• I got Europe 1940 2nd ed., and what do the attack and def. values represent? Also are there any good strategies for the axis powers, especially at first?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@derpsa Hi derpsa

Attack Attack Attack : ) Ask @GeneralHandGrenade about his strategy videos.

Welcome to the boards

• @derpsa said in Hallo there, I am a new player.:

I got Europe 1940 2nd ed., and what do the attack and def. values represent? Also are there any good strategies for the axis powers, especially at first?

Strategies aren’t my specialty, but watching GHG’s videos should give you a start with that. As for attack and defense values, that’s an important concept to grasp.

Units have different attack and defense values because some units are better at attacking than they are at defending. That is to say: Attack values are used by units performing an attack. Defense values are used when units are being attacked by others.

For example, one of the first things to happen in a game of Europe 1940, Second Edition, will be the attack on France by Germany. When this happens, all of the German units in France will be using their attack values to kill defending units (you roll six-sided dice, provided with the game). All of the defending units in France (both the Brits and the French - powers can defend together, but they can’t attack together) will be using their defense values to kill attacking units.

You roll to hit. Using fighters as an example: a German fighter on the attack has an attack value of 3 - that means that if you roll a 1, 2, or 3, you hit one defender. A French fighter on the defense has a defense value of 4 - that means that if you roll a 1, 2, 3, or 4, you hit one attacker. Repeat as necessary until other the attacker runs out of units or retreats, or the defender runs out of units.

Does that make sense to you?

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper yes, thank you, and very well explained

• Would attacking the brit and french fleet in sz 110 be a bad idea?

• @derpsa said in Hallo there, I am a new player.:

Would attacking the brit and french fleet in sz 110 be a bad idea?

No, that’s a good idea.

But it’s no use asking questions like this, since you have to play the game a lot to understand why it’s a good idea (in this instance, what that fleet is capable of if you let it live). So: Play play play!

• @derpsa As Germany you have to eliminate the Allied warships in Sea Zones 110 and 111. If you don’t sink these ships, the Allies will quickly be able to launch amphibious assaults against you. Then you’ll have a lot of trouble holding on to France and you’ll never make it into Russia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m