Getting Bored of this Board . . .

• Is it just me, or has the discussion level really dropped off lately?  I normally blow off thread discussions that strike me as lame, but THERE AREN’T EVEN THAT MANY LAME THREAD DISCUSSIONS ANYMORE!!

Where is everyone?  Reading the last Potter book?  If so, they’re taking too long … I finished it last night.  :-D

So in the interest of jump-starting a few discussions, I offer these observations in no particular order.  Sound off on any of them you please:

**** Does anyone want to place an over/under bet on whether Lohan gets more or less jail time than Hilton?

**** Speaking of betting, I’d be willing to “bet” there’s more than one NBA ref. betting on the games . . .

**** Michael Vick should be locked in a room full of hungry pit bills, the bastard!

**** Ratatoille was actually a decent movie . . . for an animated feature.  :lol:

**** Speaking of movies, it is WAY to expensive to go the movies these days.  Can you get into and out of the theater for less than $50 bucks (or, in my case, $100)?  Jeez!

**** Catherine Zeta-Jones is the HOTTEST woman on the planet!  :-D

Discussions, anyone?

• 2007 AAR League

I’d be willing to “bet” there’s more than one NBA ref. betting on how much time Donaghy is going to get.

And no, Michael Vick should NOT be locked in a room full of hungry pit bulls. He should be considered innocent until PROVEN guilty and given a fair trial, followed by a guilty verdict, followed by a drawing and quartering. In a room full of hungry pit bulls, the bastard!

Finally, Jennifer Esposito is the HOTTEST woman on the planet! (just got done watching a DVR’d rerun of Spin City). No wait, Jennifer Connelly is the HOTTEST woman on the planet! No wait, Tyra Banks is the HOTTEST woman on… No, Jaime Pressley is the HOTTEST… No, Denise Richards… Aw screw it.

• 2007 AAR League

@Gamer:

Is it just me, or has the discussion level really dropped off lately?  I normally blow off thread discussions that strike me as lame, but THERE AREN’T EVEN THAT MANY LAME THREAD DISCUSSIONS ANYMORE!!

Where is everyone?  Reading the last Potter book?  If so, they’re taking too long … I finished it last night.  :-D

So in the interest of jump-starting a few discussions, I offer these observations in no particular order.  Sound off on any of them you please:

**** Does anyone want to place an over/under bet on whether Lohan gets more or less jail time than Hilton?

**** Speaking of betting, I’d be willing to “bet” there’s more than one NBA ref. betting on the games . . .

**** Michael Vick should be locked in a room full of hungry pit bills, the bastard!

**** Ratatoille was actually a decent movie . . . for an animated feature.  :lol:

**** Speaking of movies, it is WAY to expensive to go the movies these days.  Can you get into and out of the theater for less than $50 bucks (or, in my case, $100)?  Jeez!

Discussions, anyone?

I do not want to bet on jail time for Lohan
    I’m sure there are more refs betting on games
    Michael Vick should be locked in a room full of pitbulls
    I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry was a very funny movie
    10.25 a movie plus $10 for popcorn and soda :|
    I haven’t seen every woman on the planet so i can’t judge :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’ve been busy. :P  I know I opened a lot of threads daily back when, but that was before I actually had to work. Ya know, I do go to Summer School to get my next Masters.  Not like during the year when all I do is teach algebra and geometry to runny nosed little kid teenagers. :P

• @Gamer:

I don’t really care.  They don’t deserve their spotlight.  I’d like to bet that they both go out in flames because I don’t see their behavior changing - they don’t have to.

Wow, hadn’t heard that.

I find this whole thing weird.  I don’t agree with dog fighting, but this guy plays a sport where they bash the hell out of each other and people are worried about dogs that fight.  While eating cheeseburgers and hotdogs and stuff. A bit confusing to me. 
    Your idea is a good one, though.

It actually did seem good by the previews.
    I’m looking forward to Paprika though, it just opened in a nearby theater.

