Ambilzi & Grasshopper's 1940 Global Map (Video Added)

• Sponsor

one more….

map1.jpg

• I use HBGs acrylic green airbase and blue naval base markers.
    I will probably be placing them over the white icons (icons are touch smaller than the markers so it works perfect)
    Or maybe i wont…

The turn marker is there i might aswell use it :wink:

All the extras (turn marker, IPC tracker, technology chart, etc…) will definitely be a bonus when playing with new/unfamiliar players.
    And i could get used to them, they do save alot of space.
    Only thing one needs now is NO chart and IPC tracker.

Great map anyway you spin it though!

• Sponsor

I know for a fact that your print is much more colourful and vibrant than mine, I have gotten laminated poster prints done with that file and they were very rich in colour. The map I have decided to place on my table was printed on thick styrene and seems to have a very unique holograph effect which dulls the vibrant colours a tad, but when I run my hand over it… I can totally feel the quality. I was also able to securely paste it bubble free to my table top which was very important to me. I have compared the colour of my print to the original board and they are surpassingly close… your vinyl print however should be much brighter than the original. Here is a picture of the comparison…

map4.jpg

• Customizer

YG,

––Let me say this regarding the above comparison pics. You’re “Dead Soldier Holograph” effected map is still an excellent example concerning color & sharpness as far as I can tell.
    ––The one thing I like MORE about your map is the “Convoy” symbols are in White which makes them much more obvious, and IMHO better looking.

––YG, since I’ve been very busy of late let me ask you a few questions about your map file. Since I’m not a “computer talent”, Do you have or can you make different versions of your excellent map? Such as:

without all of the IPC scoring, round chart, cost chart, battle board, air and naval bases?
    I completely understand and agree with your reasoning for making your map easier for new players,….but I prefer my maps to be “uncluttered”, and if/when I add new UNIT TYPES to the game, the battle board will be incorrect and in the way. Please let me know if you have, or can make a “different” map file for me. I’m glad you got your’s done and Thanks for sharing your pics.

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

Tall Paul,

Sorry but Ambilzi is the computer guy of the equation who scanned the original map, I’m the one who designed all the info that clutters the board… lol.

Ambilzi is an extremely busy guy, but I will ask him if he has a basic map file he can share with us.

• Customizer

YG,

@Young:

Tall Paul,

Sorry but Ambilzi is the computer guy of the equation who scanned the original map, I’m the one who designed all the info that clutters the board… lol.

Ambilzi is an extremely busy guy, but I will ask him if he has a basic map file he can share with us.

––Thanks a lot. I’ve been thinking about getting an “improved” version of my enlarged G-40 map.
    I really like the White-colored convoy zones on the map you two have made.
    ––And as far as “the clutter”,….it is well done but just not my preference. Besides, I like to have as many items as possible represented in 3-D form,….like HBG’s new rectangular Airbase pieces(shown below). Also, I like to be as flexible as possible concerning future changes,…like new UNIT TYPES on a Battle Board. Thanks again and I’ll look for your and Ambilzi’s answer.

“Tall Paul”

hbgairfieldlong.jpg

• I’d be interested in a vanilla map aswell.

That is: No bases, no information boxes, no turn tracker, no IPC tracker, etc etc…

• Customizer

“Crusty”,

@Uncrustable:

I’d be interested in a vanilla map aswell.

That is: No bases, no information boxes, no turn tracker, no IPC tracker, etc etc…

––“Great minds think alike”,….sometimes haha.  :-D

“Tall Paul”

• @Young:

Here’s a teaser pic before I post my youtube video.

Great looking table.  Those recessed blue compartments for equipment are a very nice feature.

• Hey there folks,

Here’s as vanilla as I’ve got these days:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14003625/axisandallies.pdf

It’s the base map scanned in, creases and stuff removed, map corrections added, and a few minor aesthetic improvements such as more visible convoy/kamikaze icons

It’s about 100 MB and hosted on my dropbox (so be warned it may not stay there forever, if someone wants to re-host it, feel free!)

The file is a pdf about 20,000 pixels wide by about 9,000 pixels high.

I have a PSD file with layers for modifying, but it’s rather large and I don’t really have access to a decent host that would publicly make available a 1+ GB file.
    If you would prefer not to have the “adjacent to” text on the far left and right borders, let me know and I think I can make that change.

also, A&A.org isn’t exactly on my ‘frequent visit’ websites I’m afraid, so your best bet of getting ahold of me is a PM.

• Sponsor

Thank you very much Ambilzi, I have converted your PDF into a JPEG and it can be found here…

https://www.mediafire.com/?o6z3o6w8m6r1ggc

• Awesome thanks guys…

If i may push the line a tad farther…anyway to get it without the unit charts?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

• Sponsor

I will try and get back to you….

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Young:

Thank you very much Ambilzi, I have converted your PDF into a JPEG and it can be found here…

A shame for me to just profit off all your hard work, but thanks so much guys. This is excellent.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Young:

A shame for me to just profit off all your hard work, but thanks so much guys. This is excellent.

SSSSHHHH!!! We don’t use the word “profit” in this thread… It’s a free exchange of gaming materials :)

So it is! My mistake.  :wink:

• Sponsor

@Uncrustable:

Awesome thanks guys…

If i may push the line a tad farther…anyway to get it without the unit charts?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Here is a link to a jpeg file of the map without mobilization zones… so you’re free of stat evidence that interfere with your advanced house rules  :wink:

https://www.mediafire.com/?opq0u632b9swc29

• That is beautiful,

Thanks to both of you guys  :-D

• '14

@Uncrustable:

Had to resize them

Does anyone know where i can purchase those factories that Uncrustable has on his game board? Can find them on any of the obvious sites.

@wartorn:

@Uncrustable:

Had to resize them

Does anyone know where i can purchase those factories that Uncrustable has on his game board? Can find them on any of the obvious sites.

They are from the 2008 version of Risk.

Tall Paul has some you might want to check out:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26834.msg1248796#msg1248796

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m