• So couple questions.
    1. Do you need to have a transport unloading onto a coast for an amphibious assault to take place? Can it just be one battleship on the coast and maybe some land units already on an adjacent territory moving towards the coast?
    2. Assuming no enemy sea units are in the way and its purely a land fight, does each battleship get one shot only for the entire coast battle? Can the battleship be hit by the enemy land units?
    3. Completely unrelated to amphibious assaults, but if there is an enemy territory with no units in it, am I only allowed to capture it during my combat phase, or can I capture it during my noncombat phase?

• @lasttactics:

So couple questions.
    1. Do you need to have a transport unloading onto a coast for an amphibious assault to take place?

Yes!
    @lasttactics:

Can it just be one battleship on the coast and maybe some land units already on an adjacent territory moving towards the coast?

No!
    @lasttactics:

2. Assuming no enemy sea units are in the way and its purely a land fight, does each battleship get one shot only for the entire coast battle?

No. The number of ships that can make bombardment attacks is limited to one ship per land unit being offloaded from the transports
    in that coastal territory. And it is only one shot (per ship allowed) for the entire amphibious assault.

@lasttactics:

Can the battleship be hit by the enemy land units?

No!
    @lasttactics:

3. Completely unrelated to amphibious assaults, but if there is an enemy territory with no units in it, am I only allowed to capture it during my combat phase, or can I capture it during my noncombat phase?

Combat phase only!
    HTH :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m