Axis & Allies.org 2010 Support Drive

• Founder TripleA Admin

We will be running our first end of the year support drive to assist with paying for the costs and time for maintaining as well as upgrading the website and forums. This support drive will go directly toward improving performance and reducing spam.

There will be three support levels available. When you donate, you will receive a special badge on your profile.

Gold Patron - $50
    Silver Patron - $25
    Bronze Patron - $10

To donate, just click on the “Buy Now” PayPal button on the right of your screen.

In order to get your badge, be sure to include your email when you purchase your support level. Next, send me an email with your Axis & Allies .org username so that I can give you the badge. david [dot] jensen {at} axisandallies (dot) org

Thanks!

Amount raised: $750 (minus PayPal fees)
    Number of patrons: 25
    (last update Dec. 3, 2011)

Gold Patrons
    FieldMarshalGames
    Imperious Leader
    Emperor Mollari
    Gargantua
    Fishmoto37
    kurt3892
    JWW
    Zhukov44
    coachofmany
    gamerman01

Silver Patrons
    CWO Marc
    Battling Maxo
    Sime
    RisingDragon
    Bjergmose
    Black Fox

Bronze Patrons
    johnnymarr
    Guerrilla Guy
    Col. Ty Webb
    Koba
    Silver Bullet
    eudemonist
    thenorthman
    Axisplaya
    marechallannes
    Variable
    mprater2

• Founder TripleA Admin

Would you like to know how much has been raised as we go?

• yes definatly.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ve also updated with the number of patrons who contributed. I’ll also comprise a list of all the patrons when we have a few more. Based on the poll I did, we should have more.  :wink:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You can add me to the gold patron’s list, that is, as soon as fkin pay pal allows me to process a transaction.

Arbitrarily I’ve been selected for a “Random” security screening.  Basically it means I have to reenter ALL my information, Bank accounts, cards, address phone number, dl # etc etc, it’s total B.S.

And I have to CONFIRM my cellphone is linked to my home address, which is totally retarded, and I can’t use any information already in the account to verify my phone # or address.

GHEY….

Resolved…. processing payment now.

$50 PAID. 7:59pm PST Dec 20 2010

Instead of a Gold Patron, If you make a bar that reads “Waffen Elite(-Patron?)” in Black, Red, White, and maybe Dark Grey, for a $200 level donation, you can count on another $150 from me.

Oh and if you Ban Calvinhobbes in the meantime…  We can even be friends :D

• Founder TripleA Admin

Wow! Sorry about that. Unfortunately PayPal is the easiest solution for me right now.

@Gargantua:

You can add me to the gold patron’s list, that is, as soon as fkin pay pal allows me to process a transaction.

Arbitrarily I’ve been selected for a “Random” security screening.  Basically it means I have to reenter ALL my information, Bank accounts, cards, address phone number, dl # etc etc, it’s total B.S.

And I have to CONFIRM my cellphone is linked to my home address, which is totally retarded, and I can’t use any information already in the account to verify my phone # or address.

GHEY….

What are the chances of getting a higher donation level?

And what do I get if I muster others on the site to donate? I’m pretty good at rallying the mob…

Also, whats the target # of the drive?  For this year and next?

Helps when the goals are clear…

• I remember the costs to be about $450 per year, so additional funds are applied to future years.

At some point soon when the forums change, the official cost breakdown will be declared and how these contributions will be applied.

The purpose is to make a site that does not have errors and spam free and to allow greater options to the platform to include new and up to date look.

We will add in new sections and address all those concerns when the transition occurs.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The following doesn’t include any money spent on promotional material or travel or to promote the site.

Costs: $881.40
    Linode VPS hosting: $29.95 x 12 months = $359.40
    Linode backup service: $7.50 x 12 months = $90.00
    Domain name registration: ~$12.00
    Akismet spam blocking service: $5 x 12 months = $60.00
    UPS Store box: $360 (a lot cheaper than renting an office)

Costs with a better server: $1031.40
    Linode VPS hosting: $39.95 x 12 = $479.40
    Linode backup service: $10 x 12 = $120.00
    Domain name registration: ~$12.00
    Akismet spam blocking service: $5 x 12 months = $60.00
    UPS Store box: $360

If Akismet forces me to upgrade to an enterprise account, then add an additional $540. That’s ($50 x 12) - $60.

This does not include any costs for time spent. Believe it or not Axisandallies.org doesn’t pay the rent and I have a day job. The opportunity cost for spending time on this site is time with family & friends, after hours spent at the day job, or time spent on building new sites with potentially significantly more revenue opportunities than this site.

For time spent, however, I will be compensated using the ads revenue. All support money will go toward the above hard costs.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I forgot about the PayPal fees for the patron support. In order to net $881.40, I need to raise more than $907.41.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Oh, I forgot that I would like to hire a visual web designer to redo the look and feel of the site.

• i might konw some one who yo could talk to.  he’s my cousin so he might do it for cheap(and if your very nice…freeeee!)

So we still need another $700 this year, to cover everything, and have chump change for next year.

Time to start beating the drum then, I’ll see what I can do.

As for revenue’s, other than donations - and limited advertising, what medium’s does this site have for raising money?  It doesn’t really sell products….  ???

Idea: Should we run a 50/50 style tourny?  $10 via paypal gets you in?  If we get 20 in the tourny, that’s $100 for the winner and $100 for the site.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I also get royalties and referral fees for the t-shirts and stickers that you see advertised on the main site.

But I don’t really want to charge for anything else. Advertising and the support drive will be enough. Thanks for brainstorming though. I really appreciate the enthusiasm!

@Gargantua:

So we still need another $700 this year, to cover everything, and have chump change for next year.

Time to start beating the drum then, I’ll see what I can do.

As for revenue’s, other than donations - and limited advertising, what medium’s does this site have for raising money?  It doesn’t really sell products….  ???

Idea: Should we run a 50/50 style tourny?  $10 via paypal gets you in?  If we get 20 in the tourny, that’s $100 for the winner and $100 for the site.

• Oh, I forgot that I would like to hire a visual web designer to redo the look and feel of the site.

I can create any look you need, except you will need a guy to do the programing bit. That might defer the costs a little.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Somebody named Kurt R. sent $50 to be a Gold Patron but did not provide their username on the forums. Also, you email provider won’t let me send you an email from @axisandallies.org.

Can Kurt please send me an email. If I do not receive some sort of notification within 5 days, I’m going to assume it is a fruad and refund the $50.

• '10

Since your email is listed as ‘hidden’ under your profile I’ll post here.  My email address is [removed by admin] - I had my old email address under my paypal account which is fixed now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m