• ok fine. lets do it.

• Tekkyy:

when are you gonna post the grammar changes to the text for 4.0? I sent a list of what the others have found and we need to get this clear and finished up.

• IL:

Once the text changes are finished, I will complete the NA cards and NA outlines I began a few weeks ago.

I’ve also been following your forums and summaries and the AA50 rules and proposed house rules.  Are you looking to add any of these rules in AARHE?  Or were you taking the best of AARHE and improving AA50?

• ok I added the wolf pack change

sorry IL can you link the post of grammer changes
    (use quote but remove the contents to do a “link”)

• ok fine. i hope you fixed the other grammar issues.  remember the NA for japan or Italy 7 and 8 run together.

• oh I found it, its Italy

anything else?

• Question:  National Advantages

The first item is standard. Then at beginning of first 5 game rounds, each player randomly selects an item.
    The randomly selected items are secret to enemy team and come into effect immediately when the player
    reveals it any time in the game.

…huh?

• Yes you randomly pick the card and play it at any point of your turn, while some cards offer defensive bonus, which you reveal during combat to present the surprise factor as the defender. It works quite well.

• I don’t understand the “5 rounds” thing…?

Nor do I understand the whole “Technology transfer box” thing.  You can just give a free box of tech to an ally, while keeping your own?

If I’m not going to use all the optional units, should I just use none of them?  The only ones I wanted to use were the self propelled artillery and heavy tanks (i’d designate by putting a control marker under the tank/artillery) since those are related to technology.

• I don’t understand the “5 rounds” thing…?

you select one card at random for the next 5 turns. To have 5 cards to play at once is too overwhelming.

By turn 6 you have 5 randomly selected NA’s. You can play them right away, on the opponents turn, latter, or even never play them. Its your choice.

Nor do I understand the whole “Technology transfer box” thing.  You can just give a free box of tech to an ally, while keeping your own?

If you as the allies manage to develop one technology level or more, you can assign ONE level to another partner, except UK and USA don’t share with Russia and vice versa. Its extremely simple.

ON say turn 2 Germany develops 1 level heavy tanks, 1 level jets… they elect to transfer ONE Jet tech to Japan. They can transfer one level to one nation per side per round ( round = all your partner nations playing one turn)

If I’m not going to use all the optional units, should I just use none of them?  The only ones I wanted to use were the self propelled artillery and heavy tanks (i’d designate by putting a control marker under the tank/artillery) since those are related to technology.

If you use the ones you listed you should also play with fighter bombers, because they are integral to heavy tanks.

I would use mech infantry as well. To designate you use the Revised tanks for normal tanks and the AA bulge tanks for heavy.

SPA can be the old AA gun or the milton bradley tank which is different looking.

To PLay AARHE you probably need the Original AA from milton Bradley and the Revised set. thats about it.

MB bomber is the transport plane
    MB Battleship is the cruiser
    MB fighter is fighter bomber
    MB sub is super subs
    jet fighter is buy some 1/700 tumbling dice planes
    MB tank is mech infantry

etc…

• So, in the first round, you have the first NA, then up till round 5, you draw a random NA each time?  It says that the first one is standard I believe.

About historical history conditions…

Establish Lebenstraum ~ End the game in control of Western Europe, Germany, Southern Europe, Norway,
    Eastern Europe, Balkans, Switzerland (if not neutral) and Spain (if not neutral).

Isn’t that the first round?  Or is this saying, when the game is over, if you have control of those territories, you win?  What is the point of that, if the game is already over…?

• So, in the first round, you have the first NA, then up till round 5, you draw a random NA each time?  It says that the first one is standard I believe.

yea you got it. Its really easy and we dont load you up with too many cards because that would take too long to make decisions.

About historical history conditions…

Establish Lebenstraum ~ End the game in control of Western Europe, Germany, Southern Europe, Norway,
    Eastern Europe, Balkans, Switzerland (if not neutral) and Spain (if not neutral).

Isn’t that the first round?  Or is this saying, when the game is over, if you have control of those territories, you win?  What is the point of that, if the game is already over…?

LOL ….no that’s not it. You have to satisfy the ACTUAL war conditions as well PLUS these. I suppose it says this somewhere. The idea is to allow the possibility of say one axis player to win its own war, while its partner may actually lose the game, so basically you no longer win as a team and can win individually.

