• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Will the two copies I bought, have enough pieces, or do I need to purchase more units? :-)

Thanks,

John

• Morning John.
    If you only intend playing one game at a time, then two sets are ample.
    Enjoy your games!

• Enjoy, John!

From what I’ve heard in the community, it has mixed-taste reviews.  However, I love the game.  Though, I am a hardcore A&A fanboy, so Larry can do no wrong.  That, and I am a huge history buff.

Thanks guys! I love all military history. I just wanted to make sure I had enough pieces. :-D

Thanks again!

John

• Customizer

I recommend playing with chips rather than land units. Use different coloured chips for different unit types, with just the single required infantry on top of each stack.

Otherwise the western front just gets too crowded. There’s barely room for a stack for each nation, never mind for each unit type.

Mix chips from your other sets; I use:

white/grey = infantry
    red = artillery
    yellow/green = tanks
    blue = planes

@Flashman:

I recommend playing with chips rather than land units. Use different coloured chips for different unit types, with just the single required infantry on top of each stack.

Otherwise the western front just gets too crowded. There’s barely room for a stack for each nation, never mind for each unit type.

Mix chips from your other sets; I use:

white/grey = infantry
    red = artillery
    yellow/green = tanks
    blue = planes

Thanks for the advice Flashman. I will keep that in mind, because I bought a bunch of chips. I could put them to good use. :-)

• Customizer

Of course it easier if you can find all the chips you need in the same old style.

@Flashman:

Of course it easier if you can find all the chips you need in the same old style.

Yes, it would be easier for sure. :-D

• It’s a great game. It is a masterpiece board game.

• John, I’ve been pleased with HBG’s selection and prices for supplemental pieces which are exact matches for each game.  The only issue is that they are swamped with business and out of stock for some things at times.  However, they do have email notifiers of when they restock.  They’re good people, there.

@Muscleape:

It’s a great game. It is a masterpiece board game.

Thanks! I’m glad to hear this. :-D

@WraithZer0:

John, I’ve been pleased with HBG’s selection and prices for supplemental pieces which are exact matches for each game.  The only issue is that they are swamped with business and out of stock for some things at times.  However, they do have email notifiers of when they restock.  They’re good people, there.

WraithZerO, I just now saw your response. Thanks for the info. I’m fully aware of HBG’s selection of 3D pieces.

They have a vast array of pieces, and will be making more as time goes on.

I can’t wait till they complete their 1914 map. I think it will be great.

In fact just bought the Russian battleships today.

Thanks again for the info. :-)

• My pleasure, John.  I love this game.  I, too, am looking forward to their map’s completion.

• Customizer

Looks like they’ve made the same mistake as Larry with the Greece/Bulgarian border.

Should somebody tell them?

Prefer impassable Congo Jungle

Hungary: why no Slovakia or Transylvania but lots of tiny tts on the Adriatic?

• I have noticed a few mistakes, as well, Flash.  I think there is someone on these forums who works there.  Maybe they will pick up on it.  It is still in production.  There are some typos in the rulebooks, etc., also.  I am also not happy with the addition of bombers and tactical bombers.  Maybe they could substitute both for zeppelins, which were used to bomb England and others.  Either way, this something is better than nothing.

@WraithZer0:

I have noticed a few mistakes, as well, Flash.  I think there is someone on these forums who works there.  Maybe they will pick up on it.  It is still in production.  There are some typos in the rulebooks, etc., also.  I am also not happy with the addition of bombers and tactical bombers.  Maybe they could substitute both for zeppelins, which were used to bomb England and others.  Either way, this something is better than nothing.

There is a rulebook for HBG’s map?

Unless someone tells them there is mistake, they won’t know it. Their phone number is on their website.

• If you “order” the map, it comes with a jpeg of the current full map and pdfs of the layouts, unit descriptions, and instructions/rules.  It’s free, but requires a checkout.

@WraithZer0:

If you “order” the map, it comes with a jpeg of the current full map and pdfs of the layouts, unit descriptions, and instructions/rules.  It’s free, but requires a checkout.

Ok, that is cool, but I will probably wait till they get the physical map done. It is cool that they make it for free for players. :-)

Thanks WraithZer0.

• Me, too.  No problem!

• Customizer

I dropped them a message. Hopefully they will fix Greece-Bulgaria & the Hungarian eastern borders.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Austria_Hungary_ethnic.svg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m