I don’t go see movies that often, and can usually wait to rent them or borrow them.  $50 sounds way too much…I could go with a date for probably half that.
    Although, it depends on the theater.  If we go to the independent local theater, which serves beer, I probably could spend $50 easily.  Except that I know the people that work there, and they usually hook me up. There is another theater that serves food and drinks while you watch, and I did spend around $60 there for drinks, entree, appetizer and 2 tickets to see Knocked Up.

Ok, she is pretty hot, but she seems like a total bitch, which turns me off.  And I think all the women U-505 named are attractive too, but I’d rather have a realistic girl - as in, one that’s not bathed in fame.  I think they are hotter and much cooler (usually).

• @U-505:

I’d be willing to “bet” there’s more than one NBA ref. betting on how much time Donaghy is going to get.

And no, Michael Vick should NOT be locked in a room full of hungry pit bulls. He should be considered innocent until PROVEN guilty and given a fair trial, followed by a guilty verdict, followed by a drawing and quartering. In a room full of hungry pit bulls, the bastard!

Finally, Jennifer Esposito is the HOTTEST woman on the planet! (just got done watching a DVR’d rerun of Spin City). No wait, Jennifer Connelly is the HOTTEST woman on the planet! No wait, Tyra Banks is the HOTTEST woman on… No, Jaime Pressley is the HOTTEST… No, Denise Richards… Aw screw it.

Angelina Jolie ain’t so bad either.  :wink: :-D

• @Jermofoot:

@Gamer:

I find this whole thing weird.  I don’t agree with dog fighting, but this guy plays a sport where they bash the hell out of each other and people are worried about dogs that fight.  While eating cheeseburgers and hotdogs and stuff. A bit confusing to me. 
    Your idea is a good one, though.

Jerma, are you a vegan or something?  If so, I always like to ask vegans: (1) what do they wear for shoes (leather, perhaps?), and (2) at what point exactly did it become immoral to eat other animals, considering (a) it historically was necessary for survival, (b) we evolved to the point we are today eating meat, and © there are STILL people starving in the world.

And dog fighting is clearly different from killing animals for food.  Dog fighting is purely for sport and involves not only the dogs fighting each other, but, if you had followed the news, the slaughter of numerous dogs in brutal execution style (including slamming one on the ground, “allegedly”) who were deemed not fit to fight.  This kind of sport has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, which is why it is, and should be, illegal.  A pampered superstar like Vick belongs in strip clubs and bars, with the rest of the overpaid jocks, not slaughtering defenseless animals.

• @Gamer:

Jerma, are you a vegan or something?  If so, I always like to ask vegans: (1) what do they wear for shoes (leather, perhaps?), and (2) at what point exactly did it become immoral to eat other animals, considering (a) it historically was necessary for survival, (b) we evolved to the point we are today eating meat, and © there are STILL people starving in the world.

And dog fighting is clearly different from killing animals for food.  Dog fighting is purely for sport and involves not only the dogs fighting each other, but, if you had followed the news, the slaughter of numerous dogs in brutal execution style (including slamming one on the ground, “allegedly”) who were deemed not fit to fight.  This kind of sport has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, which is why it is, and should be, illegal.  A pampered superstar like Vick belongs in strip clubs and bars, with the rest of the overpaid jocks, not slaughtering defenseless animals.

Nope, not a vegan.  Was a vegetarian for quite some time, and still eat that way mostly.  If I do eat meat, it’s the best you can find (local, ASH free, free range organic sometimes).  I do know a lot of vegans (and not all are so opinionated), and there is a large contingent of vegans at my work, so I can agree with them often.
    To answer your questions:

1. There are quite a few vegan options for shoes.  Usually they are expensive.  Plenty of vegan shoe websites out there to choose from.
    2. It’s not immoral.  But how many animals are raised for food is unethical.  I’m not telling you that you can’t eat meat…
        a) It’s not necessary to eat animals for survival, otherwise there’d be no vegans or vegetarians.  :-)  Historically…I don’t know.  We’ve got omnivorous traits, so it’s a bit ambiguous.
        b) Yeah, but you can survive on a vegetarian diet, whereas a carnivorous diet will kill you.
        c)  Which is quite an argument AGAINST eating meat.  Do you know how much energy is involved in beefing up a cow?  If I recall correctly, it takes 17-18 pounds of produce to create 1 pound of meat.

