Designed an A&A Spring 1942 Save Game chart and IPC chart

• Do you think that you can design something like this for AA42? This is for the Revised game so some of the territories don’t match and the cruiser is not listed.

AAR_Battle_Recorder.pdf

• I see the cruiser on there…And this is awesome!!! Could you make one for P1940 that has mechanized infantry and tactical bombers?

Did you use excel for this?

edit* I just relized that for Pac40 there is more nations so maybe that would be too much of a project. It would be cool if you could do the global game though (add France, Italy, ANZAC and China)

Is there anything else he would need? Anybody???

• @skinny1:

Do you think that you can design something like this for AA42? This is for the Revised game so some of the territories don’t match and the cruiser is not listed.

Sure… Already working on it but i found that a small map design to be somewhat Small for a recorder… thats why i went with the chart.  Ill post it soon

@trackmagic:

I see the cruiser on there…And this is awesome!!! Could you make one for P1940 that has mechanized infantry and tactical bombers?

Did you use excel for this?

no illustrator.  Yeah i can add those other units.  I also have a version of the IPC log that has Weapon tech Developments and Advantages listed

• @trackmagic:

edit* I just relized that for Pac40 there is more nations so maybe that would be too much of a project. It would be cool if you could do the global game though (add France, Italy, ANZAC and China)

Is there anything else he would need? Anybody???

Yeah to do the Eur & Pac 1940 Save Game Chart you would need 2 sheets (1 for the axis, 1 for the allies)
    but the IPC chart can be done.  I already have a version with Italy, adding more would shrink the boxes though

• What does MVC stand for?

• @skinny1:

Do you think that you can design something like this for AA42? This is for the Revised game so some of the territories don’t match and the cruiser is not listed.

I think the small map can get confusing.  for example how do you log in the allied units if they are all in caucasus? or do you use 1 map page battle recorder per country?

Using My chart all you need is 1 page per game (Very rarely 2- 1 for axis, 1 for allies)

@calvinhobbesliker:

What does MVC stand for?

Most valuable country… Playing a few games we made this up when at times despite the victory one country was kicking a** all around.

• @Keredrex:

@skinny1:

I think the small map can get confusing.  for example how do you log in the allied units if they are all in caucasus? or do you use 1 map page battle recorder per country?

Using My chart all you need is 1 page per game (Very rarely 2- 1 for axis, 1 for allies)

@calvinhobbesliker:

What does MVC stand for?

Most valuable country… Playing a few games we made this up when at times despite the victory one country was kicking a** all around.

I use 1 map recorder for 1 game. For example, G 2i in a territory would be Germany 2 infantry units. I have recorded 2 games using the sheet that I posted. I just had to write in the cruiser unit for AA42 since the map is made for Revised.

• @skinny1:

I use 1 map recorder for 1 game. For example, G 2i in a territory would be Germany 2 infantry units. I have recorded 2 games using the sheet that I posted. I just had to write in the cruiser unit for AA42 since the map is made for Revised.

so caucasus may look like this……  
    R 6i, 2a, 4t, 2f, 1aa, x3 (assuming there are 3 damage chips),
    B 2i, 2t, 2f, 2b
    U 2i, 2t, 2f, 1b  
    Given the possibility of having units on transports, a SZ could be flooded with letters a numbers.

maybe if printed on an 11x17 there would more space to write it all in, but it seems too small on regular 8.5 x 11. unless you write really, really small.

I made the recorder anyway, ill post it up monday, had left the file at work.  gonna try it out next time I play.

• @Keredrex:

@skinny1:

so caucasus may look like this……  
    B 2i, 2t, 2f, 2b
    U 2i, 2t, 2f, 1b  
    Given the possibility of having units on transports, a SZ could be flooded with letters a numbers.

maybe if printed on an 11x17 there would more space to write it all in, but it seems too small on regular 8.5 x 11. unless you write really, really small.

I made the recorder anyway, ill post it up monday, had left the file at work.  gonna try it out next time I play.

I printed it on 8.5 x 11 and there is plenty of room. I did write everything kind of small with a pencil but everything fit fine.

• so caucasus may look like this……  
    B 2i, 2t, 2f, 2b
    U 2i, 2t, 2f, 1b  

Yes, that is the way I would record it. I am looking forward to seeing it.

• I borrowed your IPC chart concept for my Global 1939 game. I like your style, it looks really good!

• @Imperious:

I borrowed your IPC chart concept for my Global 1939 game. I like your style, it looks really good!

Cool, glad you liked it.  I also have one that has Lines for Advantages / Objectives and Weapon (Tech) Developments
    I also have one made With Italy

@skinny1:

Cool, one thing i did different was in the Letter designations.  All sea units are 2 letters…
    BB = battleship (since thats how they really are coded),
    CV = aircaft carrier (stands Carrier Vessel),
    CL = Cruiser,
    DD = Destroyer
    SS = Sub
    TT = Transport (TT used only to keep the Designations Uniformly to 2 letters)

AA1942_Battle_Recorder.pdf

• @Keredrex:

@Imperious:

I borrowed your IPC chart concept for my Global 1939 game. I like your style, it looks really good!

Cool, glad you liked it.  I also have one that has Lines for Advantages / Objectives and Weapon (Tech) Developments
    I also have one made With Italy

@skinny1:

Cool, one thing i did different was in the Letter designations.  All sea units are 2 letters…
    BB = battleship (since thats how they really are coded),
    CV = aircaft carrier (stands Carrier Vessel),
    CL = Cruiser,
    DD = Destroyer
    SS = Sub
    TT = Transport (TT used only to keep the Designations Uniformly to 2 letters)

I am looking forward to seeing it.

• @Keredrex:

Here it is

This is awesome and it is the sheet that I will use from now on. Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m