• We’ve been playing with our house rules and they seem to be working OK. We’ve added some more stuff to it as well. Some I’ve taken from other posts here and tweaked. Some from our Double Blind game. Let me know what you think. TheBunkerRules.pdf

• why get the germans so weak power compared to other countries the VOLKSSTRUM can only be build in 4 places
    and for 1 ipc extra you got inf and russia gets for free a plan b plan for moving a lot of troops to the border germany had a lot op power like early war logistics make them let retreat as defenders or buff the inf they got better inf then every other country there is a lor

• We’re trying to come up with something better for Germany. Something that’s not going to break the game. Has to have some sort of disadvantage as well.

• '22 '20

I am not sure if these will help but this is what my group uses for german rollable specials:

Germany National Advantages

1. U-Boat Cost Reduction
      The Untersee boats swarmed Allied shipping lanes and while being mass produced their ultimate construction cost
      plummeted. Germany May Produce U-Boats at the cost of 6 IPCs. All Submarines are 2 IPC’s cheaper.
    2. European Industry
      Germany’s war required more and more supplies and more workers, where the German army went industry would shortly
      fallow. At the beginning of the game during the set-up phase Germany may place one free factory on any European grey
      territory.
    3. Panzerblitz
      The colossal Panzers rumbled across Europe and North Africa. They would breach enemy lines, then turn and wreak
      havoc on the defenders. If your attacking forces destroy all defending units in a territory in one cycle of combat, any of
      your surviving tanks in the attacking forces may move 1 territory during the noncombat move phase.
    4. Wolf Packs
      Wolf packs of U-boats prowled the Atlantic, working together to down Allied convoys. The only sure thing about a U-boat
      was that there always was another nearby. If at least two of your submarines make a combat move into a single sea zone,
      they attack on a 3 (4 if you have the Super Submarines development). They may come from different sea zones, but they
      must attack the same sea zone.
    5. Merchant Raiders
      During the early years of the Second World War Germany developed Auxiliary Cruisers to greatly weaken enemy
      merchant shipping. Cruisers were disguised as merchant marines and set loose on the worlds shipping. May at random
      secretly designate 3 transports as merchant raiders. These auxiliary cruisers appear to be transports but are actually
      cruisers which attack and defend with a 3. These units may not carry more than one land unit; in addition, they are
      suggested to be marked with silver or gold under their base in order to identify themselves and conceal them to the enemy.
    6. SÜD AMERIKA ODER SCHWEDEN
      Germany’s influence around the world almost coerced other Nations into the Axis. Sweden and Argentina were on the
      edge of becoming additional major axis powers, it would not have taken much to make the full push. The German player
      may choose which nation to receive a free roll for; Argentina or Sweden. The only stipulations are they may not join until
      the 3rd round and the axis are limited to either this special or fascist Spain.
    7. U-Boat Aces
      The captains and crews of Germany’s submarine fleet were the most experienced in the world. Shortly in to the war small
      flotillas of U-boats were turning the merchant fleets of the Atlantic into submerged steel coffins and the Atlantic was their
      graveyard. May designate one submarine to become an ace unit. One Per round only, and following round 1 that sub must
      have been involved in some sort of fleet action or convoy raid in order to be qualified for a promotion.
    8. Afrika Korps
      Rommel’s War in north Africa has enlisted the help of native colonials and collaborators. Many non-Europeans see this
      as their chance for independence from colonial oppression and a chance for revenge against their enemies. 1 free
      infantry per round in an African or Middle-Eastern axis controlled territory.
    9. Kriegsmarine Vessels
      Germany was a nation who was proud of their Naval Capability’s, some old and some new. Enables Germany to build
      Pocket Battleships as well as XXI Submarines. This Special also allows Germany to produce Sub Pens without the
      necessary Technology.
    10. Volksstrum
      The Peoples Storm! With a Nations resources spread thin and the uncertainty of a final victory, Hitler ordered his people
      to unify and militarize in the case of an allied invasion. Children and Elderly, Boy, Girl, Man, and Woman were handed
      weapons and prepared for the end. Enables the building of Volksstrum units within Berlin, Western, Eastern Germany,
      Bavaria, Austria, Czechoslovakia, and Eastern Prussia. Also allows for the recruitment of Hitler Youth units.
    11. Atlantic Wall
      The Germans saw the beaches as the main defensive area, and had the costal fortifications strengthened and the artillery
      positioned accordingly. This was the German defensive “Atlantic Wall”. All of your defending artillery hit on a 3 or less
      in any amphibious assault against any of the following territories: Western Germany, Eastern Germany, Denmark,
      Holland, All of Norway and Continental European France.
    12. Technology breakthrough
      Scientist have been working diligently to create new weapons for the fatherland. Roll once to see what the German war
      machine gains from the Weapons development list. May gain only one Technology.

