• '16 '15 '10

What are the rules re. new carriers and existing figs for AA50 and the new Spring 42?  For example, let’s say I’m UK and I use a fighter from UK in an attack on sz5.  Let’s say I’m buying an AC and placing it in SZ2.  Can I place this fighter (which returns to UK) on the new AC, or is that illegal since that would be 5 moves?

• '19

You can’t place existing ftrs on a new carrier.  So yes that would be illegal.

What you can do is fly a ftr during NCM to a sea zone next to a territory with an IC if you built a carrier.  The ftr in that case would not die at the end of NCM and then you can place the carrier in that sz and the ftr can land.

So if you wanted to attack sz 5 and be able to land the ftr on a newly purchased AC you would have to place the AC in sz 3, 6, or 7 and not sz 2.  If you want to land an existing ftr onto an AC that you will build in sz 2 it has to fly to sz 2 during NCM.

• You CAN place existing fighters on a new carrier.

You don’t fly it to Great Britain, and then out to sea (5 moves).

Like ksmckay said, you fly it to a sea zone in NCM where you build the carrier.

So yes, you can attack SZ5, build a carrier, and land on it on the way back all in one move.  AA50 and Spring '42.

• '19

right but you couldn’t attack sz 5 and land it on a new carrier in sz 2 as the ftr cant make it to sz 2.  It would have to be a new carrier in sz 3, 6, or 7.

• Ah, yes.  SZ2 is way out there and is 5 moves.  Gonna need LRA first, pal!

Zhukov, that’s a relic from the past, from Revised!

Taking you a bit to get used to the new and improved, isn’t it? ;)

• '16 '15 '10

That’s the confusion……is it still possible to place the fig on the ac even after it has already moved 4 spaces, but has landed on UK?

It’s a pretty critical question because there are a lot of circumstances where you need all the figs you can get on the new ACs.

I’m actually not certain whether this is possible or not in Revised, so I guess my question extends to that rule-set as well.

Gamer I’m mostly AA50 these days, and enjoying it.

• I can’t imagine what is confusing about the answers you’ve gotten other than the fact that they probably weren’t what you expected/wanted to hear.

It’s pretty simple.  The plane ends the turn in whatever territory or seazone it ends its movement in. The plane can not be moved from land to sea during mobilization of the carrier. If it can reach a seazone in NCMs it can end its turn there and you can use a new carrier in that sz as the landing place.

In your example, because going UK to sz5 to sz2 is 5 movement, you could not end the turn with the fig in sz5 without either getting LRA tech, or by forgoing the fig for the attack on sz5.

IIRC, for Revised I believe the out-of-the-box (OOB) rules allowed you to move the fig from land to a new carrier during mobilization, but the Larry Harris Tournament Rules (a.k.a LHTR -the ruleset used for league and tournaments at most online sites, including this one, and other events to clear up a lot of vague, unbalanced, and inconsistent items in the OOB rules) used a rule akin to the AA50 rule above.

• '16 '15 '10

Well that’s probably the case but I’d still like confirmation from Kreighund on this one.  The reason is it’s relatively common on TripleA to use edit to move the fig onto the AC in this sort of circumstance, and I don’t want to object to this kind of edit without being absolutely sure of the rules.

• Official Q&A

ksmckay, gamerman01 and TimTheEnchanter are all correct.

In AA42, AA50 and LHTR, the fighter must end its move in the sea zone.  In OOB Revised, the fighter must end its move in the territory, and it may then be moved onto the carrier during mobilization.

• '16 '15 '10

OK much appreciated everyone!

• In AA50-41, I’m not sure who ultimately takes control in the following situation:

1.  Japan controls Moscow, but the US and UK occupy and control various Russian territories in eastern Europe.
    2.  The allies liberate Moscow.
    3.  Control of Moscow and all territories (and aa guns) under allied control revert to Russian control.
    4.  Japan retakes Moscow on its turn, takes Russia’s money (newly collected after being liberated - all territories previously controlled by the Allies would count toward the total when Russia collects).

Who controls the Russian territories now occupied by the UK and US?  Do the allies have to “run back over” the territories to retake them or do they just return to an allied player’s control if that player occupies the territory at the end of their turn?  In either case, who gets control if both the UK and US occupy a Russian territory at the end of a turn?

I hope that question makes sense…  :|

• @anchovy:

In AA50-41, I’m not sure who ultimately takes control in the following situation:

1.  Japan controls Moscow, but the US and UK occupy and control various Russian territories in eastern Europe.
    2.  The allies liberate Moscow.
    3.  Control of Moscow and all territories (and aa guns) under allied control revert to Russian control.
    4.  Japan retakes Moscow on its turn, takes Russia’s money (newly collected after being liberated - all territories previously controlled by the Allies would count toward the total when Russia collects).

Who controls the Russian territories now occupied by the UK and US?  Do the allies have to “run back over” the territories to retake them or do they just return to an allied player’s control if that player occupies the territory at the end of their turn?  In either case, who gets control if both the UK and US occupy a Russian territory at the end of a turn?

I hope that question makes sense…  :|

Control has nothing to do with UK or US occupation.  Control is Russia’s, as you correctly identified, once Moscow was liberated.  It will remain Russia’s territory until captured by Axis.  Then the Allies could take it back and get the income and use of factories, but only if the Axis capture it first, after Japan’s 2nd capturing of Moscow.

So yes, by liberating Moscow and then losing it again, the Allies lose all the other original Russian territory benefits (income and production and AA control).  This must be considered carefully when liberating a capital, especially since, in your scenario, Japan was able to take it back immediately after Russia’s turn.

• Yeah, makes sense.  I don’t know why I didn’t see that before…  :-P

• Haha - your question just made me realize, I get one more IPC with Japan (77 instead of 76  :-D) because I took Libya and Italy is currently under US control….
    Then when I liberate Italy, she will get income for Libya as well - nice - double dipping!  :-D

• '16 '15 '10

This may be obvious, but since I’m not sure…

If a sea zone contains an enemy sub, and I go in with a transport and gear, is it possible to land that gear without interference from the sub?  Or does the sub have an effect on the transport?

• '16 '15 '10

@Zhukov44:

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

If a sea zone contains an enemy sub, and I go in with a transport and gear, is it possible to land that gear without interference from the sub?  Or does the sub have an effect on the transport?

• @Zhukov44:

This may be obvious, but since I’m not sure…

Yes, you can land the gear and ignore the sub in combat movement.  No, the sub has no effect on the transport.  It is only in AAP40 that it can roll once on a 2 to try and sink the transport.  Not in AA50.

• @anchovy:

Unless I’m wrong, the AAguns are not converted to Russia when Moscou is liberated. They stay what they are

• Official Q&A

You’re right, Yoshi, they do.

• I believe that a CV can be produced in a sea zone where there is an ennemy fleet (you can produce as many vessels or fighters - if there are enough CV with - in this season can’t you ? ). But can a fighter wait this CV during his non combat move there, even with the ennemy fleet ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m