Weird Rocket Rule and BB barrage questions

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Rocket in Midway; Rocket in Hawaii; Rocket in Alaska = 10 IPC to W. USA
    Rocket in Yakut; Rocket in China = 7 IPC to Russia
    Rocket in Sinkiang or India = 4 IPC damage to Caucasus

Assumed = 3.5 IPC damage on average per rocket.  Since you cannot have 0.5 IPC lost, I assumed the extra 0.5 wasted in W. USA would be applied to Caucasus just to keep the numbers even.

21 IPC in rocket damage to Russia/America isn’t too bad.  Couple that with 2-3 battleship bombardments on W. USA per round for another 6-9 IPC in lost infantry (costs you an additional 3 IPC for an infantry of your own, but so what?) and you can easily be doing 19 IPC in damage to America per round with Japan.

• Well this idea of transports firing rockets is quasi historical. You have those American special support ships that fired barrages of rockets on the coastline. Perhaps the precursor to missile guided frigates.

To upgrade transports for rockets i think it should cost 4 IPC for upgrade for each transport which loses its cargo capacity. The transports attack at 2 and defend at 1 against naval targets. So total cost is 12 IPC and takes 2 turns to make from scratch.

• According to the game rules, AA guns (or anything else) on a TRN are CARGO.  They do not participate in combat of any kind.

@ncscswitch:

According to the game rules, AA guns (or anything else) on a TRN are CARGO.  They do not participate in combat of any kind.

Rockets are not combat.  Rockets are done before the Combat Phase and after the Purchase Equipment and Roll for Technology Phases.

• Rockets ARE combat. You must declare in Combat Movement phase and do them at the very first of Conduct Combat phase. You cannot fire rockets and then move the aa gun and you cannot move a new captured aa gun.

• Official Q&A

Ranor, ncscswitch and Funcioneta are all correct for both LHTR and OOB rules, though in OOB rules you declare rocket attacks during the Combat phase rather than the Combat Movement phase.

• THanks that was all I was looking for.

• @Lmtdconv:

THanks that was all I was looking for.

What about love?

WHAT ABOUT LOVE!!!

• That is what makes those Jenforces so tough…

Aegis cruisers added to the game for the cost of 1 TRN and 1 AA gun  :roll:

• We would have lost a lot less people invading Normandy if they had Tomahawks in 1944.

@ncscswitch:

That is what makes those Jenforces so tough…

Aegis cruisers added to the game for the cost of 1 TRN and 1 AA gun  :roll:

Yea, well, the Jenforces version would be an Aegis Cruiser that runs on a nuclear generator and fires off Nuclear tipped Titan II missiles (40 per round) doing 20d6 damage each (killing units stationed in a territory, not IPC) and have a range up to 8 territories. :P

• @Nukchebi0:

We would have lost a lot less people invading Normandy if they had Tomahawks in 1944.

They had Tomahawks WAY before then.  Why would small hatchets have helped?

oops…

Oh wait…

You meant Tomahawk MISSILES
    :lol:

• I really need to take more time reading my posts and ensuring they communicate what I want them to communicate.

That being said, I’m sure the sight of millions of hatchets being hurled at them would have caused the Nazi defenders to run in fear, thereby making the invasion of Omaha Beach a much more pleasant affair than it was in real life.

@Nukchebi0:

I really need to take more time reading my posts and ensuring they communicate what I want them to communicate.

That being said, I’m sure the sight of millions of hatchets being hurled at them would have caused the Nazi defenders to run in fear, thereby making the invasion of Omaha Beach a much more pleasant affair than it was in real life.

Depends, were they sharp or dull hatchets?

• More people are hurt by dull knives than by sharp ones…

Wonder if that holds true for hatchets?  :evil:

• Assumably yes.

You do know why this is true?

• @ncscswitch:

More people are hurt by dull knives than by sharp ones…

Wonder if that holds true for hatchets?  :evil:

@Nukchebi0:

Assumably yes.

You do know why this is true?

The boring reason you learn in school is that a dull knife typically requires additional force to cut, meaning that a slip is more likely, and with more slips come more cuts.

The exciting reason (i.e. the one I thought up while smoking my crack pipe) is that sharp hatchets are only sharp for the first few cuts, after which they become somewhat dull due to chopping through bone.  Since you are unlikely to sharpen your hatchet while you are chopping someone up, or even unlikely to switch your dull hatchet to a sharper one as you race across the room to your second victim, it is LOGICAL that more people are hurt by DULL hatchets than SHARP ones.

Fear the wrath of Bunny P.

Especially when Bunny drinks a lot of wine . . .

That depends on how dull the knife is, though.  My husband’s mother has knives so dull I use her spoons to cut my food.  Lord knows the knife is completely useless!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m