AXIS & ALLIES DICE - Field Marshal Games

• '10

Field Marshal COMBAT DICE are now available!

Check out these COMBAT DICE, perfect for Axis & Allies and AAA Miniatures (except AAA Battle of the Bulge… D10… whats that all about)

Now available at Field Marshal Games.

Highest quality and Custom crafted with the Military insignia of each major combatant Nation of the Second World War.

The Perfect Edition to your Favorite Axis & Allies Strategy War Game.

Each National Set includes 6 Dice each!

Complete set includes 6 UK Dice, 6 Germany Dice, 6 USA Dice, 6 USSR Dice and 6 Japan Dice… A total of 30 DICE!!!
    And an FMG custom embroidered dice bag.

Individual Nation sets also available for use with other WW2 Games.

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/

• we need Italian dice please. dark brown

• '10

@Imperious:

we need Italian dice please. dark brown

Thank you, we are very aware as we are Axis & Allies players also.  Unfortunately these went into production BEFORE Ann Edition Details were released.  We have already designed ITALY, CHINA and FRANCE COMBAT DICE that will go into production next batch.

We will have these as an add-on OR sold separately when they are available.  Thank you for the request Imperious Leader!

(I will post pics of those dice before they go into production HERE so I can have input from the group)

• I wish the decal was square so it fitted better on the side.

also, is the decal covering up the 1 pip? or is the decal side flat?

• '10

@Imperious:

I wish the decal was square so it fitted better on the side.

also, is the decal covering up the 1 pip? or is the decal side flat?

We wanted the decal to match the Axis & Allies roundels perfectly so we made them round.  These dice are custom made with one FLAT side.  The decal is also silk screened and not a stick on!  It will never peal or scratch (within reason… don’t take a knife to it).

Also, we wanted to color match the dice to Axis & Allies unit colors…  even though the different games have different colors, we choose those that looked best with the roundels.

These COMBAT DICE were custom made from scratch…  custom color, die mould with a flat surface, and silk screened decals.  Highest Quality.

To show the color match…  here are some pics on a game board:

AXIS & ALLIES D-DAY
    AXIS & ALLIES EUROPE
    AXIS & ALLIES Rev Edition

• ok that’s enough to put me over the edge. I will order 2 of them.

Please make other goodies like this. If it works out you can sell score sheets for AA or perhaps random event cards?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Imperious:

ok that’s enough to put me over the edge. I will order 2 of them.

Please make other goodies like this. If it works out you can sell score sheets for AA or perhaps random event cards?

You lush!  Resist the dark side!  The dice are not your friends……(hey, you’re stealing from the available supply restricting my access to unlimited dice wealth!)

• '10

@Imperious:

ok that’s enough to put me over the edge. I will order 2 of them.

Thanks for the salute Imperious Leader.  You can order custom Axis & Allies sets off our site.  If you have any questions or difficulty PM me any time. (AAA players think alike… those are already on the drawing board  :wink:)

Here is one more for your viewing pleasure:

AXIS & ALLIES EUROPE

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Question:  The control marker, is that on the ONE or the SIX?  It makes more sense to be on the ONE since that is the result every player wants to see on their dice, and the more ONEs the better! (Usually anyway.)

• The icon is the one result. so infantry or AA guns are easy to spot.

• '10

That’s right!  The number the attacker always wants to see is the ONE, or the Defender on the AA roll.

Nothing says “Your bombers are going down” like an IRON CROSS or “I just blunted your Panzer attack” Like six HAMMER & SCYCLES!

I have been playing with the prototype set and I can’t go back!  (I know this sounds like a plug for the product BUT, as an AAA player you have to agree)

Also, there is never any confusion as to whom rolled what when dice get scattered on the board or table. And no more reaching across the table to gather up dice because each Nation and each player have an unmistakable set.

I made the product because I wanted a set (selling the rest is just a bonus) Being a huge AAA player and fan I also know other players will appreciate the concept.

Glad you like them…  Thanks again for the positive feedback.

• Can you get the phone number working? I feel not at ease when the company offers a phone for orders and its disconnected.

• '10

@Imperious:

Can you get the phone number working? I feel not at ease when the company offers a phone for orders and its disconnected.

Did you like the Phone message?  I think it is very cool.  The phone was not disconnected…  the message machine was on?  Please PM me if you have an issue with the phone again.  feel Free to give us a call tomorrow between 9-5 EST OR leave a message and we will call you back  :-)

Also feel free to PM us here or e-mail:

info (at) Fieldmarshalgames (DOT com)
    Jeremy (at) Fieldmarshalgames (DOT com)

• ok got it sorted out. all is fine.

• Field Marshall,

Those are some nice dice and are a good value.  I may order a set or two for my son at Christmas.  How long does it take to ship?

