• well didnt know that the people of German ancestry( Germans ) are the biggest faction in USA.  :? :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maps_of_American_ancestries

well a man learn as long as he lives    :lol:8-):mrgreen:

• On live Germany!!  :mrgreen:

• Of course. You didn’t know that?

• :lol:  That little island of blue in the middle of Kentucky is my German county.

• 2007 AAR League

Holy crap! Puerto Rico is completely overrun by Puerto Ricans!

Keep an eye out for those guys.

• As someone who is 7/8 Bavarian…

ROCK ON!

:mrgreen:

• @ncscswitch:

As someone who is 7/8 Bavarian…

ROCK ON!

:mrgreen:

And your favorite beer is Newcastle?  Something is wrong with you, son.  :?

• Actually it is now Sam Adams Light.

I had to give up my beloved Newcastle…  I was having an issue with that whole middle-aged spread thing and my 36" were getting tight.  So dropping some of the calories and I am now drinking Sam Adams Light, and the occasional Corona Light.

I still do a good Belgian Abbey Ale as a treat on the weekends (getting ready to crack one here shortly…)  8-)

• @ncscswitch:

Actually it is now Sam Adams Light.

Good choice.  Just saw their seasonal brew for fall is out: Oktoberfest.

I had to give up my beloved Newcastle…  I was having an issue with that whole middle-aged spread thing and my 36" were getting tight.  So dropping some of the calories and I am now drinking Sam Adams Light, and the occasional Corona Light.

Fair enough, more for me.  :wink:  But you didn’t have to give up beer altogether with the Corona Light.  :-P

I still do a good Belgian Abbey Ale as a treat on the weekends (getting ready to crack one here shortly…)  8-)

Any you care to mention?

• Maredsous Double 8 is rather nice if you like heavy ales.  VERY thick head.  Only way I can describe it is thick, heavy, creamy and moderately hoppy.

I also  just tried the 3 pack varietals of Ommegang which included a Belgian Abbey Ale.  Smoother with far less head than the Maredsous.  Moderately hoppy.  Call it an introduction to Belgian Abbey Ales.

• Ommegang is a wonderful beer.  I like the Three Philosophers particularly.

• @Jermofoot:

Ommegang is a wonderful beer.  I like the Three Philosophers particularly.

Great stuff.  I picked up a case on a visit to their brewery, which close to where I grew up.

My head spun when I saw Ommegang for sale for 5ish dollars in ags stations in upstate…here I have to go to a big liquor store to find it and its 7ish dollars or more!

• I have been buying Omegang in a 3 bottle “BBQ Pack” of Abbey Ale, Hennepin, and Rare Vos for more than a month at my local mid-range grocery store.

It is 3 “fifth” size bottles, one of each variety, for a price of $15 and change.  The local Wine and Beer store sells the same pack for more than $23.

I think I have bought about a dozen of those packs, and I will miss them when they are gone.
    One note… the bar code on this pack is too small to be read by the grocery store scanner, so they have to hand key the barcode each time.  Pain in the butt…

• @ncscswitch:

I think I have bought about a dozen of those packs, and I will miss them when they are gone.
    One note… the bar code on this pack is too small to be read by the grocery store scanner, so they have to hand key the barcode each time.  Pain in the butt…

Oh god, I hate that.  Part of my job is making sure those things scan.  If they simply will not (and there is a standard to how they should display), I’ll call the company and tell them that their time saving tool is counterproductive.  We’ve had success sometimes getting them to change the print.  In some cases we’ve reprinted the barcode and put it at the register for cashiers to use, or print them on address labels and stick them over the original.

On another note…a beer talk thread and not one mention of Oktoberfest?  How awful…  :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m