• I found this. Its got alot of differences from Revised.

There are also a few extra things about China I should throw in. The American player cannot intermix the combat phase/combat resolution of the U.S. team with that of the Chinese team. He must choose option 1: do Chinese combat movement, then Chinese combat resolution, then American combat movement, then American combat resolution, or option 2: American combat movement and resolution first, then Chinese combat movement and combat resolution. China begins the game with one fighter and a respectable number of infantry. Once China’s fighter is lost (which can happen on Japan’s first turn), it will have no air force for the rest of the game. Therefore, its only attacks would be with infantry. Moreover, when China places its new infantry units, it cannot place them in a way which results in there being more than three Chinese units in any one territory. (However, it can achieve larger force sizes during other phases of its turn.)

Reprinted from Smorey

• @Imperious:

I found this. Its got alot of differences from Revised.

The American player cannot intermix the combat phase/combat resolution of the U.S. team with that of the Chinese team. He must choose option 1: do Chinese combat movement, then Chinese combat resolution, then American combat movement, then American combat resolution, or option 2: American combat movement and resolution first, then Chinese combat movement and combat resolution.

Reprinted from Smorey

Does USA get to make this decision this each turn or for the entire game?
    For example, if Rd1, US decides China should do their turn before USA, will every subsequent round have to have China forces preceed US combat/resolution?

• Official Q&A

You can do it either way each turn.  It doesn’t have to be the same for the entire game.

• Basically, it means that the US player needs to get air power into China fairly early, and then use the aircraft to attack the Japanese first, and if successful, then attack with Chinese infantry, essentially the way the 14th Air Force operated in China.

• Japan plays before USA and China in both scenarios. Japan will destroy the fighter as one of its primary goals…so that idea out.

Also, Russia does not have a plane in 1941 ( they play before Japan in that scenario)

Also UK plays after Japan, so they cant do anything either.

oh well…

• 2007 AAR League

@Imperious:

Japan plays before USA and China in both scenarios. Japan will destroy the fighter as one of its primary goals…so that idea out.

Ok, let’s see if I got this straight…

• China starts out with 1 FTR + a bunch of infs
    • China never receives income, but instead, automatically get “free” Infs, based on the number of territories it control. No other units than Infs can thus ever be built by China
    • If China’s FTR gets destroyed, China will only be able to attack, using Infs

Correct?

• Yes it is correct. In WWII China had not mechanized forces nor airforce (exluding USA support). China had only infantry and military operations were aimed to defend. It is an acceptable way of modelling China in the game, IMHO.

• 2007 AAR League

@Romulus:

It is an acceptable way of modelling China in the game, IMHO.

By all means, I agree. I was just uncertain wheter I had understood it correctly.
    Then we should expect next to no Chinese attacks. It will primarily be a defensive nation (xpt for raiding territories defended by 1 inf and such…)

Does China have any restrictions on Unit Movements? That is, may Chinese units freely enter:

• Russian territories?
    • UK territories?
    • Japanese starting territories? (including any Chinese territories captured by Japan by start of -41 and -42 scenario)

• For what I know, they have no limitation of movement.

China should have a defensive attitude, trying to cumulte infantries in order to exploiting possible Japanese weakness in their front structure. At same time Japan should not allow the China to increase their infantry stacks.
    At same time conquering China is time consuming, requires a lot of resource and the reward is of few IPC. 1 IPC chinese territories should be more worthy to the China (1 territory = 1/2 infantry = 1,5 IPC) than to Japan.

• Official Q&A

Chinese units can’t leave China.  However, they may enter Hong Kong.

• So they cannot escape.

• @Krieghund:

Since in many respects, China is played closer to the historic reality, I am not sure that I would agree with that.  In 1944, Chinese units were moved into Northern Burma as part of the Allied offensive to clear Northern Burma and get the Ledo Road into operation.  You also had Merrill’s Marauders in operation there as well.  Once the Northern Burma area had been cleared, the British-Indian forces proceeded to clear the rest of Burma, using a fair number of tanks units in the process once they got clear of the mountainous terrain.  This is one area where it would be nice to have some terrain effects, as the Assam-Northern Burma area and the Assam-Burma border is some of the worst terrain in the world to fight in or try to conduct military operations through.  It is not totally impassable, like the Sahara Desert or Himalayan Mountains, just very close to it.

• @timerover51:

@Krieghund:

Since in many respects, China is played closer to the historic reality, I am not sure that I would agree with that.  In 1944, Chinese units were moved into Northern Burma as part of the Allied offensive to clear Northern Burma and get the Ledo Road into operation.  You also had Merrill’s Marauders in operation there as well.  Once the Northern Burma area had been cleared, the British-Indian forces proceeded to clear the rest of Burma, using a fair number of tanks units in the process once they got clear of the mountainous terrain.  This is one area where it would be nice to have some terrain effects, as the Assam-Northern Burma area and the Assam-Burma border is some of the worst terrain in the world to fight in or try to conduct military operations through.  It is not totally impassable, like the Sahara Desert or Himalayan Mountains, just very close to it.

Please recall that the game rules are probably to facilitate game play moreso than to ignore the historical reality of what happened.  Maybe you can incorporate a house rule that says something like ‘after round 10, the chinese units are no longer restricted to China’

Substitute whatever round you want, I just chose 10 for an example.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m