• @sweetchops27 I love the U-Boat Aces. I think I want to expand on that a bit. Hmmm.

• @sweetchops27 I’m going to write it up on our sheet like this.

U-BOAT ACES - The captains and crews of Germany’s submarine fleet were the most experienced in the world. Shortly into the war small flotillas of U-boats were turning the merchant fleets of the Atlantic into submerged steel coffins and the Atlantic was their graveyard.

1. If a German submarine survives a combat or conducts a SUCCESSFUL convoy, it is then designated a U-Boat Ace. (One submarine per turn may be “promoted”)
    2. Those submarines then hit on a 3 on their first round of combat. This may be improved with “Super Subs”

• @sweetchops27 can you name all of your rules for the other country to?

• @doomer1940 @sweetchops27 Yes. I like these. Would love to see the others.

• '22 '20

Our rule book is a living rule book. Our group changes wording or corrects mistakes at least twice a year. Also it borrows heavily from other gamers on these forums as well as HBG. Currently these are used for our custom map of global 1940 and our custom global 1941:

Specials of Neutral Powers (12).pdf
    Specials of Minor Powers (12).pdf
    Specials of Major Powers (12).pdf
    Specials 1940 Rules.pdf

• @sweetchops27 said in The Bunker Rules:

Our rule book is a living rule book. Our group changes wording or corrects mistakes at least twice a year. Also it borrows heavily from other gamers on these forums as well as HBG. Currently these are used for our custom map of global 1940 and our custom global 1941:

Specials 1940 Rules.pdf

So how do u require theses in game? We have basically same thing but only 6 per country and roll for 2 to use for whole game.
    This is what we use for now in a game starting turn 2.

0956EC0A-8188-48A0-A004-FA440FBF007F.jpeg

Just click on pic to blow up

• '22 '20

In our game we roll a d-12 to decide how many specials will be used for the game and then independently roll each nation to see which they receive. Getting all 12 is just too much so lately we have been generically giving ourselves 6 per nation out from the 12 available. Much smoother for game play. with the neutral nations we only roll them if they come into play.

• @GEN-MANSTEIN said in The Bunker Rules:

@sweetchops27 said in The Bunker Rules:

Specials 1940 Rules.pdf

So how do u require theses in game? We have basically same thing but only 6 per country and roll for 2 to use for whole game.
    This is what we use for now in a game starting turn 2.

0956EC0A-8188-48A0-A004-FA440FBF007F.jpeg

nice looking board. im not there yet but slowly getting their lol

• e5a47384-d013-45d2-a9e3-b5f883b2111c-image.png https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/assets/uploads/files/1566486646100-9040a8d8-2153-4376-af47-43bae89823ef-image.png

Event cards. Draw 1 per turn Do have FEC Anzac cards too
    This is a nice issue good or bad in game

• @GEN-MANSTEIN we have event cards, about 25 per nation. pick 3 initially then can burn one per turn and replace it if you dont like it. Mine dont look as colorful though.

• '22 '20

IMG_20190518_082451.jpg IMG_20190628_220118.jpgIMG_20190131_122237.jpg IMG_20190518_082613.jpg IMG_20190518_082541.jpg

• Ha Ha Ha puts mine to shame ! Super sweet ! 5X12 feet ?

• '22 '20

I made the table to fit the map. Map is 4 foot by 9 foot. Table is close to 4.5 x 10 foot. I still have more i want to do to the thing.

a video i made of one of our games last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx2u1ipCCl0

• '22 '20

@DocFav said in The Bunker Rules:

We’ve been playing with our house rules and they seem to be working OK. We’ve added some more stuff to it as well. Some I’ve taken from other posts here and tweaked. Some from our Double Blind game. Let me know what you think. TheBunkerRules.pdf

Honestly, I really like the great barrier reef for Australia. My ANZAC specials have always felt dry to me. Should make things interesting for an ambitious Japanese player!

• You guys can’t be showing of tables like that. My heart is sinking that I don’t have the room for one!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m