AARHE: Phase 3: Revised NA's

• Man those NA’s are some of the most creative things ive seen in many years of house rules. They are entirely original and varied as well as historical.

Do you think i should make them into cards or we just list them on a paper like a player aid cheat sheet?

• I think you should only consider NA cards after you’ve finish the other player aids.

Really a few numbers chips in a bag would do fine.

You want to hide the NA chips until its time to revealed.
    NA cards sort of take room.

I’m glad you folks liked Fletchers.
    My vote is flash cards for NA’s

• Yea righto…

• Yes, I also think we did a fine job on these NA’s. Cards sounds the best, but sheet and numbers/ chips will do fine…

• yea will use the chips for now… but latter ill make those cards.

Tekkyy as soon as your ready post the new rules on the link.

BTW what do i still need to change in the graphics dept?

• I commented on graphics over at the graphics thread

• ok got it.

• These NA’s are just phenomenal.  That’s some incredible thinking – in and out of the box.

However, other than a vague reference to turn 5, I haven’t seen much on how we bring the NA’s into play and could use a little clarification.

So, as I think I understand the intent:  on turn 1 each country gets the #1 NA for their specific country.  Then starting on turn 5 they get an additional random NA.

• How do you randomize it?  Is the numbered chips in a bag still the best proposal?
    • Does the new NA replace the old one, or once discovered you get that NA from here on out?
    • Do all the players continue drawing NA’s on turns subsequent to Turn 5?
    • Can you deploy multiple NA’s at once if you saved one from a previous turn?
    • Can you deploy them at any time, or are they limited to a certain phase?

Inquiring minds what to know!?

Thanks,

• Bierwagen

• Sorry I guess its a bit compact not clear.

The text…
    The first item is standard. Then at beginning of first 5 game rounds, each player randomly selects an item.
    The randomly selected items are secret to enemy team and come into effect immediately when the player
    reveals it any time in the game.

• How do you randomize it?  Is the numbered chips in a bag still the best proposal?

yep, the idea is to be random and secret

• Does the new NA replace the old one, or once discovered you get that NA from here on out?

you get the new NA on top of existing NAs

• Do all the players continue drawing NA’s on turns subsequent to Turn 5?

no, you draw only in the first 5 game rounds
    so on round 5, you have 6 NAs and it remains at those 6 for the rest of the game

• Can you deploy multiple NA’s at once if you saved one from a previous turn?

yes you can deploy multiple at once

• Can you deploy them at any time, or are they limited to a certain phase?

yes you can deploy at any time

• Hey tekkyy:

Id does say under techs that Jet fighters/bombers and heavy tanks need to be built correct?

• hehe why you asked in NA thread…

The wording is that:

Self propelled Artillery and Heavy Tanks needs to be built.
    Jet plane upgrades existing units.

• oh wow. thats not how i played it. Otherwise Germany can build fighters and get all her planes instantly as jets?

thats really strong Tech….

Perhaps you can convert one fighter per turn or build a new fighter that will be a jet?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m