Defeating the Italian Fleet?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I had a hell of a time with it last game… spent my focus on holding Calcutta with max troop placement (Failed).

Next game I’m UK, it’s going to be the typical placements in Greece/Yugo, and a complex build in Cairo - with DST blockers out.

Then it’s 2 inf and a ship a turn, and 2 inf/tran a turn from SAF.

If you can hold Italy out of Cairo and match their fleet, they are doomed.

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

The UK player tonight blew it in the med as far as I am concerned.

He abandoned the Greek fleet after the Greko/Yugo activation. I think he should have fought it out (just the way Wild Bill has thought it out in another post). He also blew it by not bringing the UK SS and DD from Gib. into the med along with the FF BB he got from the Vichy roll. He could have made a s@@@@y Italian situation in the med. at lot worse.

I think your Cairo strat is sound as long as the Germans are not in a position to intervene in the med (as they are in the game I’m currently involved in). If that Cairo IC falls and is held, coupled with a Tobruk IC…“you go in the cage, cage goes in the watah, Shahhrk is in the watah…”

• Sounds like Italy needs frogmen to be their inf special, that way they could be the sharks out side the tank in the Med :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m