• '16 '15 '10

Let’s say there is a sub and a transport in a zone where I want to make an amphib landing.  Can I attack the sz with airpower (to kill the transport) and also land my amphib (ignoring the sub)?

• nope, you go for both or for none (of course, if you attack the sea zone without DD, you might get only one if the sub dives :) )

• '12

@Yoshi:

nope, you go for both or for none (of course, if you attack the sea zone without DD, you might get only one if the sub dives :) )

not sure what you mean Yoshi - a plane cannot hit a sub unless a destroyer is present?

• just the obvious “a sub can dive if no dd there” (but might not if the attack is made only by air and trannies)

• You can wait for Krieghund since it’s me you’re playing, by all means, Zhukov.

Yoshi, the plane would kill the transport, but without an attacking destroyer, the sub wouldn’t dive, it would sink the attacking transport in the first round.  Oh - I see that’s what you just posted.  Yes, the defender would not submerge the sub but would sink the attacking transport because the sub is invincible.  But it can’t be ignored.

Zhukov does not want that to happen, so as you said, you cannot attack the one and ignore the other. � It’s all or none. � Which is what Zhukov needed to know - so that helped.

Krieghund? � Zhukov is playing me, so could you please confirm the answer to Zhuk’s question? � Thank you.
    Unless Yoshi and my answers are good enough for you?  It’s not like it’s significant in our game, especially because I’m generously letting you keep the cleared with no losses result without re-rolling.  If I was a jerk and a stickler, I could say your transport is sunk and it’s your problem for not knowing the rules properly.  :-D

It is a 12 IPC swing, after all!

• '16 '15 '10

Yeah if both Gamer and Yoshi agree I’ll take their word for it.  Sounds like Krieg has already ruled on this and explained his reasoning–I just can’t find it via search…

This particular rule seems illogical…but I’m sure there’s a rationale.  Once again I’ve been playing the wrong way all this time  :-P

I like the sub rules for Global better.

• This would be the same in global, except that you wouldn’t even have the option of ignoring both boats, you would need a warship  :-)

• I am sure this has been asked before, but unable to find it…

When an attacking forces wins a battle, can they retreat without taking the territory if no defending units are left?

And another aspect of it, what if the only defending unit left is an aa gun?

• Official Q&A

No.  You can’t retreat if there’s nothing to retreat from.

• @Ol’:

And another aspect of it, what if the only defending unit left is an aa gun?

AA guns are not considered defending units and so don’t count.

• @Krieghund:

No.  You can’t retreat if there’s nothing to retreat from.

Thank you sir

• Hey guys,

Same as last poster…im sure this has been asked but cant find it or haven’t looked enough  :-P.
    I am confused abound liberating a territory in the 1942 set up :?.
    Lets say the UK does an amphibious assault on german occupied baltic states or eastern poland, Does the IPC(s) go to the UK or Russia.?
    Thanks 4 the help  :-D

• @514bishy:

Hey guys,

Same as last poster…im sure this has been asked but cant find it or haven’t looked enough�  :-P.
    I am confused abound liberating a territory in the 1942 set up :?.
    Lets say the UK does an amphibious assault on german occupied baltic states or eastern poland, Does the IPC(s) go to the UK or Russia.?
    Thanks 4 the help�  :-D

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

Even though it’s the 1942 scenario and the Germans start with Baltic states and Eastern Poland, they are still considered original Russia territories.  If UK does an amphibious assault on Axis occupied Baltic States and wins, they have liberated it for RUSSIA.
    Also, for the UK NO purposes, any ORIGINAL Japanese territory that’s taken by the Allies will give this NO.
    For example, taking over Sumatra (er - East Indies on the actual game board) or Borneo does not count.  Although Japan starts the 1942 scenario controlling Sumatra, it is not an original Japanese territory.

Fortunately, you will always be accurate going by this rule:
    Always go by what is printed on the map and not by who controls what at the beginning of the 1942 scenario.
    Sumatra is British.
    Baltic States is Russian.

• Thanks Gamerman  :-D

So just so Im sure, if Japan were to find their way to Russian occupied baltic states, then Japan would get the IPC correct?

• @514bishy:

Thanks Gamerman :-D

So just so Im sure, if Japan were to find their way to Russian occupied baltic states, then Japan would get the IPC correct?

Assuming Japan is wresting it from an Ally of course, yes! Baltic States is a Russian territory no matter whether you are playing 1941 or 1942 scenario, and this is the same for all territories on the map. Go by what is printed (so basically 1941 scenario original ownership holds for 1942 as well)

Note also that Japan taking Baltic States would help Germany get her NO for the 3/5 Russian territories.

Any time - my pleasure

• I understand what you mean Gamerman. Its just that in previous 1942 games I have played those territories are German and thats what was confusing me but like you said, the map will tell all  :-D

Another quick question:
    Can you save some $ for your next turn?

Thx again

• @514bishy:

Another quick question:
    Can you save some $ for your next turn?

You can save it all if you want to.  You can save it the turn after that too.  Can make for interesting strategies.  One of the most under-used or under-rated strategies.

Keep those questions coming!

• So you’re telling me that if Britain has 27$ it can buy 8 men and save 3$? If thats the case then why the hell would anybody buy 9 men with only one idustrial and leave the last infantry for the next round? Is it because they didnt realize that Britain only has a value of 8? Usually with 27$ I would have bought a tank, artillery & 6 infantry to make 8 units but this news changes a lot!  :-o

Im happy to ask more questions. I have read the rule book and most of my questions would be answered in it but I have np double checking to be sure that I have the rules down pact. The question is do you want one at a time or all together?  :-P

Cant thank you enough  :-D

• If your opponents has like a 30% shot on your capital, but that you’re ready to take the risk, it can be better to buy one too much infantry that will be used the next round if the opponent does not take his chance or did not succeed. Why ? If he take the capital, he will not get the 3$ that you used (and that he would have if you saved it).

But usually, it’s more a mistake ;)

• @514bishy:

Im happy to ask more questions. I have read the rule book and most of my questions would be answered in it but I have np double checking to be sure that I have the rules down pact. The question is do you want one at a time or all together?  :-P

Cant thank you enough  :-D

Either way.  You’re welcome.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m