• '10

Played my first ever game of Axis and Allies last night. The friend I played against and I took almost 2 hours to play one round, but were eren’t exactly in a rush. The question I had was in the setup.
    We knew we weren’t going to finish a game, but all of the time invested into setting up the board made us feel bad playing jsut one round.
    I was wondering if anyone had any shortcuts, or any tricks in speeding up the setup.
    Seems like it’s just something you’ll get faster at with time and practice.

By the way, although we were not exactly sure of what we were doing, we both saw how much fun it could be after we get the hang of it.

Thanks for any help.

• @Col.:

Played my first ever game of Axis and Allies last night. The friend I played against and I took almost 2 hours to play one round, but were eren’t exactly in a rush. The question I had was in the setup.
    We knew we weren’t going to finish a game, but all of the time invested into setting up the board made us feel bad playing jsut one round.
    I was wondering if anyone had any shortcuts, or any tricks in speeding up the setup.
    Seems like it’s just something you’ll get faster at with time and practice.

By the way, although we were not exactly sure of what we were doing, we both saw how much fun it could be after we get the hang of it.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the forums. Set up will be quicker with more practice. AA42 is my favorite of the AA line. I know a lot of people don’t like it because the board is small in some spaces in Europe. This takes a better map than Revised had and adds the rules and the cruiser ship from AA50 and makes for a real good game. There is other good info on Board Game Geek http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41863/axis-allies-1942-edition and there are also printable IPCs http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/46720/aa50-ipcs-in-pdf-format you can use for the money since this version did not include any. Also, there are some good reference sheets to use while playing since this version did not include any mobilization cards like AA Revised or AA50 did. Enjoy your new game.

• '10

Thanks. I have actually been lurking for a few weeks trying to figure out what game to get and what map to make,and I have been to boardgamegeek as well.
    Thanks for replying. I figured practice was going to be the only way to get better.

• Set up definitely gets faster the more you play.  I can probably set up the board from memory now. 
    I find it easier to place ALL the Infantry Chips 1st then do the individual countries. Like i know there are 2 men in both Sinkiang and china, so i place 1 plastic chip in each, Japan has 4 Inf., So 3 Chips, Etc. Etc.

I also made my own Game Record Sheet to track IPC’s For each country.  Even when we played the old games we found it easier to use Paper and Pencil to keep track.

• It gets easier. And its a LOT of fun!

• '10

Thanks everybody. I apprecaite all the help. I think for now it would be nice to have a place hwere I could leavemid-game, and be able to come back to it later without having to break it down and set it back up. I’m the only one of my friends that even knows about the game, and I can’t see anything running very smooth and fast the first couple times through.

• @Col.:

I think for now it would be nice to have a place hwere I could leavemid-game, and be able to come back to it later without having to break it down and set it back up.

I have to leave mid-game sometimes and do not have a place to leave the board as is. Here is a link to a copy of the AA Revised board which has a similar layout and will allow you to write down where all of your mid-game pieces are before you have to put everything away. I use something similar and have 2 games written down this way so I can go back to them anytime and pick it right back up where we left it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/14767/aa_position_recorder_v1-pdf

• I made a save game chart for the 1942 version.  a Map and a list to record the units and positions. will post it soon

• @Keredrex:

I made a save game chart for the 1942 version.  a Map and a list to record the units and positions. will post it soon

Can’t wait to see it.

• '10

I remember seeing one of those somewhere on the internet. You guys provide a great service with all of these tools.

I need a table I can put a cover over and just leave the game as is. That way the girlfriend’s cat can’t get to the pieces, and all it takes is to remove the cover and your pieces are there ready to go.

Somebody has some pictures of his gaming table in the the AAE40 forum. I need to make me one of those.

• @skinny1:

@Keredrex:

I made a save game chart for the 1942 version.  a Map and a list to record the units and positions. will post it soon

Can’t wait to see it.

check the link for the save game chart
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18681.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m