• ANZAC conquers all.  At least it does in my games.  ANZAC is to the USA as Italy is to Germany… the secret weapon.
    Ever try the Bielefeldt maneuver?  ANZAC takes Brazil and builds a minor there!

• @robbie358:

ANZAC conquers all.  At least it does in my games.  ANZAC is to the USA as Italy is to Germany… the secret weapon.

I thought about it, but it’s never been done in my games.  Is my sea-zone counting correct, it would only take 2 turns from Sydney to get to Brazil?  It’s interesting to think about anzac building there, if the Japanese lose face and give up the pacific, then they could spend everything over there.  Hmmm… strategy would work best with a heavy German navy, and you need extra cannon-fodder for Gib.

• I had ANZAC take a pro allied Arabia one game. The built an IC and started buying tanks. By the end, an army of Aussies was outside of Berlin.

• Wow this is crazy - Anzac with a minor in the middle east or in Brazil. I really love the idea of the middle east, sometimes Anzac ends up with 25-30 income and with only one minor you end up buying bombers or costly ships, where perhaps 3 tanks/mech inf a turn would be more useful. In any case I see Brazil being more useful to UK or Anzac than the US. I think i’ll try a minor in the middle east in my next live game

• '14 '13

@robbie358:

ANZAC conquers all.  At least it does in my games.  ANZAC is to the USA as Italy is to Germany… the secret weapon.

Damn, I’m going to seriously consider trying this in the next war.

• A1 2 infantry to Java. Fighter to Sumatra. A2 assuming no J2, 2 infantry to India. Fighter to India. A3 land in Pro Allied Persia. A4 Build Minor IC. A5 produce first land units!

Teams up well with a UK IC in Iraq. Troops pour north into Caucasus to stand with Russian soldiers, wherever they might be.

Infrastructure from this site does it frequently against me… actually he’s preparing to do it right now in our league game. It’s a good strategy.

The downside is that Anzac has less money to build navy vs Japan - so I counter by going a little more heavy with Japanese naval and air in the Pacific.

• Customizer

Stalingradsky,

@Stalingradski:

A1 Fighter to Sumatra.

––I may be completely incorrect in my understanding but I thought it would be an illegal move for Anzac to land an aircraft in a territory that it just claimed. I understand that it begins as a friendly country,…but I thought you’d have to move LAND units into it in order to claim it as ANZAC, and also that you couldn’t land an aircraft in a territory that you just claimed.
    ----Were you just landing the fighter in Sumatra and NOT claiming it as ANZAC?
    ----Can someone enlighten me if my understanding is incorrect or not. Thanks.

“Tall Paul”

• Pacific 2nd ed. rulebook  pg. 10

“These two powers (uk/Anzac) have an arrangement with the Dutch government in exile (Holland having been captured by Germany) and have taken guardianship of the Dutch territories in the Pacific.  As a result, they are free to move units into these territories as a noncombat movement at any time, as long as they have not yet been captured by Japan.”

• '13

How does Anzac get to 20+ IPCs?

• Customizer

elevenjerk,

@elevenjerk:

Pacific 2nd ed. rulebook  pg. 10

“These two powers (uk/Anzac) have an arrangement with the Dutch government in exile (Holland having been captured by Germany) and have taken guardianship of the Dutch territories in the Pacific.  As a result, they are free to move units into these territories as a noncombat movement at any time, as long as they have not yet been captured by Japan.”

––First off, Thank you very much for your response. I was familiar with this rule but my understanding,….
    or mis-understanding, was that you needed a LAND unit in order to capture a territory. I am probably confusing this “specific” circumstance concerning the Dutch East Indies with normal combat where capturing countries requires a land unit. I’m certainly NOT perfect, and sometimes I prove it.
    ----Is this how everyone else understands this rule?

“Tall Paul”

• You do need a land unit to “capture a territory” but with the Dutch East Indies, they are considered a friendly territory and the only type that you can take the ipc value for yourself (with a land unit).

I am NOT a rules guy but I am pretty sure this is how it is interpreted.

• Customizer

@Tall:

elevenjerk,

@elevenjerk:

Pacific 2nd ed. rulebook  pg. 10

––First off, Thank you very much for your response. I was familiar with this rule but my understanding,….
    or mis-understanding, was that you needed a LAND unit in order to capture a territory. I am probably confusing this “specific” circumstance concerning the Dutch East Indies with normal combat where capturing countries requires a land unit. I’m certainly NOT perfect, and sometimes I prove it.
    ----Is this how everyone else understands this rule?

“Tall Paul”

––Maybe Kreighund could set me straight on this.

“Tall Paul”

• Tall Paul - I’m assuming that UK uses their first turn in the Pacific to land a couple infantry in Sumatra. Then, on Anzac’s turn, they can fly the single fighter from Queensland and land.

• Customizer

Stalingradsky,

@Stalingradski:

Tall Paul - I’m assuming that UK uses their first turn in the Pacific to land a couple infantry in Sumatra. Then, on Anzac’s turn, they can fly the single fighter from Queensland and land.

––Well in that case it’s nothing but a simple re-enforcement of an allied nation,…no problem.
    ----I heard, probably by mistake, that ANZAC (only) landed an aircraft and captured the territory of Sumatra for itself without use of any ground forces. If I mis-heard,…I appologize.
    ----Disussing strategies of this wonderful game can enlighten all of us.

“Tall Paul”

• Any Ally, including ANZAC, can land on Dutch territories any time they want (must be at war on the appropriate map, of course).
    Control is not needed.  They are no different than French territories.  The only weird thing about the Dutch territories is that (only) UK/ANZ can take control of them in non-combat movement.

ANZAC can absolutely land planes on Java on their first turn, WITHOUT UK doing anything with Java.  ANZ does not even have to land ground units there (she just won’t get control).  It’s a friendly territory!

A lot of players are confused about the Dutch territories - that’s not unusual.

• Customizer

Gamerman,

@Gamerman01:

Any Ally, including ANZAC, can land on Dutch territories any time they want (must be at war on the appropriate map, of course).
    Control is not needed.  They are no different than French territories.  The only weird thing about the Dutch territories is that (only) UK/ANZ can take control of them in non-combat movement.

ANZAC can absolutely land planes on Java on their first turn, WITHOUT UK doing anything with Java.  ANZ does not even have to land ground units there (she just won’t get control).  It’s a friendly territory!

A lot of players are confused about the Dutch territories - that’s not unusual.

––Thank you for “setting me straight” on the D.E.I. question. I believe I now completely understand the difference between the Dutch countries and other allied/friendly territories(such as France).
    ––And as you stated above, to control a territory and receive it’s I.P.C. income LAND forces must be landed,…correct?
    ----If so, in order for Anzac to get CONTROL of the territory they must send LAND forces (which was my original question).

----I’m not trying to be argumentative or to “push a point”,…only in understanding the rules correctly. Thanks again, Gamerman01.

“Tall Paul”

• No problem -

Yes, ANZ/UK must move a non-AAA land unit onto a Dutch territory in order to take control (collect IPC’s and be able to build bases).

USA (or other Allies) can only take control of a Dutch territory by wresting it from Axis control, but these other non-UK/ANZ Allies are still free to land ground or air units in these friendly Dutch territories.

• Customizer

Gamerman01,

––Thanks for your answering my rules question. In this case, it ends up that my original “understanding” of the rules regarding Anzac control over Dutch countries was correct. I simply want to play my games by the correct rules.

“Tall Paul”

• Any time you’re not sure about something, just post it to the FAQ thread and everyone can benefit from the Q&A

Plus, Krieghund reads every answer on that thread and makes sure it’s right

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m