• I for one would like to see the results :wink:
    and welcome  :-D

Hi Krupp, & Thanx. That’s one vote. The only question I really have about A & A 50th, which I haven’t seen addressed yet, is there a ruling for a SINGLE VICTOR? This was allowed in the original version based on I.P.C. increase per nation. If this is not in the current version I’ll just play it by ear. Later.

• You have to understand, newbie, that most of the vapid individuals who post messages on this board don’t have real lives.  So they sit around and dream up house rules, paint their little plastic men, type wholly indecipherable posts replete with spelling, grammar and punctuation errors, post a-historical and factually bankrupt nonsense, and boast that they bought not one, not two, not three, not four, but five copies of the game!

• What can I say? I’m a newbie. I only reserved three copies, :roll: But I do own three copies of the original, & one copy of all the others, including the first six sets of A & A minis. :-) I’m also the President of Gamers’ Anonymous, currently only ONE member. Want to join?!

• Official Q&A

@Von:

The only question I really have about A & A 50th, which I haven’t seen addressed yet, is there a ruling for a SINGLE VICTOR? This was allowed in the original version based on I.P.C. increase per nation. If this is not in the current version I’ll just play it by ear. Later.

There are no rules for individual victory in AA50.  However, there’s no reason why you can’t make your own house rules for them.  Using the Classic system should work just fine.  You could also work in the NOs somehow if you play with them, as that may give players on the same side a little incentive to work at cross purposes.

• OH!! Almost forgot! The winner of this years GEN CON A & A tournament is suppose to be in attendance at our little tourney. SO COOL!!! Can’t wait! :-D As the sponsor though, I shall not be playing. :cry: (But, it.s a nice way to scope out the competion.) :evil:

• OKAY! SO I can’t spell “competition.” Anyhover, danka Krieg, for the input. What I thought was to use the VP cities as the end game requirements, but, to use the I.P.C. increase as the final determining factor. This way even allied players will want to try & plan the “final thrust”, game ending move. I also thought about making VP cities worth double the points at games end. Not sure about this yet.

• Wait a minute? Either I’m a gaming fanatic or I don’t have a life either? (As the Misses looks over my shoulder & shakes her head.) :lol:

• My edition is arriving Tuesday.  I will greet it with great warmth.

• CLSGames informed me that they will receive the game on Tuesday, to ship out either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Our gaming group almost always plays 1 person per nation and I’m a little concerned about the lack of interest in playing Italy, seeing that they only have 10 IPCs and starts with only a handful of units. Hopefully they can still be a fun and interesting nation to play.

Out of curiosity, why do some of you buy more than 1 copy of the game?

• @P-Unit:

CLSGames informed me that they will receive the game on Tuesday, to ship out either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Our gaming group almost always plays 1 person per nation and I’m a little concerned about the lack of interest in playing Italy, seeing that they only have 10 IPCs and starts with only a handful of units. Hopefully they can still be a fun and interesting nation to play.

I’ll have my copies tuesday nite. I would suggest letting a novice or new player play Italy. This way they’re still involved in the game, but not to many pieces to move, not a large amount of decisions to make & more time to see how the experienced people play. We buy more than one copy so WoTC will make more! :lol:

• @P-Unit:

I am sick and need help from a therapist

• @Adlertag:

@P-Unit:

I gotta good one! It’s one of my split-personalities

• @Adlertag:

@P-Unit:

:lol: Aren’t we all?  :lol: Aren’t we all?  :lol:

• I am getting two mainly for the extra units, and to give me an extra board to work with for modifications.  Since Hasbro will not sell components, it is the only way to get these items.  I will probably start picking up copies of Revised on eBay for the same reason.

Edit on Nov. 19:  I may start looking sometime in February, after getting clear of all of the Christmas and birthday bill.

• Out of curiosity, why do some of you buy more than 1 copy of the game?

Because it will be sold out and the price of AA50 will go up as a result.

You must always have a perfect copy thats never opened, and a back up for the one you play with. The other 4-5 would be a game for each bedroom as standard equipment.

For example: each room would have windows, a door and a copy of AA50 as ‘part of the room’ in case you needed something to do. Then add a copy for each bathroom and kitchen and garage… you need at least 10 copies.

• If possible scan the rules please!

Thanks

• Is there a breakdown of the pieces by nation on the back of the box? I heard rumors that there might be. Also, how well does the board sections connect together?

• @Craig:

My Larry Harris signed copy arrived late yesterday in the mail. :mrgreen:

I am going to now take some pics of it and will post them later today. :-D

Craig

Great, someone is USA recieved a copy-LOL

• @timerover51:

I am getting two mainly for the extra units, and to give me an extra board to work with for modifications.  Since Hasbro will not sell components, it is the only way to get these items.  I will probably start picking up copies of Revised on eBay for the same reason.

That was my plan as well, there is actually some pretty good bargains on e-bay. But the one thing I can’t find on there is extra pieces :|

• '10

@Craig:

My Larry Harris signed copy arrived late yesterday in the mail. :mrgreen:

I am going to now take some pics of it and will post them later today. :-D

Craig

Must be nice!  Signed copy two days before release!  Can’t wait to see the pics.  Can someone get a PDF or scans of the Rules up here if they have a copy?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m