• @dislikednickel:

Ooo thanks for the replies, cleared things up!  :mrgreen:

oh yes, we did the bid, i got +9 with a tank in lib, and art in japan.

Personally I’d put the artillery on Indochina or Manchuria but to each it’s own  8-)

We played part of a round earlier, and things went well for G1, except he was able to fortify the russian front lines so i felt i couldn’t safely counter attack what he took, or even attack Kar.

and you said to possibly put an IC in India, so i do that on J3? or is that possible to do on J2 if i took it over on J2? I didn’t think that was allowed.

And you are right, you can’t build an IC on a territory you just conquered on the same round. But if you manage to take India on J1 it may be possible then to build one there on J2 ;)

• oh yes, i should have put it there thinking back.

and he put a UK1 IC in india, so it was not an option anyway.  He reinforced Idia heavily, but Germany owns Africa, and will be putting pressure on India.  Also, japan manage to blitz Moscow with just 3 tanks vs 1inf+rt, and take and hold(Was just planned as a distraction and +10ipc gain, but turned out way more worth it), while he moved all his russian forces into Ukrain, stupidly.

I also am wondering about your allied units being able to move into new captured zones. say russia captured bel, R4, could UK fly in and move tanks/inf in(provided they are in range) on UK4?

• @dislikednickel:

I also am wondering about your allied units being able to move into new captured zones. say russia captured bel, R4, could UK fly in and move tanks/inf in(provided they are in range) on UK4?

Yes. Air units can land at any valid space on the beginning of that country’s round. Since Belorussia starts as belonging to the Soviets when UK starts its round it is a valid landing space.

• ok, cool.

Well we played the next turn wrong, and
    Things took a turn for the worse for Axis.  I bought 4 tanks 5 inf and 1 ftr in moscow, but he attacked with all his russian forces and took it over.  He left the russian front line defended by a good amount of uk/us ftrs only though, but owns EE, Bel, and ukr.

I was unaware of the rule that once you take over a capitol city, they are supposed to give you their money and are not allowed to buy phase or collect money anymore.

He also sneak attacked Japan, which i left too undefended.  He caught it with 3 inf +1rt and a bomb, against my 2 inf and a tank. :[

So with that scenario, i have a question, say I took Moscow with Japan, and lost Tokyo, would i be able to buy on japans turn? or do i give all my money to America and can no longer buy?

Or what if Russia took moscow back, would they be able to buy again next turn? and would they take any money from japan?

my only hope to go down through ukr, and have luck when trying to retake moscow 2 tanks+bomb vs 2 tanks, and hopefully he doesnt bring ank uk fighters back to it.

• @dislikednickel:

So with that scenario, i have a question, say I took Moscow with Japan, and lost Tokyo, would i be able to buy on japans turn? or do i give all my money to America and can no longer buy?

You’d give all Japanese money to the US and you couldn’t buy units on the next game round.

Or what if Russia took moscow back, would they be able to buy again next turn? and would they take any money from japan

If Russia retakes Moscow it can’t place any units since it will have no money and capitol to buy them at the beginning of its turn. But It will receive income at the end of its round.

• Cool, yeah i should have won that game then, since japan did manage to capture and hold moscow for an entire turn before us could get to japan.  I would have placed units in japan for sure with that extra cash.

He ended up wining the way we were playing, and next game i’m being allies for the first time.

In light of that, should UK buy an IC for india round 1? or ever buy one in India/for UK at all?  That what my friend has  been doing, granted we’ve been doing some things wrong but it seemed to work.

• @dislikednickel:

In light of that, should UK buy an IC for india round 1? or ever buy one in India/for UK at all?  That what my friend has  been doing, granted we’ve been doing some things wrong but it seemed to work.

Try sending everything against India with Japan next time you play as Axis and he builds an IC on round 1 - see what happens ;)

• haha yes,i wish i did that last game.

So do UK/allies never buy an IC?

What does the UK do about Japan IC on mainland/ invasion of India then?

• @dislikednickel:

haha yes,i wish i did that last game.

So do UK/allies never buy an IC?

What does the UK do about Japan IC on mainland/ invasion of India then?

There are Allied players who swear on the virtues on an UK1 India IC. I say, try it out, the fun is on figuring out for yourself :)

• Word, ima try without this time, and hopefully surprise attack his next time im axis  :-P.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m