overcome Revised as the largest section. At LHD and AH.com all the posts are also nearly always AA50.

• Jen, why did he decide to “dry up his strategies?”

He muttered something about not wanting to get heavy into Anniversary and people no longer discussing his ideas about revised etc etc etc.  I have his email around I think…might have deleted it, whatever.

Real reason?  I think he’s too busy to adapt his site to the new game.  It’s been forever since he produced a “paper” and the ones he did have were ripped to shreds after years of game play allowing everyone and their second cousin (yea the one who had sex with his sister, that cousin) could beat them.  Not his fault, when they were posted they were new, now they are old hat.  It’s like coming up with this really killer idea called the Infantry Push Mechanic for German infantry or thinking, hey, why buy 8 infantry with Russia when I can get some tanks and beat the Gerries back into E. Europe for a bit?  etc.

• Thats probably the real reason, namely they were mostly refuted ideas such as that German fleet unification idea and others. Fun for crazy games but just one of thousands of ideas out for revised. Now that Revised is in decline their is no need to worry about it.

You gotta admit that Canadian Shield was fun though.  It’s like getting a Fools Mate off in a Chess Tournament…don’t expect to succeed, but it’s a beautiful thing when it does!

• Well that stinks.

I liked C-Subs papers. While yes they have become dated they are good food for thought for a newer player and it is important to have a variety of tools in the old bag of tricks for when certain situations present themselves. I was looking forward to some of their ideas about AA50. Oh well.

RIP C-Sub.

• @a44bigdog:

Well that stinks.

I liked C-Subs papers. While yes they have become dated they are good food for thought for a newer player and it is important to have a variety of tools in the old bag of tricks for when certain situations present themselves. I was looking forward to some of their ideas about AA50. Oh well.

RIP C-Sub.

Agreed. Rip  :cry:

• @Imperious:

Revised is dead. Anything associated with that will die as well.

In case you didn’t know, Anniversary ed come in a very limited print. Its like if you live in Europe and dont have it by now, you’ll never get it. Then as the years pass, anything associated and bla bla bla …and dont pretend like you dont know.

@Adlertag:

@Imperious:

Revised is dead. Anything associated with that will die as well.

In case you didn’t know, Anniversary ed come in a very limited print. Its like if you live in Europe and dont have it by now, you’ll never get it. Then as the years pass, anything associated and bla bla bla …and dont pretend like you dont know.

I’m sure it will be re-released once the manufacturer realizes that there are electronic methods of playing the game.  It was probably a limited edition because they knew, come to think of it, why retool and keep a factory set up to produce parts to a game forever where the group who plays it will buy their copy or copies and play online forever.

Dunno, maybe I’m the only person in the world who buys the Axis and Allies games, leaves them in their shrink wrap, and plays electronically?  I just own a copy so I can say I have the right to play it. heh

• @Cmdr:

It was probably a limited edition because they knew, come to think of it, why retool and keep a factory set up to produce parts to a game forever where the group who plays it will buy their copy or copies and play online forever.

This prove WOTC dont understand the motivation of people that buy games with plastic miniatures.

• @Cmdr:

Dunno, maybe I’m the only person in the world who buys the Axis and Allies games, leaves them in their shrink wrap, and plays electronically?  I just own a copy so I can say I have the right to play it. heh

The game is more fun playing face to face.  The social aspect is a large part of the experience.

The taunting, the shouting at the dice, the precious looks on your opponents face when you shoot down 3 of 4 bombers when they should easily take your capital but now can’t….

I have to agree with Imperious Leader… play the game in person (if you can).  That’s how it was meant to be played.

Someone check the space time continuum because I think there’s a major tear or soon to be a major tear in it.  Why?  Because Axis and I are agreeing on something.

Face to face play trumps internet play in fulfilling-ness of playing the game.  But I think what I said is still true about WOTC, they’re looking at the bottom line, not on an expanding player base.  Most companies, IMHO, feel that the computer is where games are played, not on cardboard mats with cute little miniatures for avatars.

That said, when you have two small children at home, playing on a board is akin to over throwing the US Government with a stick of chewing gum, a pink eraser and a cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper - if you are MacGuyver then great, otherwise, just give it up!

• @Cmdr:

That said, when you have two small children at home, playing on a board is akin to over throwing the US Government with a stick of chewing gum, a pink eraser and a cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper - if you are MacGuyver then great, otherwise, just give it up!

Dibs on MacGuyver!

He’s playing Germany/Italy, I get Japan…
    What allies would dare oppose us?

I think MacGuyver would play America and China honestly.  Considering he was a U.S. Gov’t employee in the series. (Worked for the Pheonix Foundation, but that was a government agency created with Pete as the leader after Pete left the spy agency he was working for at the very earliest episodes.)

• Wouldn’t MacGuyver just make some kind of weapon out of the game components? Or perhaps burn the plastic soldiers in order to create toxic fumes that would render the other players unconscious… or, using chewing gum and foil, create unique pieces with extra abilities to give him the edge…

You could simulate having Macguyver in the game by just adding a tech to your nation automatically :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m