I agree with you on the dog fighting thing.  I just find it funny that it’s so much concern.  What if he had been eating those dogs?  I bet the uproar would be the same.  I’m not about to raise hell about it, I just point it out and chuckle.

How many animals would go extinct if we, as a population, stopped raising them for food?

When trapped in the wilderness, you are advised to eat wildlife, not plantlife.  Why is that?  Oh yea, meat has more calories pound for pound then plants and most meat won’t kill you in a horribly painful way.  Also, without meat, we would not have the brains we do.  Vegetarian animals are quite dimwitted.  Carnivores are generally more intelligent.

Of course, in a pinch, you can survive on iceberg lettuce for a few weeks.  But you can survive for years and year and years on nothing but animals you kill.  Get hydration and nutrition from the carcases, as well as items usable as tools and protection from the elements.  Dunno, last time I checked, you couldn’t get that from a head of lettuce.

• 2007 AAR League

@Gamer:

Can’t quite put my finger on it, but there’s something about Angelina that dulls up the shine on the apple a bit. She’d still get the “not being thrown out of bed for eating crackers” treatment, though.  8-)

@Jermofoot:

Ok, she is pretty hot, but she seems like a total b****, which turns me off.  And I think all the women U-505 named are attractive too, but I’d rather have a realistic girl - as in, one that’s not bathed in fame.  I think they are hotter and much cooler (usually).

Yes, but we were talking about the hottest women, not the most desireable. I believe that desireability is defined far more by what kind of person the woman is rather than physical beauty. It’s just bonus if they have a nice insert your favorite female body part here.

Still, it makes good fantasy material to think that the pictures of those famous women that you see aren’t airbrushed for flawlessness, they possess all of the qualities that you desire, and that a geek like me could charm their pants off if only I bumped into them as they were just happening to pass though backwoods Mississippi. They would have to put in that much effort to find me, too, because I’m waaaay too full of myself and lazy to be a stalker.  :-D

• @Jennifer:

How many animals would go extinct if we, as a population, stopped raising them for food?

How nice…
    That’s like saying that American Indians aren’t thanking us enough for deciding not to completely eliminate them.

When trapped in the wilderness, you are advised to eat wildlife, not plantlife.  Why is that?  Oh yea, meat has more calories pound for pound then plants and most meat won’t kill you in a horribly painful way.  Also, without meat, we would not have the brains we do.  Vegetarian animals are quite dimwitted.  Carnivores are generally more intelligent.

I’ve never heard this.
    Also, it’s entirely possible to fuel your brain appropriately without meat.

Of course, in a pinch, you can survive on iceberg lettuce for a few weeks.  But you can survive for years and year and years on nothing but animals you kill.  Get hydration and nutrition from the carcases, as well as items usable as tools and protection from the elements.  Dunno, last time I checked, you couldn’t get that from a head of lettuce.

Since when were we talking about wilderness survival?
    You can’t survive on animals only.  You simply can’t, Jenn, not for a lifetime anyway.  Just like you can’t get hydration from them, except, perhaps, drinking their pee.  And that’s only in an emergency and not to be sustained.  Otherwise you’d hear advice along the lines of “drink 64 ounces of water a day, or 8 ounces and a steak.”

@U-505:

Yes, but we were talking about the hottest women, not the most desireable. I believe that desireability is defined far more by what kind of person the woman is rather than physical beauty. It’s just bonus if they have a nice insert your favorite female body part here.

