AXIS & ALLIES DICE - Field Marshal Games

• '10

That’s right!  The number the attacker always wants to see is the ONE, or the Defender on the AA roll.

Nothing says “Your bombers are going down” like an IRON CROSS or “I just blunted your Panzer attack” Like six HAMMER & SCYCLES!

I have been playing with the prototype set and I can’t go back!  (I know this sounds like a plug for the product BUT, as an AAA player you have to agree)

Also, there is never any confusion as to whom rolled what when dice get scattered on the board or table. And no more reaching across the table to gather up dice because each Nation and each player have an unmistakable set.

I made the product because I wanted a set (selling the rest is just a bonus) Being a huge AAA player and fan I also know other players will appreciate the concept.

Glad you like them…  Thanks again for the positive feedback.

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/

• Can you get the phone number working? I feel not at ease when the company offers a phone for orders and its disconnected.

• '10

@Imperious:

Can you get the phone number working? I feel not at ease when the company offers a phone for orders and its disconnected.

Did you like the Phone message?  I think it is very cool.  The phone was not disconnected…  the message machine was on?  Please PM me if you have an issue with the phone again.  feel Free to give us a call tomorrow between 9-5 EST OR leave a message and we will call you back  :-)

Also feel free to PM us here or e-mail:

info (at) Fieldmarshalgames (DOT com)
    Jeremy (at) Fieldmarshalgames (DOT com)

• ok got it sorted out. all is fine.

• Field Marshall,

Those are some nice dice and are a good value.  I may order a set or two for my son at Christmas.  How long does it take to ship?

Another idea I once had was to have dice arranged a different way.  The “ones” would be for rolling attacking infantry and such, and would have only one side marked with the logo as you have, but the other sides would just be blank.  The “twos” would have an artillery sillohette <sp?>on one side and an infantryman sillohette on a second side, with four blank sides.  These would be for things that attack or defend on a two.  The “threes” would have tank, airplane, and/or cruiser sillohettes and three blank sides.  The fours would have bombers and battleships with two blank sides.

Then when you roll, you shake the appropriate number of dice and just count the sillohettes.  A blank side is just a miss.  Only the ones come in nation specific groups because of the emblem.  The only two problems I see with this are you need a bucket load of dice and there are so many unusual dice to produce.  I figure you might need 10 #1 for each nation, 20 #2 dice, 20 #3 dice and 10 #4 dice.  In the rare instance you need a #5 die, just go find an old fashioned one and roll it.

It would speed up a few early turns with all these user friendly dice.  But you can’t use them for many other games.

BTW, has anyone thought of playing with 8-sided dice instead of 6-sided?  That would give the defender a bit of a boost.</sp?>

• I ordered 2 sets. I will review these when i get them and post here i will post exactly how many days it took to ship and perhaps some pictures, but what makes these really nice is they will go nice with the new game…its like a complete set upgraded and new like a cherry on the cake type of thing. You only need to have one special dice set and its a good deal.

I hope they can borrow my token files and make Italian,  french, and Chinese dice.

• '10

@dinosaur:

Field Marshall,

Those are some nice dice and are a good value.  I may order a set or two for my son at Christmas.  How long does it take to ship?

Another idea I once had was to have dice arranged a different way.  The “ones” would be for rolling attacking infantry and such, and would have only one side marked with the logo as you have, but the other sides would just be blank.  The “twos” would have an artillery sillohette <sp?>on one side and an infantryman sillohette on a second side, with four blank sides.  These would be for things that attack or defend on a two.  The “threes” would have tank, airplane, and/or cruiser sillohettes and three blank sides.  The fours would have bombers and battleships with two blank sides.

Then when you roll, you shake the appropriate number of dice and just count the sillohettes.  A blank side is just a miss.  Only the ones come in nation specific groups because of the emblem.  The only two problems I see with this are you need a bucket load of dice and there are so many unusual dice to produce.  I figure you might need 10 #1 for each nation, 20 #2 dice, 20 #3 dice and 10 #4 dice.  In the rare instance you need a #5 die, just go find an old fashioned one and roll it.

It would speed up a few early turns with all these user friendly dice.  But you can’t use them for many other games.

BTW, has anyone thought of playing with 8-sided dice instead of 6-sided?  That would give the defender a bit of a boost.</sp?>

Thank you dinosaur for your post.

That is a great idea!  There are a few reasons we did not make the dice that way and I think you hit the nail on the head: To many Dice!  As you can imagine, these were not cheap to produce…  We went through 3 prototypes before COMBAT DICE as you see them came to be.  We wanted to make an Axis & Allies product that would improve not only the look of the game, but also the natural flow of the game with ease of reading and identifying the dice.  The more Dice in a set and the more TYPES of dice…  the greater the production cost and thus cost to the gamer.  The COMPLETE SET we offer includes 30 dice, six for each nation which we found was a good number to roll at one time.

