• @barney:

@General:

It’s evident China needs cheap defense one way or another. What about 0/1 militia for 1 IPC or two units for 3 IPC?

I use militia and found it to work well. A0 D1 M1 C2 limit 8. It makes for better builds in that you can usually get all your cash into play. It also allows cheap counterattacks when possible. I also added an AAgun.

Japan can still get through if she really wants too, but she has to work harder at it.

Barney, love this idea, and I enjoyed playing with it on the modded G40 map u provided.

Here’s a thought experiment for you: what would happen if you didn’t place any limit on the number of militia? Would it break the game? With a cost of 2, and defense of only 1, it might not. That’d be good, cuz the less restrictions placed on stuff the better.

• '17 '16 '15

@kid

IDK I’ve never tried it. I didn’t want to see huge spams by Russia and wanted to reflect manpower levels a little as well.

• What if you made militia movement 0? I think militia were usually local conscripts, called up on a moments a notice to defend in case of an emergency. Taking away their movement ensures you don’t have massive hordes of militia roaming the landscape. And since Russia only has so many production slots, “spamming” might not be a problem if the units have to stay put after they are constructed. Only one way to find out though. . . .

• '17 '16 '15

yea you’d just have to try it and see. They can only be built in original TTs but maybe they should be restricted to original TTs as well. IDK though it seems to work out ok letting them move around. If you have to transport them it’s one less regular that gets to go. I know the Germans shipped dudes all over the place.

My concern with no limits is a pile of allied air an100 militia in Russia and well… that’d be a tough nut to crack, but as I said I haven’t tried it.

• '17 Customizer

In 20+ games played the Chinese have yet to be 100% crushed.  Once FEC joins and help keep Burma open, it is all over for the Japanese.  The Japanese already get bogged down in China and have to keep all or most of their airforce there.  It can take perhaps 5 turns to chase China to the edge of Russia.

• @sjelso:

In 20+ games played the Chinese have yet to be 100% crushed.  Once FEC joins and help keep Burma open, it is all over for the Japanese.  The Japanese already get bogged down in China and have to keep all or most of their airforce there.  It can take perhaps 5 turns to chase China to the edge of Russia.

Japan is spending to much time and money in China. Japan needs there planes elsewhere too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m