All that extra German money :?

• Germany is rich, but can only place Ten units a turn.  Spending over fifty IPCs, that can be rough.  So how should Germany manage that surplus?

Obviously some money is spent on R&D (unless you’re playing with uptight prudes), and the results may influence your purchase strategy.  But in the mean time, unless you plan to bet the whole farm on tech, there is a lot of money to invest.

I’m playing my third game tonight, and probably will be playing the Axis for the first time.  I like the idea of the French IC.  This would allow me to go all out against Russia with ground forces, whilst building six tanks a turn to help defend France.  I can’t wait to try it!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Try to build a fleet???

Germany is best situated to have a fleet!  From what I’ve seen, Germany needs no air force against Russia, they can rely on tanks and infantry and artillery while using air force and fleet to keep England/America at bay.

I think Germany needs two more submarines and 3 more cruisers. (First round I like +3 Cruisers, gives me 2 transports, 3 submarines, 4 cruisers and 4 fighters/bomber I believe.  That’s a lot of damage potential.)

• I played a game putting an IC in france on the second turn with great success today. Might be even better to buy it the first turn. What happened in my game was that i could constantly replenish the losses i took in france and keep uk and us at bay and still shove alot of units at russia each turn, just in time to counter attack the counter attack. Since i built my IC on the second turn the russian front dried up and russia countered me all the way into hungary because i lacked infantry.

• Just buy more tanks. that’s all you need because it takes 2 turns to reach Moscow

• I’d go for a sub fleet any day :) It’s like a crocodile lurking under the water: if the allies come to close, it opens its jaws, and with the help of some ftrs, the UK fleet is dead :evil: If the allies move to the med, the subs simply move to the English Channal, removing the ability for the British to build new fleet.

• /Holkann

See my “GUARD” threads in both 41 and 42 threads on German sub strategy. Basically it only works in 42 scenario and if you get Japanese air support lend-leased to Germany to kill off DD blocks by the US.

I’m with you IL on tanks but after the first two-three turns you should begin adding bombers. You will then replace that odd aircraft you’ve lost, be able to SBR Russia until you can push for the final Moscow assault and then use them bombers in that attack. Infantry should be built here and there to protect France, but infantry for the Russian front you might be better off building in those ICs you grab with your tanks. Exception would be if USA went Pacific, then you might actually have time to march infantry forward and then indeed an extra IC in France or Poland might be worth it. But if KGF is at you, tanks + bombers is the thing since only they kill off the Russkies quickly enough.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I gotta go with IL on this one.

Its either gonna be Tank stacks, or Bombers+Infantry. Everything else just feels like a waste of cash to me.

• yea bombers and infantry are the new combo for a long game.

• Question:  How should Germany spend it’s surplus

I would like to point out that there are no surplus in A&A, at least I’d never had any until the game was won  :-D

• or just good, old europe Blitzkrieg
    so tanks + bombers/fighters
    with some inf, to trade like ukraine and such

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m