Historically the war was 4 sides: Germany ,Soviet Union, UK/ USA and Japan and the only thing in common was destroying the common enemy. each group had its own design in the post war. It was entirely possible for the axis to have Germany win its war with Russia and USA to wipe the floor with Japan. This rule allows 1st, 2nd , 3rd etc. place results.

• Tekkyy : please make this clear in the 1939 file. I notice its not explained how these work. lets discuss.

• Tekkyy? where are you? wake up.

• @Imperious:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12105.0

oh
    thought we were talking about grammar fixes

anyway that list is a list of issues and needed clarifications
    first item

1. issues on terrain benefits and how they effect naval invasions.

its going to be difficult for me to track down the posts of the related discussion

prioritise and bring up one issue at a time
    post the question again or link a post

@Imperious:

Tekkyy : please make this clear in the 1939 file. I notice its not explained how these work. lets discuss.

ah yes the national victory
    they are just used for assessment rather than ending a game
    (ending a game follows non-optional portion of AARHE rules)
    just because Japan reaches its goals, it doesn’t make the war in Europe ends

anyway I don’t have the time to maintain the 1939 file
    its a doc file
    just edit it
    and email it to me and I put it on my webspace

• Hurray Tekkyy is here!!! finally man glad to see you back!

oh
    thought we were talking about grammar fixes

anyway that list is a list of issues and needed clarifications
    first item

1. issues on terrain benefits and how they effect naval invasions.
      its going to be difficult for me to track down the posts of the related discussion

prioritise and bring up one issue at a time
    post the question again or link a post

Quote from: Imperious Leader on October 06, 2008, 10:05:13 pm
    Tekkyy : please make this clear in the 1939 file. I notice its not explained how these work. lets discuss.
    ah yes the national victory
    they are just used for assessment rather than ending a game
    (ending a game follows non-optional portion of AARHE rules)
    just because Japan reaches its goals, it doesn’t make the war in Europe ends

AS you can see some of these need work. They are too easy for say Germany to get them done. They have no viability if they are just useless ideas that have no effect on victory. Perhaps we should tweek them as alternative victory conditions or provide IPC bonus for occupation like AA50 does.

anyway I don’t have the time to maintain the 1939 file
    its a doc file
    just edit it
    and email it to me and I put it on my webspace

I can do this, but the problems are with the 4.0 and not the 1939 file.

• also their is a thread specifically dealing with the list of issues to be fixed for 4.0.

lets get these done first.

• AS you can see some of these need work. They are too easy for say Germany to get them done.

too easy?
    besides Seize Mideast Oil all of them are like end game situations and can’t be achieved early game

They have no viability if they are just useless ideas that have no effect on victory.

national victory conditions are a guage of national success

how else do you want to use them?
    should war in Europe end when war in Asia is won by Japan

its a complex combination of team, national, city, income victory condtions, and also limited-turns game
    depends what you want

I can do this, but the problems are with the 4.0 and not the 1939 file.

my comment was regarding changes to 1939 that you would like

ah, yes
    thats also what I quoted in my last post

those are not grammar/wording changes or specific adjustments that I can just go to do
    and my reply was bring up one item as a time, discussing them in the existing thread if discussion started already

AS you can see some of these need work. They are too easy for say Germany to get them done.
    too easy?
    besides Seize Mideast Oil all of them are like end game situations and can’t be achieved early game

They are easier to achieve than the normal VC. I don’t see the value in them because we have victory conditions, and these most likely would be easy to also achieve if your close to victory. I would at least add some text to how they are played to make them relevant to 4.0

They have no viability if they are just useless ideas that have no effect on victory.
    national victory conditions are a gauge of national success

yes but if they have no formal duty, they are just fluff

how else do you want to use them?
    should war in Europe end when war in Asia is won by Japan

Yes that was the idea with them originally, it should be possible for one axis nation to win and the other to fail, so partnerships dont need to take place to the extent they do under our current VC. THAT was the entire point of historical victory conditions. I feel we need to make a batter effort to tie this together to give it vitality and drive this point home.

those are not grammar/wording changes or specific adjustments that I can just go to do
    and my reply was bring up one item as a time, discussing them in the existing thread if discussion started already

yes lets begin this… pick one at a time. Old salty and Biergaden brought these up

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m