• If Sue is twice as old as Mary was when Sue was as old as Mary is now,then how old is Mary? Sue is 24

• Mary… can you answer this? How old are you?

• Mary is 12.

• incorrect….try again

• Like 10 guys in my dorm room trying to figure this out.

• Mary says she is 18… but im sure she is older. Her political views are more mature for a 18 year old.

• Mary is 6.

• Wait, no. It can’t be six.

• no, mary is 18.

mary was 12 when sue was 18. and thats half as old as 24, which sue is now. so, mary is currently 18

• thats correct! did you ask Mary?

• Damn it, Janus has it.

Two Engineers majors and Three Polly Sci majors kept throwing me random answers.

• I think the “giant crab” thread starter actually answered this correctly first.

• You did indeed get it first, Imperious Leader!! congrats….you win a cookie

• @Yanny:

Damn it, Janus has it.

Two Engineers majors and Three Polly Sci majors kept throwing me random answers.

The THree Poli Sci Majors were your downfall.

Poli Sci majors don;t deal in facts… they bullshit people endlessly.

Trust me, I was one :-P

• Poli sci= moral relativism in politics… the result of decades of liberal thought who transformed it to dull the proper blade of leadership.

• @Imperious:

Poli sci= moral relativism in politics… the result of decades of liberal thought who transformed it to dull the proper blade of leadership.

Must not have worked completely on me…

I am a social liberal (government out of my church, bedroom and off my land)
    And a fiscal conservative (government out of my wallet)

To each based on their ABILITY
    From each AS LITTLE AS FRACKING POSSIBLE!

• Poli sci= moral relativism in politics… the result of decades of liberal thought who transformed it to dull the proper blade of leadership.

So far in 1.75 Polly Sci classes we’ve studied how to measure public opinion, conduct a poll, compile information from peer reviewed sources, classify one as a political idealogy, read confusing law books, and how the media and elected officials interact.

You’d be surprised how an excellent Political Science professor can run a class. Nothing to do with the word “liberal”.

• Well, one of my fave Pol Sci profs was the one who quoted “Godless Aeithistic Creeping Monolithiic Communist Bloc”, and could be heard to say that nearly every class… So no, not all are liberal.

Then there was also the prof who, when inquiring about events in the 1960’s during the Great Society, would call on me to speak about those events… flatering to be thoguht so knowlefgable… but also totally screwed since I was not CEONCEIVED until sometime in 1968…

I’ve got a new Logic question for you guys, if you dare.  :evil:

I worked on this last weekend and finally got it on Sunday.

WARNING:  This is NOT easy, and will take time.  Pursue at you own risk.

Here’s the problem:

–---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are five houses in a row.

1 - The architectual engineer lives in the red house.
    2 - The electrical engineer attended Texas Tech.
    3 - A compass is the favorite drafting tool in the green house.
    4 - The mechanical engineer’s favorite tool is the template.
    5 - The green house is just to the right of the white house.
    6 - The man who is 50 years old attended Georgia Tech.
    7 - The man who is 40 years old lives in the yellow house.
    8 - The man in the middle house values most his T-square.
    9 - The civil engineer lives in the first house.
    10 - The man 25 years old lives next to the man who attended MIT.
    11 - The man who is 40 years old lives next to the man who attended Purdue.
    12 - The man who is 30 places high value on his scale.
    13 - The industrial engineer is 45 years old.
    14 - The civil engineer lives next to the blue house.

Each man is a different kind of engineer, has one house, has one most prized drafting tool, attended a different engineering school and is a different age.

Which man attended UCLA?

Which has a gold plated drafting pen?

End problem

I will not accept guesses, infact to answer it you need to figure out the entire grid, so you’ll have to list all five attributes for each house.

Good luck.   :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m