ALSO, you are correct.  By going through the expense of creating this product which is for a SPECIFIC market, by keeping to the D6 and the current format wargamers are able to use these dice with many other WW2 games which made it a more viable project for us in the long run.

We are taking orders now and the product will ship on Monday or Tuesday (Oct 20 / 21).  We had hoped to ship this week, but the dice came from the factory in boxes of 10,000 die each (That is 50,000 DICE we have!!) and we had to inspect for quality and package into sets with the FMG Dice bag.  (We apologize for this short delay to those who have ordered).

We will ship via FedEx Ground with insurance and tracking for only $5.95.  After Monday orders will ship within 24 hours and shipping within North America is 6-8 biz days.

Thank you dinosaur for your interest, ideas and your post!

• Very nicely done.  I’m in for a set – how can one resist?!

Thanks for the effort.

• Thanks for your reply as well.

Another modification you might consider since you are making these from scratch …

Could the “pips” be small stars, and could the five pip side have the stars arranged in the circle as they appear on a five-star generals insignia?

I figure you could help everyone by offering a special “expansion” set of dice with the three new countries.  Folks that only want them for AAR, or AAE could buy the “basic set” and folks that want to play AA50 could buy both sets.

I am glad you recognized my thoughts that although my idea has aesthetic merit, it doesn’t cut the economic mustard.

• Cool looking dice! I will have to get a set!

• '10

@dinosaur:

Thanks for your reply as well.

Another modification you might consider since you are making these from scratch …

Could the “pips” be small stars, and could the five pip side have the stars arranged in the circle as they appear on a five-star generals insignia?

I figure you could help everyone by offering a special “expansion” set of dice with the three new countries.  Folks that only want them for AAR, or AAE could buy the “basic set” and folks that want to play AA50 could buy both sets.

I am glad you recognized my thoughts that although my idea has aesthetic merit, it doesn’t cut the economic mustard.

We have made sets on our site for each AAA game, if you get the COMPLETE set you can use for all your games.  Once we have sold enough of these sets to meet our investment we will do the ITALY, CHINA and other dice on our next production run.

For AAA specific dice sets visit:

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/board-games/axis-allies/field-marshal-combat-dice-axis-allies-custom-sets.html

SORRY IF YOU VISITED OUR SITE ON FRIDAY…  WE HAD A HOSTING ISSUE AND OUR SITE WAS DOWN…  UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!

• what? you got them before me? How dare you!

• I want to buy a dice tower from you. I will pimp it up with decals and use for my games. PM me or email.

Christmas is coming and AA50 is Christmas in November.

• Customizer

FieldMarshal The Dice look great. You mentioned above that you have currently designed dice for italy, china, and france. I understand that these dice are not in production yet.

When do you expect to put them into production?
    Do you have any photos of prototype dice yet? If not some description would be nice.
    Are they based on AA50 meaning brown italy and light green china with the “one” side decals matching the aa50 control markers for italy and china?
    Im assuming france is blue, is that correct?

Any details or photos would be appreciated.
    I look forward to purchasing these dice in a complete AA50 set!

• Ok i got them today, so order Oct 16- arrive Oct 31.

I have to say these are more than nice. The dice have a glossy finish to them and are much better quality than normal d6.

The really nice thing is the decals are actually embossed on the die, its not some decal that some bloke stuck on the pip that says ‘one’. The one pip side is perfectly flat and the decal is spot on center. These are top quality!

I guarantee this. order a set for the AA50, so you can be pimp your game.

This is something that should have come out a long time ago. WOTC could not make better dice if they tried.

I will definatly order Italy and frenchy

• Ok I’ve ordered three sets based on your recommendation!

But what I really want to know is how big are the dice?  I know they are smaller than a standard die but are they bigger than the dice you get in “bricks” of 36?  Do you know what I mean?

I could just wait for my dice to show up but…… I’ve already had to wait for AA50… ya WoTC is their own worst enemy - that company is something else.

• They are the size of the milton bradley dice except the finish is glossy and the pips are very bright…like high quality dice should be.

I will order anything else they make for AA.

• Awesome!  Thanks.

• Just ordered my set. Hopefully gets here by the 18th!

• You will be happy. Also forgot to mention it comes with a black velvet cloth bag.

I want them to make a national token set on wooden disks that are painted. Nice and thick would be great.

Other idea is a dice tower and scoresheet for AA

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m