• 2007 AAR League

Under what circumstances is good to build as a german player??? It takes alot of ips from the russian front and it gets destroyed by the superior naval strength.

• A good naval build for germany is Infantry and tanks, you cant defeat Russia with a navy… what choo talkin bout?

• I agree.  You hold off UK and US with your initial naval forces and your air power.  You decimate Allied trannies as long as possible while you overlaod Russia with all the land forces you can drive at it.

3-4 rounds of that, and Axis wins.

• I really wish I could agree with you ncc. I started as a very pro-axis player like you and they’re still my favorite. But your entire view of the game is distorted if you think you can win the game in 3-4 rounds.

• @trihero:

I really wish I could agree with you ncc. I started as a very pro-axis player like you and they’re still my favorite. But your entire view of the game is distorted if you think you can win the game in 3-4 rounds.

No, I can get a 9 city victory in 4-5; and enough economic might in that time that the Allies are in a war of attrition that they will lose.

• That’s incredibly vague. Destroy all of the allies, and win in 4-5 rounds. (No pun intended)

• @Afrika:

That’s incredibly vague. Destroy all of the allies, and win in 4-5 rounds. (No pun intended)

OK, here is what I mean…

Germany takes Lenningrad (+1 victory city)  on G1 or G2
    Japan takes Calcutta (+2 victory cities) sometime in J1 to J3 (depending on strategies in that theater)
    Germany or Japan takes Moscow (4th victory city) around round 5 (give or take 1).

That is 9 cities of 12 held by the Axis, but more importantly it means the Axis is building in the 100 IPC range, ahead of UK which will be in the high teens to low 20’s, and the US that will be in the upper 30’s or low 40’s.

Axis building at 180% of the Allies income is an Axis win (95%+ of the time), you would just be wasting time playing it out, or counting on a series of incredible luck by the Allies…

• Although I don’t say that it is impossible to win in round 4-5, but it’s absolutely unlikely against a player of the same experiencel-level. Of course a mean dicey can lead to a desaterous end very early, but that’s not the normal case. LEN and IND may not be a big problem for the axis, but under normal cicumstances you shouldn’t be allowed to rush to MOS that fast.
    If you absolutely ignore the Kriegsmarine, the british player should be able to threaten everything between NWY and WEU in his ~ third round. A solid german navy is also vital in the late-game to defend the mediterian. Joined up by japanse capital ships, it provides a good defense against american amphibious assaults in the south/southeast.

• @Jule:

Although I don’t say that it is impossible to win in round 4-5, but it’s absolutely unlikely against a player of the same experiencel-level. Of course a mean dicey can lead to a desaterous end very early, but that’s not the normal case. LEN and IND may not be a big problem for the axis, but under normal cicumstances you shouldn’t be allowed to rush to MOS that fast.
    If you absolutely ignore the Kriegsmarine, the british player should be able to threaten everything between NWY and WEU in his ~ third round. A solid german navy is also vital in the late-game to defend the mediterian. Joined up by japanse capital ships, it provides a good defense against american amphibious assaults in the south/southeast.

Well, I am not going to be able to prove these ideas with the current game I am playing… made WAY too many mistakes on G1, and a couple of lesser errors on J1.  Result is that UK and US are a threat to Germany in turn 2, not turn 3.  That will force Germany to pull resources off Russia for defense; far more than otherwise should have been the case.

Give me a few more games, correcting my initial errors, to work out the bugs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m