• And I hardly noticed it :)

Holy Moly!

Congrats!

• Oh Yanny (shakes his head). . . when will we stop celebrating these meaningless little milestones?
    :mrgreen:

Never!

:-)

• Yup. That’s a lot of posts. Congrats :P.

• I said I would not discuss this topic until I hit 5000 :-P

• Somebody should repost that chap who like posted 200 hundred in a day… one of the mods was putting me in stiches… i was laughing so hard i cried… if a portion of this exchange was posted it would be fantastic!

If somebody knows what his name was… ill do it.

Ask and ye shall receive…

I present to you…STRONGBAD1988

His last post:

i’m leavin, this site is too boring, and the moderators keep telling me that my posts are stupid, and to slow down and stuff. remember this post well, beacuse it will be deleted (by evil moderators who desire above all else to destroy people who are walking endorsements to really funny websites). i just want people to remember the 400+ posts in like 2 weeks and the 25+ posts per day (which happened to be good posts too) i doubt they will ever be equaled.

And for more hilarity, the thread where he responds to himself…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=1312.msg23406#msg23406

• Please don’t mention Strongbad…

• Eh, he’s lame… 25 a day for 2 weeks?  Pfft…  18 a day for nearly 7 months :-P

It is a marathon, not a sprint :-P

@Yanny:

Please don’t mention Strongbad…

Sorry Yanny.  :-)

I don’t know why but I still find him to be pretty funny.  I checked his Profile and 90% of his posts are like 2 lines talking about posts counts etc.

I probably find him funny cause I wasn’t modding at the time like you and CC.  :-)

• Um… not to beat a dead horse on the post count thing, but we have a LOT of folks that are very active and are sticking around.

CC is already near 6000.  And I think we have a full page of folks over 1000.

Might we want to figure out how to set a few “ranks” above Heavy Bomber?

10,000 Posts:  Soviet Union
    15,000 Posts:  Imperial Japan
    20,000 Posts:  British Empire
    25,000 Posts:  Third Reich
    30,000 Posts:  United States
    (ranks based on income)

And finally… 50,000:  Manhatan Project…

Just a thought…

• Something to strive for Switch?

• LOL, not really.  I just want WINGS again (sorry, that USAFA thing dies hard… and I am still looking for that USAFA Avatar :-P)

But, since the site does have those posting rankings, and since we are getting a lot of folks with some high numbers, perhaps adding a few more levels, and perhaps also putting a “sticky” somewhere (Forum Discussion perhaps?) of what those “Infantry” and “Submarine” things mean might be beneficial.

We do have a lot of new members, and nearly 4000 total.

And to be honest… for some folks, that ranking thing IS an incentive to participate.

We already have folks saying that they prefer to play their games here instead of Flames… and for folks motivated by their “ranking”, we might be able to use that sense of accomplishment for hitting Tank or whatever to help promote more folks gaming on site…

just a thought…

• @Yanny:

Please don’t mention Strongbad…

yeah, this kid hurt my head.
    him and that tigertank guy.

No they were fun lil detours. I don’t think the site would be quite the same without them :roll:

Congrats Yanny you earned. Just don’t tell your prof. at PC! BTW I just past Dzrt with this post. Do you think I am on a roll?

GG

• Um…  Don’t kill me for not holding to my earlier commitment…

4000…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m