• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I agree in theory, CC, however after the 30th infantry that dies without a single hit, the game does start to lean drastically to the attacker.

• 2007 AAR League

Jennifer - it appears to me that you base your strategy entirely on a subjective perception of what you have experienced, while refusing to listen to solid mathematical proof that should guide strategy. Eg. you are convinced that certain dice rollers are biased for certain types of units, in the face of experimental rolls that demonstrate there is no bias. You are convinced that SBRs are a great weapon despite irrefutable math about how the must work out over time. And now you are convinced that defending Inf don’t hit as often as the math says they should.

I don’t get it. But I’d love to play you sometime and test my theory against your experience…

• Yea you two should take this ‘match’ to the proper game forum as well.

• 2007 AAR League

Hey, I think I just got moderated  :-o

Yep, that is the term… Now drag yourself little self over there!  :-D

@froodster:

Hey, I think I just got moderated  :-o

I’ll take you up on your offer.  And yes, I do go more off the subjective “this has worked for me/against me in the past” more seriously then a calculator.  Calculators are cold and, well, if you’ll excuse the pun, calculating.  They don’t take into account luck, they only show the average result.

I’m not saying they don’t have a place in teh game!  (I used to say they ruined the game, but I’ve come to use them myself.)  But I don’t want to base my strategy off the hope that the dice will fall where the calculator says it will fall.

And, if we extrapolate further, the calculator cannot tell you what to buy or what your oppionent is going to buy. (When it can I’ll pit my laptop against any of your crummy systems! :P Dominque here will kick your rosey imperialistic arses! hehe.)

• 2007 AAR League

Every time I post in this thread it increases my post count, so therefore I think each post is on topic in this thread  :lol:

Jennifer, my wife will kill me if I start a second game before finishing my current one. If you are interested in my 2x2 challenge though to start in January you can have a spot in that.  I’ll continue this over in the “seeking opponents” forum. We’ll call it “Experience v. Theory”

Sign me up.  I’m getting incredibly better then I was in the 2 v 2 tourny…learned a little from Switch, learning A LOT from JSP and Sankt, and little bits here and there from other players.

• @froodster:

Jennifer, my wife will kill me if I start a second game before finishing my current one. If you are interested in my 2x2 challenge though to start in January you can have a spot in that.Â

ok - who’s whipped?  Come on now - hands up . . . :D

I’ll join you in your 2x2 tourney.  In fact, i wouldn’t mind siding with you frrroooodygoodness.  Its about time i got my A&AR freak-on.

• 2007 AAR League

Well then post over in the “Theory v. Experience” game topic. I didn’t think this dance card would fill up so fast…

Whipped, eh? well my wife has been starting to resent washing dishes while I am hunched over my laptop scheming the demise of DarthMaximus. Much like I recall your GF tidying your kitchen last weekend while we had our sortie at your house… She probably wouldn’t be as jolly about it after 5 nights in a row…

We’ll have to rename this game from “Theory v. Experience” to Winnipeg takes on THE WORLD! Bwuahahahaha! :evil: But this is for the other thread, before I get moderated again  :-o

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m