Another idea I once had was to have dice arranged a different way.  The “ones” would be for rolling attacking infantry and such, and would have only one side marked with the logo as you have, but the other sides would just be blank.  The “twos” would have an artillery sillohette <sp?>on one side and an infantryman sillohette on a second side, with four blank sides.  These would be for things that attack or defend on a two.  The “threes” would have tank, airplane, and/or cruiser sillohettes and three blank sides.  The fours would have bombers and battleships with two blank sides.

Then when you roll, you shake the appropriate number of dice and just count the sillohettes.  A blank side is just a miss.  Only the ones come in nation specific groups because of the emblem.  The only two problems I see with this are you need a bucket load of dice and there are so many unusual dice to produce.  I figure you might need 10 #1 for each nation, 20 #2 dice, 20 #3 dice and 10 #4 dice.  In the rare instance you need a #5 die, just go find an old fashioned one and roll it.

It would speed up a few early turns with all these user friendly dice.  But you can’t use them for many other games.

BTW, has anyone thought of playing with 8-sided dice instead of 6-sided?  That would give the defender a bit of a boost.</sp?>

• I ordered 2 sets. I will review these when i get them and post here i will post exactly how many days it took to ship and perhaps some pictures, but what makes these really nice is they will go nice with the new game…its like a complete set upgraded and new like a cherry on the cake type of thing. You only need to have one special dice set and its a good deal.

I hope they can borrow my token files and make Italian,  french, and Chinese dice.

• '10

@dinosaur:

Field Marshall,

Those are some nice dice and are a good value.  I may order a set or two for my son at Christmas.  How long does it take to ship?

Another idea I once had was to have dice arranged a different way.  The “ones” would be for rolling attacking infantry and such, and would have only one side marked with the logo as you have, but the other sides would just be blank.  The “twos” would have an artillery sillohette <sp?>on one side and an infantryman sillohette on a second side, with four blank sides.  These would be for things that attack or defend on a two.  The “threes” would have tank, airplane, and/or cruiser sillohettes and three blank sides.  The fours would have bombers and battleships with two blank sides.

Then when you roll, you shake the appropriate number of dice and just count the sillohettes.  A blank side is just a miss.  Only the ones come in nation specific groups because of the emblem.  The only two problems I see with this are you need a bucket load of dice and there are so many unusual dice to produce.  I figure you might need 10 #1 for each nation, 20 #2 dice, 20 #3 dice and 10 #4 dice.  In the rare instance you need a #5 die, just go find an old fashioned one and roll it.

It would speed up a few early turns with all these user friendly dice.  But you can’t use them for many other games.

BTW, has anyone thought of playing with 8-sided dice instead of 6-sided?  That would give the defender a bit of a boost.</sp?>

Thank you dinosaur for your post.

That is a great idea!  There are a few reasons we did not make the dice that way and I think you hit the nail on the head: To many Dice!  As you can imagine, these were not cheap to produce…  We went through 3 prototypes before COMBAT DICE as you see them came to be.  We wanted to make an Axis & Allies product that would improve not only the look of the game, but also the natural flow of the game with ease of reading and identifying the dice.  The more Dice in a set and the more TYPES of dice…  the greater the production cost and thus cost to the gamer.  The COMPLETE SET we offer includes 30 dice, six for each nation which we found was a good number to roll at one time.

ALSO, you are correct.  By going through the expense of creating this product which is for a SPECIFIC market, by keeping to the D6 and the current format wargamers are able to use these dice with many other WW2 games which made it a more viable project for us in the long run.

We are taking orders now and the product will ship on Monday or Tuesday (Oct 20 / 21).  We had hoped to ship this week, but the dice came from the factory in boxes of 10,000 die each (That is 50,000 DICE we have!!) and we had to inspect for quality and package into sets with the FMG Dice bag.  (We apologize for this short delay to those who have ordered).

We will ship via FedEx Ground with insurance and tracking for only $5.95.  After Monday orders will ship within 24 hours and shipping within North America is 6-8 biz days.

Thank you dinosaur for your interest, ideas and your post!

• Very nicely done.  I’m in for a set – how can one resist?!

Thanks for the effort.

• Thanks for your reply as well.

Another modification you might consider since you are making these from scratch …

Could the “pips” be small stars, and could the five pip side have the stars arranged in the circle as they appear on a five-star generals insignia?

I figure you could help everyone by offering a special “expansion” set of dice with the three new countries.  Folks that only want them for AAR, or AAE could buy the “basic set” and folks that want to play AA50 could buy both sets.

I am glad you recognized my thoughts that although my idea has aesthetic merit, it doesn’t cut the economic mustard.

• Cool looking dice! I will have to get a set!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m