Hotness to me involves more than just the physical.  Mannerisms, sense of humor, interests, etc., all attribute to hotness.  Physical attractiveness weighs in a lot more than those other things, but someone who is pretty yet stupid, stuck up, and bitchy is not hot all at all.

Still, it makes good fantasy material to think that the pictures of those famous women that you see aren’t airbrushed for flawlessness, they possess all of the qualities that you desire, and that a geek like me could charm their pants off if only I bumped into them as they were just happening to pass though backwoods Mississippi. They would have to put in that much effort to find me, too, because I’m waaaay too full of myself and lazy to be a stalker.  :-D

If we are talking about fantasies, then that’s a different ball game.  :-D

• In Richmond, VA they are selling Tshirts that have “Ignorance Breeds Ignorance.  Neuter Michael Vick!” written on them!

He goes to court today.

• Jermofoot brought back the part two Anti- france thread. Thats a silly thread. I admit it. we could start some fun in that. I still have alot of ammo from the last Anti- french crusade.

• @U-505:

@Gamer:

Can’t quite put my finger on it, but there’s something about Angelina that dulls up the shine on the apple a bit. She’d still get the “not being thrown out of bed for eating crackers” treatment, though.  8-)

Ironically, and I kid you not, I just met with a (new) client who bears a very striking resemblance to Ms. Jolie.  Heck, I just called my buddy who referred her and thanked him!  Of course, on the not-so-hot side, she rambles on a bit, making conversation somewhat challenging.  But on the plus side, she was very good about looking you directly in the eyes and smiling, and for my money, a hot girl looking you in the eyes and smiling is (almost) as good as it gets!  :-D

• OMG, I totally forgot Jessica Alba:  :-o

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well, we all know that Jermo never went through survival training!

Hydration from Animals: Drink their blood.  It’s also high in iron, yum!

You also can survive an entire lifetime on nothing but animal flesh.  You can survive on nothing but plant flesh, but you’ll suffer mentally, physically and bio-chemically due to improper nutrition.  Sorry, but there’s plenty of things you just cannot get from plants.  However, animals eat plants, thus, you get all the plant goodness from the flesh of the animal + the nutrition from what they turned that goodness into as well.

As for some animals not going extinct, it’s more then that.  Without humans we would have:

No Cows (like they can survive in the wild?)
    No Chickens
    No Pigs (hogs yes, pigs no)

Most fish would be gone.  We not only farm fish, but we create most the hybrids people like today like Striped Bass, etc.

That’s just the most obvious, most platant examples of wildlife that would not exist if we did not eat them.

• 2007 AAR League

You know Jermo I don’t think the Native Americans have thanked us enough for not wiping them out

• @Gamer:

Is it just me, or has the discussion level really dropped off lately?  I normally blow off thread discussions that strike me as lame, but THERE AREN’T EVEN THAT MANY LAME THREAD DISCUSSIONS ANYMORE!!

Discussions, anyone?

1.  Currently reading The Boat of a Million Years by Poul Anderson
    2.  Lohan will get close to a year, more than Paris.  Give it 5:1 odds of 9-12 months
    3.  I am sure there are, using proxies
    4.  Michael Vick should be tried by a jury of his VICTIMS peers. The idea of putting him in a pit with 12 highly trained fighting dogs (with 4 alternates) sounds pretty viable  :evil:
    5.  Just saw Transformers, not bad (but not great either)
    6.  Yes, you can go for under $20.  Just don;t stop at the snack bar and go n the afternoon.
    7.  For those who said Angelina… before she got so freaking thin I would have agreed but right now she looks sick.  Rita Hayworth in her prime (as Gilda)… now THAT is hot!

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

7.  For those who said Angelina… before she got so freaking thin I would have agreed but right now she looks sick.  Rita Hayworth in her prime (as Gilda)… now THAT is hot!

I agree … a girl has got to have some meat on her bones

• If I wanted to have sex with a skeleton, I would break into a biology lab and steal theirs.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m