New to game (Movement Questions)

• So me and a buddy have played twice and I was looking for a couple of rules on movements.

1. Does flying from say midway to western US count as 1 movement or 2?

2. If a plane is attacking Australia does it attack all troops on land and sea or just land?

Any help on this would be appreciated thanks.

• Hi c.rogers. It is 3 moves to Midway from W. US. You count one in to each Sea Zone, then one more on to the island itself.
    If you attack a land territory you only attack the units on it.
    If you attack a Sea Zone you attack the Naval units instead.
    I hope that is clear enough.

• Thank you very much. Maybe the next game will be a little less arguing, lol.

• @c.rogers8705:

Thank you very much. Maybe the next game will be a little less arguing, lol.

I’ve had so many games which result in arguing, it really takes the fun out of it!  I find it best to read through the entire rule book before the game out loud.  It’s not very fun at first but it’s well worth it!

• I also have a couple questions about movement…

1. Do units have to move their total move count? Example the tanks moves 2 spaces? Can I only move it 1 if I want?

2. Can you use as many units as you want each phase?

• 1: No, you can move or not move them their maximum amount, feel free to move a tank one, an infantry 0, a plane 4 and a bomber 2. Just don’t go over and you’re fine.

2: Any units you have on the map at the start of your turn may be used, there is no minimum or maximum amount of units that can or cannot be used.

Also, do you live in Utah or you just a Jazz fan living somewhere else lol?

• So if I do move them, as long as I move them there max amount or less I’m good?

I live in St. George. It’s in southwest utah.

• TripleA '12

Hi UtahJazzfan8. To clarify, each unit in the game may use up to its maximum movement allowance in either the Combat Move phase or Noncombat Move phase. However, air units that used some of their movement allowance during the Combat Move phase usually have to use some or all of their remaining movement during the Noncombat Move phase (unless they remain in the embattled sea zone in order to land on an Aircraft Carrier. Hope that helps?

• @UtahJazzfan8:

So if I do move them, as long as I move them there max amount or less I’m good?

I live in St. George. It’s in southwest utah.

Yeah basically, and what the other guy just added.

Lucky, my favorite place in the world is Southern Utah. How’s the weather? I’m stuck in the god forsaken igloo that is north-central Utah lol.

• Weather sucks here also. It’s been windy and rainy… probably in the mid 30s right now!!!  :-P

Thanks for the tips. I’m hoping to start my first game of A&A tomorrow after work.

• @UtahJazzfan8:

Weather sucks here also. It’s been windy and rainy… probably in the mid 30s right now!!!  :-P

Thanks for the tips. I’m hoping to start my first game of A&A tomorrow after work.

2 feet of snow just dropped in a few hours here lol :P.

I wish you luck, I’m sure you’ll have fun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m