• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@dezrtfish:

@U-505:

Knowing that many of us own firearms and drink heavily during the games, it’s probably a good thing that they don’t occur face to face.  :lol:

LMAO, I own fire arms and generaly drink quite a bit durring my games, but it is just a game after all…

Who needs firearms.  Just get the other side to drink heavily, and if that doesn’t work, you can always put on your bikini!

• OMG …… another beer thread??

• '19 Moderator

Beer is on of the corner stones of life, it’s right up there with carbon and oxygen!

• @dezrtfish:

Beer is on of the corner stones of life, it’s right up there with carbon and oxygen!

Indeed.

One of the oldest pieces of writing is a recipe for beer. The cultivation of wheat and the appearance of beer go pretty much hand in hand.

• He’ll be back…  :-)

And beer is supposedly important in that it was one of the motivators to settle and create societies.  Good enough for me…

• Switch could be back also great more beer talk thanyou for switching the conversation@U-505:

It was all about principles for him. After careful consideration of the situation, and without going into any detail, I was, and still am, inclined to agree with him.

And yes, Jen, his actions do seem a bit excessive. However, quite a few of us, myself included, take this game very seriously, especially at tournament time. There have been plenty of rules entanglements and extreme behavior in the past and his actions weren’t surprising, out of character, or entirely unwarranted, either.

Knowing that many of us own firearms and drink heavily during the games, it’s probably a good thing that they don’t occur face to face.  :lol:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Jermofoot:

He’ll be back…  :-)

And beer is supposedly important in that it was one of the motivators to settle and create societies.  Good enough for me…

And here i thought it was women bitching about being pregnant and having to walk everywhere followed soon after with cutting all the men off sex until they figured out a way to keep us warm and cozy at night.

:P

• @Cmdr:

@Jermofoot:

He’ll be back…  :-)

And here i thought it was women bitching about being pregnant and having to walk everywhere followed soon after with cutting all the men off sex until they figured out a way to keep us warm and cozy at night.

:P

And for that, my answer is still beer.  :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

Whatever the cause, it’s probably good for switch to have a life outside of this forum. I took about a 6-month break and am now back just to play a single game. Not really interested in the discussion or even strategy threads anymore, I’m just here to play.

• In house A&A drama politics….

LOCK IT UP, MODS!  8-)

• @LT04:

I don’t know I would have gone as far as to resign my profile here I just simply wouldn’t play in any more tourney’s.  :|

(spelling correction)

Agreed. That’s what I would have done…

• 2007 AAR League

I’m guessing the real reason is that he realized he was spending his entire life on this forum and maybe that was a bit of a waste so this was just an excuse to make a clean break.

• this was just an excuse to make a clean break

What then would hold somebody to such a commitment that they needed an excuse to have a reason to leave. Why cant leaving just be just as fine and good?

Its not like a priest that wants to become a communist looking for the opportunity to leave the church.

• @Imperious:

Its not like a priest that wants to become a communist looking for the opportunity to leave the church.

Why exactly would being Christian and Communist be mutually exclusive?  Many argue that Jesus was a Communist - not in the Soviet sense, though.

• @Jermofoot:

@Imperious:

Why exactly would being Christian and Communist be mutually exclusive?  Many argue that Jesus was a Communist - not in the Soviet sense, though.

I think that IL was referencing that the communist communities such as the Soviet Union, China and North Korea have all adopted a national policy of atheism.  I’m sure there are other aspects of that which I am avoiding so as not to get this topic locked by turning this into a political argument.

In a lot of ways I would have to agree with you that true Christianity would adopt a self-supporting community based system of equality.  However, I would have to agree that like Plato’s Republic the human race isn’t ready for.

• 2007 AAR League

@Imperious:

this was just an excuse to make a clean break

What then would hold somebody to such a commitment that they needed an excuse to have a reason to leave. Why cant leaving just be just as fine and good?

“Excuse” was the wrong word. Final push, or motivation, or whatever. Maybe he just wanted to go out in a huff with some drama.

• I think that IL was referencing that the communist communities such as the Soviet Union, China and North Korea have all adopted a national policy of atheism.

Yes exactly word for word from Das Kapital. Communism is a rejection of religion based on that they believe its subversive to human progression. It was the official policy in Soviet Union and China with exceptions. BUT this is not political so lets leave this out. I am just explaining what i meant in my remarks to clarify.

Also i meant communism in a political sence. A priest and a communist are not compatible unless one of these ideas is forsaken at some point.

• It’s all good this does take soem of your life away thats why i coem and check on and type i do stuff and check up on this as easy as that he does not need an excuse to
    quite

• Italian:

Can you redo that? It makes no sence whatsoever. I read it 3 times and have not figured out what you are saying.

• Do i have to modify

@italiansarecoming:

It’s all good this does take soem of your life away thats why i coem and check on and type i do stuff and check up on this as easy as that he does not need an excuse to
    quite

Ok! switch does not need an excuse to leave this forum for a&a
    This forum is time consuming but you can be doing other stuff like at the moment i am watching t.v. and checking for new replies.
    My piont is switch does not need an excuse to leave this place thats all

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m