• I like this game, it has good a WW1 feel to it and some nice features new to the Axis & Allies series (mines, artillery punishing amphibious assaults etc).

However in my opinion the two sides are not balanced at all, the Allies have a massive advantage.
    That is the basis of these suggestions, the assumption is the Central Powers do need help.

0a Switiching one (1)  French battleship in the Atlnatic with a British cruiser next to England and adding three (3) infantry to Russia behind the front (in S:t Petersburg)
    0b All countries can build even if heir capital is contested.

1, The US costal sea zone one (1)  costs two (2) movement points to enter. NB only to enter (not to leave).
    This will make the ferrying across the Atlantic slower.

2, India has limited build capabilities.
    My suggestion is only infantry units can be built plus maximum the current turn number of other units (1 on turn 1, 2 on turn 2 etc). In effect only a limitation early.
    More easy whould be say maximum of 20 or 18 IPCS per turn spent in India.

3, Germany can build units in Hannover, Austria-Hungary in Budapest and the Ottomans in Ankara
    If it seems to much perhaps limit these extra building sites like India per 2 above.

I am not new to this game but interrested in hearing what other players think about this

• Afternoon.
    Most of us on than forum agree with you about balance and a need to amend  things . Your ideas have been used by many here, including myself . (I am not sure I would restrict the US naval reinforcemt, as you suggest.) Germany Having a second factory would certainly help amd I won’t play a game if one of those French Battleships isn’t removed.
    I hope your play group will try out your ideas.

• Add German CA in SZ26
    Change RU CA to SS in SZ21.
    Change OE CA to TR is SZ20.
    Russian cannot attack OE on turn 1, and not subject to mines in SZ20.
    Allow TR to absorb a mine hit by loss of a load.
    Add German SS to SZ18.
    Germany can mobilize infantry in Munich.
    Switzerland is IMPASSABLE.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m