Politically correct strict neutral blocs

• so what your saying is that if someone attacks a neutral only the other neutrals in the block get pissed and go pro-enemy instead of all neutrals? If so then I think Spain and Portugal should be in like an Iberian block just so the allies have more at stake if they invade Spain. Other than that looks like a solid list i was thinking of doing somthing similar bet never got around to it.

• '10

@The:

so what your saying is that if someone attacks a neutral only the other neutrals in the block get pissed and go pro-enemy instead of all neutrals? If so then I think Spain and Portugal should be in like an Iberian block just so the allies have more at stake if they invade Spain. Other than that looks like a solid list i was thinking of doing somthing similar bet never got around to it.

This is a good point!  Either Spain or Portugal would be very uncomfortable if the other joined the war.

• There we go, how’s that?

• my buddy and i did this for Mongolia and south america. it makes invading these areas more inviting

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

What are they neutral blocs supposed to do?  Presumably, from other discussions, you mean them to be that if one is attacked only the non-conquered ones of that bloc become pro-allies/axis.  Is that correct?

Otherwise, without scrutinizing the list to ensure you have them all, it looks okay to me.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Has anyone considered with the “true neutral blocks” rule, of ADDING any pieces or equipment to the blocks?

People might think twice about upsetting Turkey or spain, if there were fighters, tanks, or navies there…

There were expansions for the original game that had tanks and fighters for neutrals.  I am sure some of our more industrious members could go find out (Gamer’s Paradise I belive was the manufacturer) what was where exactly.

However, I would have no qualms giving Spain a few cruisers, aircraft carrier, transport, 12 infantry, 2 artillery, 7 armor, 3 fighters (1 on carrier) and Turkey something similar.  For one, Spain was a major industriallized nation by WWII, granted it was no where near its 15th century power, it was also no pissant nation that could be pushed over by an errant General who “got lost” on his way to Paris.

• Yeah but thats a bit excessive on unit number…

Eh, 6 Inf, 2 Art, 3 Arm, 1 Fig with 2 cruisers seem better?

• my friend and i did something like this already its pretty fun Portugal also got a boost with their navy ad colonies

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m